Welcome to the Way of the Waaagh! - Competition Rules and Winners supa thread, I'll be your events coordinator, and first up is a few rules I want all competitors and visitors alike to read and follow. CORE RULES
• A week out from the opening of a competition I will post a new competition thread in the main section of the Ork forum describing what the subject of the competition will be and any additional steps you will need to do in order to enter.
• Competitors should post their competition entry in the new competition thread, or if they wish, they may post a link within the competition thread to a post in another part of 40KOnline. For example if it was a fiction competition you could post your entry in the Fiction board of 40K0 and then post a link to that post within the new competition thread.
• If you do post your entry in another part of 40K0 please post in its title WotW - "name of competition" Competition - "your name" Submission
, so that it is clear to other forum members it is a competition entry.Ex: WotW - Short Story Competition - Dropfall's Submission
• Non-competitors are free to comment and discuss entries within either the new competition thread, or linked posts to their hearts content.
• Competitors have 3 weeks once the competition is open to post their relevant completed entry. If you fail to post your entry before closing day, you will not be able to be included in the vote.
• When applicable all photos must appear as thumbnails. To learn how to do this follow this link to moc065's guide to thumbnail's
• All photos should be well lit and in focus.ADDITIONAL RULESPAINTING COMPETITIONS
• Any and all models entered must be legal Ork units from either Codex: Orks, or any relevant Imperial Armour or Apocalypse publications.
• You may not use a pre-painted model in a painting competition.
• A painting competition competitor must provide a picture of their unpainted model or models they are entering before, or when they post their entry.
• Whilst you may want to make a fancy base for your model, the only requirement for bases is that they are properly based (so paint, flock or gravel etc).
• Please only post a maximum of three (3) pictures of your completed model/s
• Votes should be based on the quality of the paint job, not the quality of the model/s. CONVERSION COMPETITIONS
• A conversion competition is about creating a uniquely modeled miniature or group of miniatures based off a GW model. It would be good for competitors to post a description or drawing of the model/s prior to posting a completed entry, but it is not necessary.
• Converstion competition entries do not need to be painted, just properly glued togther, aka completed.
• Votes should be based on the quality of the conversion and whether or not the model is still/is now Orky etc. SHORT STORY COMPETITIONS
• A short story competition involves a competitor writing a piece of fiction based around Orks. Either from the perspective of another race, or from the Ork perspective. It would be good for those wishing to enter this competition to post a synposis of their story ASAP to avoiding story repetition between competitors.
• Try keep the unique way in which Orks talk limited to the dialogue in the story only.
• Once the competition is open, you are under no obligation to keep the synopsis in your entry.
• Votes should be based on the quality of the writing (grammar, spelling etc), as well as the quality of the story. CREATE A UNIT COMPETITIONS
• A Create Your Own Unit competition involves the competitor inventing a new Ork unit, or re-imagining an old unit with no current rules.
• You may not enter into this competition a new unit, of which you can take as many times as the force organisation chart allows, but with an optional new unique upgrade character (like Boss Zzagstrukk) which you can only take one of per army.
You may however enter a single unique unit with named characters, but the entire unit must be written as one, not seperate parts.
• It is frowned upon for you to enter into the competition a new unit with the option of taking a new type of dedicated transport (because its a two-part unit). If you wish to do this please send me a PM and I will decide on a case-by-case basis.
• Please make sure the formating for your entry is well presented. To see the level of presentation I expect, follow any of the "Create A Unit Competition" winners' links in the Winners post directly beneath this one.
• Votes should be based on whether it fits with the Ork background, if the costs aseem appropriate, and if whether or not the unit is balanced in comparison to the Ork Codex.TACTICA COMPETITIONS
• Tactica competitions are about writing a tactical tutorial about a specific Ork subject; be it how to use Tankbustas effectively or Ork army tactics overall , the choice is yours.
• Votes should be based on how useful the Tactica is both to newer players and veterans alike. Proper grammar and spelling should be taken into account, but should not be your main focus.ARMY BACKGROUND COMPETITIONS
• This type of competition is all about writing a piece of fiction about the exploits and background of your Ork army similar to the stories in the Galaxy At War
section in the Ork Codex.
It would be good for those wishing to enter this competition to post a synposis of their story ASAP to avoiding story repetition between competitors.
• You have one post to write your Army Background.
• Votes should be based on the quality of the writing (grammar, spelling etc), as well as the quality of the army’s background story. !! THE WARNING !!
• All the Core Rules
as well as those applicable to the type of competition being run in the Additional Rules
section must be followed to the letter. Breaking any rules will result in one (1) warning, and any subsequent infractions will result in disqualification from the competition if a competitor. If a visitor you will get a swift kick by a Mod.If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, your events coordinator & rules tyrant.Dropfall