flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: how many bikes in 1500 pt list?  (Read 276 times)

Offline Lofton

how many bikes in 1500 pt list?
« on: October 20, 2007, 12:38:46 PM »
ok I wanted to take around 6-7 bikes in my 1500 pt list due to mostly CC troops with nugle marks. I figured with twin linked guns and CC weps on bikes itd be good choice plus they could wrap up other squads while troops walked to battle. I planned on one squad with 6-7 and mark of nurgle so they would have extra toughness as well. I have heard debates of only 3 bikes are best for any size army. Anyone care to comment?

Offline Sanctjud, Holder of the Gold Medal in Pedolypics.

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: how many bikes in 1500 pt list?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »
basically it depends on what you are sacraficing to get a squad of 6 bike into the army.

Where are you taking the points away from for the bikers:

Elites:Troops:Heavy's...

Can your army still function to meet most threats with the bikers or with out....

it's better if you have an army list...

Personlly bikers are best melta/flamer delivery platforms....
For melta's you don't need a huge squad and you don't need icon of nurgle..simple and effective...
THe flamer bikers could do with a slightly larger squad with icon of nurgle because they are most likely targeting non-combat troops, so are better-off charging after flaming/boltering their target...and tarpitting them/killing them, for the next turn or 2.

IMO, mark of nurgle on bikers, must be use very carefully....

AVOID, I repeat, AVOID, hidden powerfists with the unit if you choose to use it....
Worse thing for them would be joe Smurf with power weapons killing your bikers with the same rolling as he would killing regular SM's....
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Lofton

Re: how many bikes in 1500 pt list?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 01:15:58 PM »
ok so no nurgle and Ill take 3. They cost a bit ne way 15$ each. Right now i have about 30 CSM 15 in squads with mark of nurgle, 6-10 termies, defiler, lord, 6-10 possesed and then bikes.  This is just rough idea of army. What weapons would be best to take though? main idea for bikes for my army was to get little more firepower since termies will have mark of khorne and lightning claws mostly. I also wanted them to tie up their troops since most of mine wont be in a rhino.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:18:25 PM by Lofton »