flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 27775 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rudkin

  • Fio'ui Kais
  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #460 on: May 13, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »
Okay, time to play with the lever and switich some more.

Let's move the lever to Red and flick the switch (it should be at "o" now).

There are only 6 combinations possible, it would seem. Red o, Red -, Grey o, Grey -, Blue o, Blue -. One of them should work, right?

Here is a chart with what happened:
Blue o (Fan @ Steam, water on)
Blue - (Fan @ Steam, water off)
Grey o (Fan @ Metal, water on)
Grey - (Fan @ Metal, water off)
Red - (Fan @ Laser, water off)
Red o (? ? ?)

There are also the end positions (far left, far right) but they appear to be neutral settings. Still, there is a possibility that the answer is to have the lever in either of those positions.

The only other course of action would be to increase the power level in the Metal Room, but that is already dangerously high. I would rather leave it where it is for now and test this first, especially given the warning about misusing the panel. By the way, does anyone recall what power level in that room was at last?

Offline JeepDriver

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #461 on: May 13, 2009, 09:41:11 PM »
6,000 I think. I take some water in my shoes. (It is still cool right) I turn the switch to "-" or on mode so that I can hear the fan and move the lever to the gray part. Then I poor it on the electric part of the room. I make sure to see if there is a reaction with the water and the electric floor.

Offline Grimfang

  • Ork Boy
  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 136
  • Country: 00
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #462 on: May 13, 2009, 11:53:50 PM »
The water touches the metal floor and begins to evaporate, there is a sizzle and a crack at the electricity flows.

Flicking the switch to the "o" position, the water begins to boil once more in a few moments, steam rises off the pool and forms a mist.
You move the lever into the Red position, there is a click and the fanblade can be heard far off in Stage VI. The steam from the pool rises steadily into the vent.

The power levels are in fact at 6,000


     Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

  • Fio'ui Kais
  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #463 on: May 14, 2009, 12:27:40 AM »
I will assume by the fact that you changed around the order of operations that it doesn't matter if we move the lever before flicking the switch or vice-versa.

Okay, Once more I will head to the Laser Room (closing doors behind me) and test for lasers. Next, I will work my way down the safe route, as before (shoe in hand) and try the door at the far end. I'll admit, I don't have high hopes, but still, it should be tested.

If this doesn't work, I think I'll have to try upping the power level again. We should be safe as long as it doesn't exceed 9000, right?

"This Suit Burns Better...."

Offline Grimfang

  • Ork Boy
  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 136
  • Country: 00
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #464 on: May 14, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »
Stepping into Stage VI (after closing the doors behind you) you see  now that the steam form Stage V is coming through the vent in the floor. As the steam rises you can clearly see the pattern of red lasers criss-crossing the hallway in every direction. Now that you are able to see you easily make your way down to the end of the hall. when you reach the door you find that it is still locked.


     Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

  • Fio'ui Kais
  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2009, 02:21:37 AM »
Well, that simplifies things.

I'll go back into the Metal Room, close the door to the Laser Room (the Steam Room door should already be closed from before) and I will then push the BRB.

Offline speedy

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 290
  • lurking in a forum near you!
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »
Eek!  Can't wait to see what hitting the button again does!

Offline taupro777

  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 103
  • Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:13 AM »
I hit the red button until its AT 9000, and not above.  Then i wait and see what happens
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline JeepDriver

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »
This may have been tried already, but.... I dont know! So I will aproach the vent in the floor in the red laser room and examine it, seeing if it is removable etc. Also, this is all happening with the fan in the laser room, so I can see the lasers and be careful to NOT STEP INTO/ TOUCH the lasers as I do this

Offline Grimfang

  • Ork Boy
  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 136
  • Country: 00
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #469 on: May 15, 2009, 03:55:55 AM »
Pushing the B.R.B. once more the indicator moves to 7,000 and the humming gets louder.

The vent is not removable or tamperable.

Pressing the B.R.B. again, the indicator moves to 8,000.
*click-chack* (a metallic-sliding noise from the entrance door)

Pressing it once more the indicator moves up to 9,000
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:57:07 AM by Grimfang »


     Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

  • Fio'ui Kais
  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2009, 04:29:16 AM »
Oh joy... the Entrance door (the one leading to the Steam Room in case anyone forgot) is now more than likely locked (I'm sure as hell not going to test it!). I trust no one forgot anything in there?

Hm.... It is possible that the door at the far end of the Laser Room has unlocked and we have not heard it (it is a long way over there). I shall cross the Steamy Laser Expanse and try to open the far door (obviously opening and going through the door connecting the Metal Room and Laser Rooms). (Yay for being able to see the lasers now so that neither I nor my shoe will get burned!)

I do not look forward to overloading the Metal Room at all; the chances of the door leading to the Laser Room locking seem far too great in my eyes. I shall do everything else possible before going over 9000; it seems like the safer thing to do.

60659

Offline taupro777

  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 103
  • Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »
Don't forget redkin... We are acting as though we are seperate, even if i pressed the BRB up to 9000, if you don't want to, you didn't. 

I test the floor by spitting on it... check all of the safe to reach doors, and then i try... fatefully and for the greater good, hitting the BRB one more time... ITS OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDD
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Grimfang

  • Ork Boy
  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 136
  • Country: 00
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
Making your way down the hallway once more you find that nothing has changed and that the door is locked (you receive no burns of course)

The floor is still highly electrified, the only door safely acessable is the entrance to Stage VI (as Rudkin correctly deduced the entrance door to Stage VII is locked).

Pressing the B.R.B. The indicator moves slowly to 9,000+ the humming becomes erratic and pulses and becomes deafaning, there are a number of buzzes and then
*Click-Chack-snap-clack*(bolt unlocking noises from the direction of the entrance, Stage VI and Exit doors)

The Room is still loudly humming


     Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

  • Fio'ui Kais
  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »
Well, I'm glad that you pointed out that they were "unlocking noises" otherwise I would be rather concerned that we were trapped inside.

It may be the death of me, but I will continue to assume that unlocked doors are safe (even if they are broken). I will once again go through the door to the Laser Room, safely go across the steamy laser web and try the door at the far end (again!) One of these times it's going to open!

@taupro777: While it is true I could just backtrack and not push the button as you did, I figure it's easier to just go along with everything unless it is a direct cause of someone's death. It's less for everyone (myself included) to keep track of. If I really don't want to do something that was mentioned I'll make a point of it. Still, thanks for the reminder! I was probably going to push the button anyway, since there appeared to be little else to do.

Offline JeepDriver

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 19
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »
I follow Rudkin because it seems smart, and I also step through the door unless there is immediate danger.
-JeepDriver

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 705
  • Country: gb
  • Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #475 on: May 17, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »
Haven't been on this thread for a long time and I am going to run to the unlocked door avoiding all dangers unless there is we can't then I have a nap.
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline premetheus

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 764
  • Country: gb
  • I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #476 on: May 17, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »
one of the settings turns off the boiling water right? has anyone checked to see if there is anything in the pool now it will not kill us?

Offline taupro777

  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 103
  • Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:17 PM »
imma go to the exit door that unlocked (none of the ones weve been into) and test it for electricity... then open it!  spitting on it to test for electricity.
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Grimfang

  • Ork Boy
  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 136
  • Country: 00
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #478 on: May 26, 2009, 11:21:54 PM »
Traversing the floor and opening the door to Stage 6 you can see the steam rise up from the vent slits in the floor, the series of diagonal, and horizontal laser beams now clearly visible. Making you way to the other end of the hall (and reciving no burns) You twist the knob and the door opens revealing a tiny closet like room with only one feature.
There is nothing else of import or interest in or around the room.

Sorry about the delay, I had other obligations. The Next Stage (stage 8 ) will be the final stage and will have a very difficult rule.


     Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

  • Fio'ui Kais
  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1346
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2009, 12:32:09 AM »
Does the lever appear to be metal and/or conductive (admittedly the latter is hard to gauge by just looking)? Also, can I hear anything (like a hum similar to that in the Metal Room) that would indicate the presence of an electrical charge?

@ Anyone: Any ideas on how can we safely pull the lever in case it, too, is electrified? I would be tempted to try stringing my shoes together somehow, weighing them down (again, somehow) and tossing the whole thing over the lever, but we have a lack of rope-like material and a lack of weights.... Still, it may not require a lot of force; the weight of a couple shoes might be enough.... Hm....

@Grimfang: Thank-you for all the time and work you put into this game! It has been really enjoyable.  :)


 


Powered by EzPortal