flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Just like Sister Rei said...  (Read 4044 times)

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
Just like Sister Rei said...
« on: June 7, 2007, 06:18:49 PM »
As I sat in my room listening to some Velvet Underground, having flicked through the Witch Hunters codex earlier that day and having finished watching Evangelion slightly later, a strange synthesis of ideas came about.

Rei in some manner of plugsuit-power armour, with AT field (rosarius), bolt-pistol (for shooting sailors with...), blue hair, red eyes. She'd be the centrepiece of the SoB army I'll start up during the summer with the 500 quid I'm earning in the next 3 weeks. Might someone suggest a good model for the basis of the conversion, and help with wargear choices for it?

And the above three things are now officially my passion for the next 6 months!

I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Raven

Re: Just like Sister Rei said...
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »
Remember that we're not all anime watchers (I presume its what the character is from, based on my limited knowledge)

Some images of what you had in mind would help. Many of us could probably find you some good pieces once we know what you're talking about :)

Offline Dreades

• Imperial guard for teh win...OMG!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 8, 2007, 01:54:18 AM »
that will be awesome
as a fan of the show the thought of using the show as an army theme has crossed my mind a few times should be awsome
cant think of how to do the body short of full rebuild
The imperial guard is comprised of real men... they go to war in nothing but a paper vest (well it may as well be)
unliek those space marines and their fancy pancy adamantium armour....panzies!

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
I'm a huge fan of the show, myself.  I am not sure what model you should use, but since Rei is slight of build, I'd be tempted to go for a non-40K model in order to find a suitable-looking model.

It won't be easy.  I had a character with boy-cropped hair (short hair) in one of my D&D games and there are few models out there that fit the bill.  You may need to be creative!  I used a Star Wars Padawan (female) and clipped off the ponytail with my modeling clippers, then bent her lightsabre into the (Silver) Sickle that she wields.

Don't give up, though!  You must find the perfect Rei!  Consider everything and be ready to do some conversion if you must.

Whether you give her weapons or not is up to you.  If you could constuct a model Eva, you could use it as a Dreadnaught.

A banner with Rei's Poem on it should be the standard for your army.  Make a flag with, perhaps, Rei's eye on it and this poem:

"Blood. The smell of blood. A woman that does not bleed. Made from the red soil are humans.  Who is this? This is me. Who am I? What am I? What am I? What am I? What am I?"

Find the full poem here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rei_Ayanami
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Wenemun

• Yes, im longwinded.
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »
Thought id be a bit of help:

What army are you considering her for?
I would suggest the sevora/severina models for Inquisitor if you are attempting a chaos rei, as i have thought of.
Might i suggest that the lance of longinus be a daemon weapon.

Offline Granite Slam

• Fio'el Tautica - I See Stupid People...So Many Stupid People...
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Coolest. Dude. Ever.
« Reply #5 on: June 8, 2007, 12:05:44 PM »

erm......

She'd be the centrepiece of the SoB army I'll start up during the summer with the 500 quid I'm earning in the next 3 weeks.

-S
I reserve the right to end any discussion with a big stick.

Quote from: Rummy
Dark Eldar - better than everyone be-atch! The only reason the Dark Eldar haven't toppled the Imperium is that Terra doesn't have valet parking.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #6 on: June 8, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »
@ Wenewum: *Cough*Thanks for the pictures, very...comprehensiv e....

I would suggest the sevora/severina models for Inquisitor if you are attempting a chaos rei, as i have thought of.
Might i suggest that the lance of longinus be a daemon weapon.
I know the models you're talking about, and eventually I'll get round to making an Inquisitor party. Got plenty of ideas for one, at least.

If you could constuct a model Eva, you could use it as a Dreadnaught.
Even better, a penitent engine!

I might build an entire list around the ideas of the show, Inquisitor Coteaz as Gendo Ikari, doing his 'just as planned' thing, perhaps Shinji as a Necromunda juve, as some sniveling acoylte in the Commander's renitue, there to take a bullet or be force to pillot another machine. The other characters will find their place, especially with the inclusion of inducted Imperial Guard.

What will I call the order? The New Beginnings of His Message? Aligned to that branch of the Inquisition, who want to rip it to shreds, and evolve humanity in the process?

EDIT: Inquisitor Ikari is somehwere between a Xanthitite, a Recongregator and an Isvaanian, with a bit of Thorianism. And some Monodominism*cough*. Chaos 'Angels'?
Rei is a Penitent, who would do anything for the Inquisitor, including throw up an AT field to protect him.

Misato as the Priest necessary for the upkeep of the Evas and in commmand of their deployment.Shinji as an sniveling acolyte, forced to take a bullet or pilot a potentially bezerk Eva. Asuka as a tsundere warrior (cranky), with the shield thing for AT field.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2007, 04:25:39 PM by No Love Lost »
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Greenstuff

• Banned - Useless Petty Spammer
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: June 8, 2007, 06:55:33 PM »
Uh, i'm pretty sure any EVA would be easily knight sized in 40k, more likely a Warhound, so I think a Penitent or Dread is right out of the picture.

I'll second the use of the Death cult assasins, just smooth out the body-suits and fill in the tears so that you have a mostly smooth surface, then just sculpt on the surface detail.
User Banned - break the rules and get chucked out.

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2007, 03:26:57 AM »
Awesome Idea, a Rei as a center piece in a SOB would be really unique. How are you going to make her head though? Sculpt it or use a head from an existing model. One option that might work would be buying one of those female imperial guard heads sold by Dr. Thunder.

By the way what ever happened to the Lucy sanctioned psyker you were converting for your IG? You started off so well, but never posted  anything after that. Any chance of you posting the pictures of that? 
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Wenemun

• Yes, im longwinded.
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »

erm......

She'd be the centrepiece of the SoB army I'll start up during the summer with the 500 quid I'm earning in the next 3 weeks.

-S
LOL  :-[ guess i shouldnt post when my mental faculties are not complete.

Offline Slowking

« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2007, 08:39:36 AM »
As I sat in my room listening to some Pokemon Music, having flicked through the Pokedex earlier that day and having finished watching Pokemon the Movie 2000 slightly later, a strange synthesis of ideas came about.

Blastoise in some manner of tank armour, with shell (rosarius),twin linked water cannons (for shooting charizards with...), blue skin, red eyes. He'd be the centrepiece of the Iron Warriors army I'll start up during the summer with the 500 quid I'm earning in the next 3 weeks. Might someone suggest a good model for the basis of the conversion, and help with wargear choices for it?

I'll give you the same answer you got where you posted this in that other place  ;)

BTW: Go for it.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #11 on: June 9, 2007, 09:58:31 AM »
As I sat in my room listening to some Pokemon Music, having flicked through the Pokedex earlier that day and having finished watching Pokemon the Movie 2000 slightly later, a strange synthesis of ideas came about.

Blastoise in some manner of tank armour, with shell (rosarius),twin linked water cannons (for shooting charizards with...), blue skin, red eyes. He'd be the centrepiece of the Iron Warriors army I'll start up during the summer with the 500 quid I'm earning in the next 3 weeks. Might someone suggest a good model for the basis of the conversion, and help with wargear choices for it?

I'll give you the same answer you got where you posted this in that other place  ;)

gb2 /tg/. Epic thread derailment though.

By the way what ever happened to the Lucy sanctioned psyker you were converting for your IG? You started off so well, but never posted  anything after that. Any chance of you posting the pictures of that?
It'll be posted up in the next few days, and it's now with added Nana!

I'll second the use of the Death cult assassins, just smooth out the body-suits and fill in the tears so that you have a mostly smooth surface, then just sculpt on the surface detail.
Can they be headswapped? There's some female Arbites with a suitable head for this, and the lance won't be too difficult to make from wire and plasticard. But anyway, back to 28mm scale. The deathcult assassins are another possibility, though it would take some conversion to get them right. A canoness or Sepharim leader for the basis of the model?
Lol.

Offline Slowking

« Reply #12 on: June 9, 2007, 10:53:24 AM »

gb2 /tg/. Epic thread derailment though.

Just as planned  ;)

I'd actually like to see pics when you're done. This sounds like an enterprising project.