The 8th tournament was a great success, the biggest event we've had I think! It saw a real turn around for lots of the gamers who usually enjoy top spots, so no doubt there will be some payback needed at the next event!When/where is it?:
so, the 9th tournament will be held on:Saturday 21st August 2010
There are 24 gamer places!!!
ALL PLACES NOW FULL (practically - there is one slot still open due to a pull out).
IF YOU HAVE MISSED OUT THIS TIME THEN FEAR NOT, NEXT YEAR WE HOPE TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE EVENT A BIT TO GET EVEN MORE OF HTE COMMUNITY TOGETHER.
IF YOU HAVE NOT MANAGED TO BU YA TICKET THEN PLEASE STILL FEEL FREE TO COME ALONG AND MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN, MEET THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY.
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT A TICKET BUT ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO ATTEND THEN PLEASE BE SURE TO LET US KNOW SO THAT WE CAN GIVE OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES THE CHANCE TO TAKE YOUR PLACE.
Again, a big thanks to the bracknell forest gamers club for allowing us to use their venue. http://www.bfgclub.org.uk/
Address and direction on website What time?:
we are going to be looking for an early start... the earlier we start, the better! Keep your eyes peeled here for more details.
so provisionally (yet to be confirmed):9:00am - 6:00pm.How much?:
As before, we are offering an incentive to pre-book tickets and secure your place. As such we are offering a discounted price if you purchase your ticket before May, see below;
£10 booked ticket from 1st of May
£12 ticket on the door.
It will be open to forum members to pre-buy. After the pre-buy time, tickets will be available to non-forum members at a standard cost.
Tickets may be available to buy on the day, but will operate on a first come first serve basis. More info on this method of payment below.
PM / email Dan (BFG club) direct with how you want to pay and he will give you the specific details. This is for security.
Your options for payment include:
or of course you can pay in CASH
Follow the link to the BFG site in order to buy through PayPal.BFG EVENTS
Be sure to provide the following information with all payments:
Army (though we won't hold you to this!)
If you require a refund be sure to contact the above as soon as possible. If you give at least 1 months notice before the event date then you will get £7 back.
Less then that and you get 50% back. (£7 if a reserve list buyer is found)
Less than two weeks and you will get no refund. (50% if a reserve list buyer is found)
If we have a reserve list with people waiting to buy up tickets then we will make arrangements to refund what we can as highlighted above once your place has been booked by someone else.
Any questions, just ask.What will you need?:
- a full 1750pt army
- your army list
- dice & templates
- measuring tape
- glue (for field repairs)
- objective markers (for missions)
- money for lunch / packed lunch
- a good sense of humour!
- pen and paper (to keep track of points etc)
- a camera, to document the carnage (optional!)
we will hopefully get 4x games in over the day.
the format for these will be confirmed in a tournament pack which will be available to download from teh BFG website in the near future. This pack will also detail all the games and rules etc.The armies:
- your armies will need to be 1750pts
- non-codex print armies, such as armoured company / kroot mercenaries are of course allowed! in all cases you MUST bring ALL the relevant rules in order to play with that army
- forge world IS allowed. you may use anything without structure or mass points as part of your army abiding by the forgeworld rules, and of course, you must bring those rules with you. if you wish to use a forge world army list (as opposed to just adding in units) then you may do so
- in all cases, the most up to date rules are to be used. This includes the Forge World Imperial Armour Apocalypse book.
- the forge world flyer rules will be used (not those from Apocalypse).
- the only exception is that, as per Apocalypse, Pintle Mounted Weapons will count as AA (anti-aircraft weapons) - this is to give some armies a fighting chance against flyers.
- your army does not need to be painted, but additional points will be awarded to those that are
- all armies and units must be "official", no VDR units will be used nor armies without official publications (codeces or otherwise). If you are unsure about your army then ask here first!
please look through the above, its all subject to change according to our concensus.We will be using the 5th Edition 40k rules at this tournament.the prizes:
as before there are
no real prizes up for grabs
some nice certificates!
if we want some more then put forward your ideas!!
the winner will be decided throughout the course of the tournament... the scoring of which will be decided through an overly complicated and gizmotronic spread sheet developed by the devil himself.Nearest Hotels
The Grange Hotel
Charles Sq, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1DF, UK 01344 474000
Bagshot Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 0QJ, UK 01344 424 801
Premier Travel Inn
Wokingham Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 1NA, UK 0870 197 7036 Whos coming?
What I've forgotten:
|01=||Bezerek||Ben Clark||Mech Guard|
|05=||(BFG)||Lee Burden||Space Marines / Eldar|
|06=||(BFG)||David Smee||Thousand Sons|
|07=||(BFG)||Adam Wilkins||Orks / Blood Angels|
|08=||(BFG)||Mike Sutcliffe||Space Marines / Black Templars|
|09=||(BFG)||Ben||Orks / Tyranids|
|12=||---||Greg||Ork Dread Mob|
|17=||Andromidius||Mathew Thornley||Space Wolves|
|20=||Mecha Coby||Mark Flanagan||Mech Guard?|
|22=||Angel of Inquisition||Ian Doherty||Mech Guard|
|23=||Glaug||Mike Murray||Blood Angels|
As you may have noted, I'ts pretty much a familiar format but with one tiny alteration - up until now we have been playing 1500pt games, but I want to see what people think about upping the points limit to enjoy more varied games and army lists.
These, and other points are of course up for discussion as we firm up the finer points of the tournament!