News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pt Ork List/  (Read 636 times)

Offline solosmf

1000 pt Ork List/
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:26:03 AM »
I'll be playing against Black Templar or Tyrinids. My Orks have never beaten either.

Any and all help is welcome.  I have a large Ork army. It just seems at smaller point games I can't get it right.

1000 Pts - Orks Roster - Ork 1000pts

HQ: Warboss (1#, 95 Pts)
   1 Warboss @ 95 Pts
      Power Klaw; Slugga; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 105 Pts)
   1 Big Mek @ 105 Pts
      Choppa; Shokk Attack Gun; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Mek's Tools

Elite: Tankbustas (5#, 85 Pts)
   5 Tankbustas @ 85 Pts
      Tankhammer (x1); Bomb Squig (x2); Rokkit Launcha; Tankbusta Bombz; Furious Charge; Glory Hogs; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Elite: Lootas (5#, 75 Pts)
   5 Lootas @ 75 Pts
      Defffguns; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Elite: Kommandos (6#, 145 Pts)
   5 Kommandos @ 145 Pts
      Choppa & Slugga; Big Shoota (x2); Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Infiltrate; Mob Rule; Move Through Cover; Waaagh!
      1 Boss Snikrot @ [85] Pts
         Mork's Teeth; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Infiltrate; Mob Rule; Move Through Cover; Waaagh!

Troops: Boyz (10#, 65 Pts)
   10 Boyz @ 65 Pts
      Big Shoota (x1); Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Troops: Boyz (12#, 72 Pts)  these Boyz will be with the Warboss
   12 Boyz @ 72 Pts
      Choppa & Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Troops: Boyz (13#, 98 Pts)
   12 Boyz @ 98 Pts
      Choppa & Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!
      1 Boyz Nob @ [26] Pts
         Choppa; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole

Fast Attack: Da Vulcha Boyz (7#, 157 Pts)
   6 Da Vulcha Boyz @ 157 Pts
      Choppa; Slugga; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Rokkit Pack
      1 Boss Zagstruk @ [85] Pts
         Close Combat Weapon; Da Vulcha's Klaws; Slugga; Stikkbombs; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!; Cybork Body; Rokkit Pack

Heavy Support: Zzap Gun Battery
   1 Zzap Gun Battery @ 99 Pts
      Zzap Gun (x3); Ammo Runt (x3)
      6 Gretchin @
  • Pts

Total Roster Cost: 996

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: 1000 pt Ork List/
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:38:51 AM »
First off, nice army.  But if you're taking on Black Templars/Nids, you are going to want Burna Boyz... lots of them.  Read up on the rules for them and you will see what I mean.  Short story - lots of Burnas toast Tyranids nicely.  Second, Burnas can be used as powerweapons against those high-armoured Black-Templars.

So see if you can't promote some of those Boyz to Burnaboyz.  Some Ork Players also like getting some BurnaBoyz in a Battlewagon or Trukk so that they can get to the fight fast, then jump out and burn everything in sight.

WAAGGHH!
Solorg
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline DropFall

• Bad Moon Big Mek
  • What were all those "do not's" again?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »
Your problem here is your trying to cram too many different units into a very small points list. Most of your unit 'elite' units would get destroyed in a single round of shooting.

Drop the Big Mek with the SAG. Get something else with a more reliable pie plate, aka Battlewagon or Looted Wagon.

Take more Lootas over Tankbustas, and I have no idea why you have 2 HQs + Da Vulcha Skwad.

Kommandos with BS? Huuuhhh?? The only squad except Burnas that can take a burna and you give them Big Shootas? Also 10 should be the minimum unit size, or else gone in a round of shooting.

Fold that 10 Boyz squad into the other two Boyz units or increase all 3 units numbers dramatically.

Zzaps... against Nids and BT.... try Kannons; cheaper, and a reliable higher str.

Offline solosmf

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 06:46:57 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »
Drop the stikkbombs on the Warboss. With the power klaw he can never benefit from them, so they're pretty much the definition of 'waste of points'.

I'd drop the stikkbombs from the Mek as well, he's a support character not one you really want in fights. I'd suggest swapping the SAG for a KFF so he can run with a mob of Boyz and give them some cover.

Which brings me to my next point. Merge those Boyz mobs. 10 or 12 is fine for a Trukk mob, but footsloggers really should be bigger. You can probably afford two twenty man mobs if you make some cuts here and there.

Tankbustas are really fairly useless, I'd second Dropfall in suggesting you swap them out for more Lootas. Glory Hogs will prevent you from doing damn near anything with them. Ever. Period.

Oh, and you don't really need to list each unit's special rules. Everyone giving you advice already has the Codex, we know them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:09:40 PM by Khemri. »

Offline DropFall

• Bad Moon Big Mek
  • What were all those "do not's" again?
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:42:43 AM »
Ah Khemri, Big Meks and Warbosses come with Stikkbombz for free... lol

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:11:22 AM »
Bah, guess I'm just not used to people listing them.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:53:39 AM »
I'm not so sure about the small boyz units...  In my experience, small units get killed really fast...  You need to have enough boyz to die and still remain fearless.  I would combine two of the 12 model units...

As for the vulture boyz, I've never used them but I'd like to see how they do!

Is the big mek going to stay with the tankbustas?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 05:14:20 PM »
Is the big mek going to stay with the tankbustas?

That would be a ridiculously bad idea, because he'd end up affected by Glory Hogs as well. So that SAG would become a big ol' lump of useless. It's better at smashing large amounts of troops anyway, vehicles are not it's primary target.

Meks can often do fairly well just wandering around on their own, in my experience.

Offline Sheep

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 07:59:48 AM »
Yup, you need bigger units of Boyz and more of them.

At that pts level, maybe one elite or fast attack unit, an HQ and then max out on Boyz.

But that's just my opinion, others like the green elite more than my green tide. That is more of an "evolution has gagged up a green, pukeflood on your beach".
Constipated people don't give a amphetamine parrot!

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 08:05:50 AM »
Well Khemri...  I was going to suggest that he not accompany the tankbustas...  But by himself...  I would think he would be evaporated by the first lazcannon you come across...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!