News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 point Blood Axe city fighters  (Read 594 times)

Offline swingliner

• Rules Lawyer, Devils Advocate, etc.
1000 point Blood Axe city fighters
« on: April 18, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »
I've been a fan of the Blood Axe fluff for a while now, and now that I'm doing a cities of death campaign at my local game store I thought I'd jump on the opportunity to do a themed list.  My plan was that since the blood axes like to follow 'umie organization I'd do some things that 'umies do, like only having one transported squad per platoon.  Anyway, without further ado, here's the list.

Big Mek Kan Kobbla (125)
KFF Big Mek, w/Burna, Heavy Armor, Bosspole, Cybork body

Wiza's Panzaknakas (175)
9 Tankbustas, 1 w/tankhammer, 2 bombsquigs
1 Tankbusta nob w/bosspole

First Waaghtoon (175)
24 Shoota Boys, 2 w/big shootas
1 Nob, w/bosspole

Waaghtoon A (175)
24 Shoota Boys, 2 w/big shootas
1 Nob w/bosspole

Da Arm'ad Klaw (174)
11 Slugga Boys w/stikkbombs
1 Nob w/bosspole, power klaw
1 trukk w/armor plates, reinforced ram

Da Mekanized Boys (174)
11 Slugga Boys w/stikkbombs
1 Nob w/bosspole, power klaw
1 trukk w/armor plates, reinforced ram

The general strategy is to have my two Waaghtoons be my fire base underneath the cover of the force field, holding objectives and whatnot, while the two mechanized squads hang back and then strike where the enemy is weakest. 

The one major weakness I see is my concentration of anti-tank firepower into a single unit.  My hope, though, is that because it's 1000 points there won't be many vehicles on the board, so the one unit would be enough.  Range isn't really an issue, because city fight always has lots of cover available which I can use to move closer and assault with my tankbusta bombs, should they become necessary.

So what do you guys think?  Comments/critiques?

Offline Mr.Vincent

Re: 1000 point Blood Axe city fighters
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »
I'd never go into battle without a Warboss,but that's just me.Cityfight needs flame weapons a plenty,ditch the trukks and get some Burna Boyz.
Need bacon