Well, a little while ago I mentioned that I had made a cheap Blood Bowl pitch. I finally got around to uploading pictures, so I thought I'd share them:The Box
A spare Assault on Black Reach box is the perfect size for storing my pitch. It's deep enough for one standard GW foam tray, too (With 32 slots it's perfect for transporting two teams).The Dice
Six d6 from that Assault on Black Reach box, paired up with a d8 I bought for 50 cents gives me all the dice I need to play the game.The Roster Sheet
I found an image of a roster sheet from an earlier edition online (aren't Google searches great?) and photoshopped it slightly (since Team Wizards aren't available anymore). The Match Record Chart is on the reverse side.The Blocking Chart
Because I don't have any Blocking Dice I made this handy little table with equivalent values for d6s.Scatter and Throw-in Templates
Some fun with Photoshop produced these templates. I've since re-done the Scatter template since I got the numbers in the wrong places initially, though.The Dugout
Simple, but effective. I've since penciled in a place to put the score; I'll probably see about editing the file and re-printing them with it included, but they do the job for now.The Range Ruler
Paper taped to a piece of cardboard to stiffen it. It turns out that the ruler is a touch short, but not enough to really make a difference. Besides, if both teams are using the same template, it'll be fair, right?Re-Roll Markers
Made of small pieces of cardboard, I decided to make them look like little dice (it seemed fitting). They aren't anything fancy, but they get the job done.Touchdown tokens
I printed off a sheet of these to be used as various markers. They can be used to mark touchdowns and the turn. Really, they're largely superfluous, but I figured "why not"?Random Player Tokens
They are made out of 25mm round bases primed white with black numbers painted on. Since picking a random player doesn't happen all that often I generally use them to keep track of which player on my team has performed an action (by flipping the appropriate number over when that player does something).The Pitch
I made a file with Photoshop of the grid (as close to the proper size as I could) and printed out a bunch of sheets. I then taped them together on a cardboard sheet (made from an old clothing box, I think it was). I then penned in the center line, end zones and wide zones.Folding the Pitch
The pitch collapses for transportation.Other Markers
With the spare weapons from my Beastmen team (converted from the plastic Gors) I made two markers suitable for use as turn or score counters.The Ball
It's a bit on the small side when compared to the balls from the official box set, but it works. It was made out of Green Stuff.
I got Staples to print out a spiral-bound copy of the Living Rulebook (complete with the FAQ, Dungeon Bowl and Blood Bowl 7s rules) to go along with this (for about $16) and I converted a team out of a box of plastic Beastmen. All together, starting Blood Bowl cost me about $56.50. A small amount of savings when compared to buying the box set (although I could have saved about $40 if I had made a team out of spare WHFB models instead of buying a new kit), but all-in-all I think this pitch was worth the time I spent on it. It's nothing fancy, but it allows me to play on league nights when there aren't enough official pitches to go around.
I have a couple of other things I've since added (two mini decks of cards for Special Plays, a spare d12 and d10, Dungeonbowl floor tiles and a Current Weather chart), but I haven't taken pictures of them yet.
Eventually I plan to make a fancy wooden pitch, but I have a number of other projects to do first, so it'll have to wait.
In the meantime, I'll see you on the pitch! For Nuffle!