Well it's been a while...
Ok, more than a while...
Sadly real life kicked me in the teeth, or at least smashed in my knee (I swear I'm not accident prone, it's just people around me) and the Reaver got pushed to one side in the kitchen. Then a couple of weeks back I finally got to digging it out from behind the cookie jar where it seemed to be trying to claim obscured and after a little more procrastination started work again.
So first up I managed to get the water effect I was after for the base. Actually I managed that before the whole thing got put on hold and but never got chance to do an update.
Over all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out but did learn (Or at least realise) that fishing line doesn't react well to heat...
Jumping from the bottom to the top I wanted to give the same technique a try for a different use and give the missile launcher a kind of sticky/slimy/gooey look. I still like the idea if not the actual look, but there's still plenty of time to make adjustments and build up the slime a little more.
Also been doing a little painting inside:
It was at this point I hit another small bump in the road... Metaphorically thankfully. The guns are conected to the main chassis by the arms from top of gun to shoulder and the power cables that run from the inside of the gun to couplings under the rear carapace and of course those power cables aren't the right shape .
Now that's not a problem, bending resin with a heat gun is easy, getting the cables to the right shape not so easy. Thing is if I attached the arm first so I could get the shape of the cables then it would be very tricky to get to the cables to work on them. If I attached the cables first I wouldn't know what position they needed to be bent to without the arm to line them up with...
Much thought was given and in the end I went with the "screw it what's the worst that can happen" approach and glued the cables to the body.
A little heat protection
And finally after a few nervous moments.
Speaking of the arm, I also picked up something new (Well new to me) to give a rusted finish.
It's not a great shot, but the real thing looks very much like rust, largely because it is rust. A paste of iron fillings and an oxidizer that causes the iron to rust over night.
Anyway it's starting to look even more Titan like:
(Cleared for digging this up with -Makenshi-)