News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork Mob size?  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Gork n Mork

• What are you looking at?
Ork Mob size?
« on: September 7, 2002, 06:53:31 PM »
I used to post on Eldaronline but stopped for a year. I'm back now so greetings to all of you. I have been playing for three years, and have managed to finish my Iron Warriors and Ulthwe Eldar armies. I just recently began collecting Orks and as the subject implies, what is a decent size for a squad of (slugga or shoota) boyz? 16 (like in the box), 20 or even more?

Some other questions too if you guys don't mind answering...

1) Which is better, one dreadnought or 3 killer kans?

2) Is it worth purchasing powerfists for your Nobz or is the price too exorbitant?

3) Does anyone use flash gitz? If you do, how do they perform on the battlefield?

Thanks all, and may Gork n Mork be with you! (Or any of your applicable gods! LOL)
"For miles in every direction around the Gargants, the ash desert was green: a sea of Orks so massive that the mind refused to acknowledge the possibilty. Titus examined his forces once more, his heart in his throat.

'Emperor's mercy.' he whispered to himself. 'I pray I have enough men to face that.' "

"Orkses are never beaten in battle...we can always come back for anuvver go..." Anon

Offline hatboy15

• My bretheren rally to my banner!
Re:Ork Mob size?
« Reply #1 on: September 8, 2002, 12:03:22 AM »
well orks, the bigger the better. as many of those greenys as you can fit in a squad.

1. i'd say the kans
2. depends on what you want your army to do best. if you need tank bustin stuff go for the fists, if not, dont.
3. haven't heard of em. :-\
WinMX, Kazaa, Cable Connection, CD-RW... all the tools needed to break the law. of course i dont use any of 'em, no not at all.

Exacto Knife:$5, Blister Pack:$8, Green Stuff:$10, 13 Band-aids:$1, Totally kick a$$ Asurman conversion: priceless

Offline AceV53

Re:Ork Mob size?
« Reply #2 on: September 8, 2002, 01:56:59 AM »
I usually go for at least 15 and normally 20. That's a good squad size because you know a few will die (darn 6+ save) before they get to close combat and that is gonna mess you up for the Power of the WAAAGH!.

1. 3 Killa Kans are better because there is power in numbers and have a combined 9 Dreadnaught Close Combat Weapon Attacks if they all charge in as apposed to 4 if you charge the Ork Dreadnaught with both Dread CC weapons.
2. I would because it's the only weapon that ignores CC saves and it hits at Strength 8. They may go last but they always do (most of the time) and they have 2 wounds each. Also good for tanks.
3. Haven't used Flash Gitz yet.
4. No question?! Well then I'll just have to give you NO ANSWER! ;D
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko