Here is the design for a Custom Soulgrinder that I am sculpting to join a Slaanesh "Counts as" Daemon Army. The goal is a 5,000 point army using custom sculptures and conversion to create a Slaanesh theme replacement model for virtually every unit in Codex Chaos Daemons. The projects pretty far along, so i didn't want to replicate the entire thing here so provide a link for those who might be interested: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/235930.pageDesign sketches for Soulgrinder #1:
So...I've been thinking about the Soul Grinder counts as model, and have decided to go with Gameandwatch's and The_Chaplain's excellent ideas, and came up with um....this wonderfully daemonic homage to motherhood. :lol:
This is the basic idea the engine was formed from the body of an eldar Farseer. Here's the idea engine is a womb where slaaneshi daemons form. An idea stolen from the Ultramarine Omnibus, where the Iron Warriors used grotesquely deformed women to birth new fully grown space marines! Ewe!
And no the tooth maw is not what your thinking... it didn't even occur to me until my wife pointed it out. Still I think it fits for Slaanesh. Disturbing, no?
While looking through online pictures of pregnant women for research I came across, this:
Apparently, its done with a temporary dye called Henna. The important thing is that is got me thinking a painting and intricate Eldar/Slaaneshi design on the belly.So, anyway that's one of my Soulgrinder ideas. Things to do:
1. The drawing was done to scale so all I have to do is photo-copy it to use as a guide for my armature.
2. The design is not chaotic enough so I'll need to work on some detailing sketches.
3. Since the sculpture is rather large I'll be using gray super sculpey firm and casting the final model. I need feedback of the design:
- I've drawn her with 8 arms, but as pointed out six would be better for Slaanesh. Which pair of arms should I remove? The ones on the ground supporting her weight have to remain. While the ones cradling her belly are fundamental to the idea.
- It needs some method of movement legs like a defiler, or perhaps a winged dais, or something?
- I've considered have one set of ares either clutching Slaanesh iconography or having sculpted flames coming from the palms of the hands.
- While the mouth is currently open should she be either blind folded or gagged, S&M style? To much?
- How should I represent the Soulgrinder's weapons?Please be brutal in your critiques, I can take it.