News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kill team.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
Kill team.
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »
160-Troupe (5)-Power Weapon-Troupe Leader-Powerblades-Plasma Grenades

I wanted a troupe leader so that i could have an actual leader, rules wise.  They should be able to wipe any meq brute squad by itself pretty easily, and should give trouble to multiple squads, or a brute boss, but either way i just wanted to make a fun kill team squad, and harlequins would be the ones to choose for that, to me.  Not much to say about it, though i would like to see the harlequin kill-team squads you guys use.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Farceseer Syranaul

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
  • Armies: The Buanneth Fhirin
Re: Kill team.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 12:58:55 PM »
I've only used kill teams in a campaign setting that utilized a large map of a planet.  We where allowed to change the kill team between battles.  Against any one but Necrons I used six Harlequins with two harlequin kisses.  The massive number of attacks normally assures that any normal sized brute squad is wiped out.  The problem with Necrons is that they bloody stand back up.  In that case I use something similar to what you have.  Five Harlequin troupe with two power weapons.  Add in a troupe leader with a power weapon, and that gives you twelve power weapon attacks on the charge.  It works out pretty well.

I normally wait a turn or so hiding behind terrain to see what weak spots my opponent gives me.  The ability to ignore difficult terrain is sweet.  Move six inches through the woods then fleet of foot followed by a charge.  Plus after the attack a massacre consolidation move.  Always, and I mean ALWAYS keep the objective in mind.  If terrain allows, do some terrain jumping.  Use terrain while you can.  Your opponent sets up terrain as they wish.  My opponents decided to pull a Russian tactic from the last world war.  They began to burn everything around their bases so they could have a completely open table.  When my kill teams came in.  I promptly switched to warp spiders then.  Eldar kill teams are the best.
"Simple Changes, and Small Additions"
"It is easier to add something than to remove something."

Quote from: Starrakatt, LolDeer of Doom
So, maybe I'm being dense here