News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos aliiance in our Apoc game  (Read 340 times)

Offline cruor sanctimonialis

Chaos aliiance in our Apoc game
« on: October 1, 2007, 09:24:05 AM »
it was good to see my 3500 point army in legaue with the other forcecs of Chaos and my daughters Tyarnid army (yes my army s a genestealer cult, what can I say). The rules for Apoc are fantactic when played, even better when you understand the rules better. Our armies were out numbered by 10,000 points. By the laws of averages, we should have lost. I was proud to say that even the Imperail forces decided to destroy their objective in the last turn rather than take it from us, it was a satisfying victory for Chaos.

7/8 in favor of the Imperial army, yet victory conditions were satisfied by Chaos, largly due to the fact that even though we lost our building though it's complete destruction, the Imperial army didn't take it either. That and the satisfying holding of the line, the Imperails didn't take an inch of our board.

Of course the game was so big I could see how wel my allies were doing, save for victory conditions onthe third table and fantastic advance forward. heh, sorry guys I had to boast

Hail to the dark gods

Offline PaJohnChaos

Re: Chaos aliiance in our Apoc game
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
Tell us more about the scope of the battle, how many tables and the units used and such if you could?

I would love to know personaly
What a beloved day for war. Or pie...Pie wars? mmmmm pie

« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2007, 12:34:20 PM »
all in all I think we caluculatyed 175,000 points in our army alone, taking up three tables. The scope was huge and little chaostic considering none of us knew the new rules all that well. The real threats though lie not in the Bane Blades bu tthe orbital strikes. If you know how to use them you can hold an enemy at bay. It also bought tremendous use to my daughters "without number" rule with her Termaguants. She was able to keep 100 Marines at bay with a unit of 28 Termaguants. That of coause ie more dwn to her skill with the dice than with the game itself. The sad reality for my ary at least becasue we hel d up so well was a lot of my army stayed in reserve just in case they broke through my lines. Also you reall have to watch out for a Baneblade exploding. Catalylsmic explosion can be nasty. All in all we were looking at 9 whole meteres of game table and a lot of Chaos and shout from both sides.

Lovely game, really really exciting

Offline PaJohnChaos

« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »
ive yet to read the book but 175k points worth of army...how on the earth did you manage that? do units cost/count for more in armegedon or what?
What a beloved day for war. Or pie...Pie wars? mmmmm pie

« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2007, 01:44:13 PM »
Sorry I meant 75k

Oh yes they do. You have to understand that Apoc takes the limits of an armies size well out of the equation. In games liek thes you can truly have multiple players (it's advisable) adding to the armies on the field. Also bear in mind that fr every unit lost you replace them on the board the next turn. also bear in mine we had at least 8 players onthe Chaos side. My army alone was 3,500 points, My daughters 15,000 and we awer just bringin one army each. Comibine that with chaos, Tyranid, Orc and a Necron army, the bane blade and other larger models and you get an idea of how big these games can really be