Well, i think its about time to crack on with a new thread seeing as it seems we are just about set on a date and we will be needing somewhere fresh for banter and general discussion-ment!When/where is it?:
so, the 6th tournament will be held on:Saturday 29th March
as pre-booked thanks to Erriond (though there is a little flexibility in this we might as well go by this date or we might never decide)
Again, a big thanks to the bracknell forest gamers club for allowing us to use their venue. http://www.bfgclub.org.uk/
Address and direction on website What time?:
we are going to be looking for an early start... the earlier we start, the more games we will get!
last time we went for a 9am start... and ended around about 6pm... giving about 2 hours per game with time for lunch, clearing up and all that jazz...
so provisionally:9:00am - 6:00pm.
Dan, Nick let me know what you guys think for this...How much?:
As before the final cost of the day will be determined by splitting the cost of the venue by the players... so the more of you that come the less we will all pay! we are proabbly looking at around £7 (going on last times numbers).What will you need?:
- a 1500pt army (unless we decide otherwise but this seems to be the best option)
- your army list
- measuring tape
- glue (for field repairs)
- objective markers (for missions)
- money for lunch / packed lunch
- a good sense of humour!
we will hopefully (as last time) get 4x 1500pt games in over the day.
the format for these is up for debate in this thread.The armies:
- your armies will need to be 1500pts
- non-codex print armies, such as armoured company or kroot mercenaries are of course allowed! in all cases you MUST bring ALL the relevant rules in order to play with that army
- forge world IS allowed. you may use anything without structure or mass points as part of your army abiding by the forgeworld rules, and of course, you must bring those rules with you. if you wish to use a forge world army list (as opposed to just adding in units) then you may do so
- in all cases, the most up to date rules are to be used. (we need to discuss how the apocalypse rulebook now affects this, the new forge-world apocalypse update will be out by then so it seems to make sense that anything udated in that book will use those rules)
- the forge world flyer rules will be used
- as per apocalypse, Pintle Mounted Weapons will count as AA (anti-aircraft weapons)
- your army does not need to be painted, but additional points will be awarded to those that are
- all armies and units must be "official", no VDR units will be used nor armies without official publications (codeces or otherwise). If you are unsure about your army then ask.
please look through the above, its all subject to change according to our concensus.the prizes:
as before there are
no real prizes up for grabs
some nice banners to display on 40kOnline!
if we want some more then put forward your ideas!!
the winner will be decided throughout the course of the tournament... the scoring of which will be decided too... so put your ideas forward! im keen to try and stop a repeat of last time where we end up with lots of people on equal points... Nearest Hotels
The Grange Hotel
Charles Sq, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1DF, UK 01344 474000
Bagshot Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 0QJ, UK 01344 424 801
Premier Travel Inn
Wokingham Rd, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG42 1NA, UK 0870 197 7036 Whos coming?heres
the living list of peoples status, and the armies they may be bringing too!What I've forgotten: