So my friend and I got bored with our regular play, which was mostly just testing tournament lists. We decided to mix things up a bit and so our next game will follow the so called "Highlander" restrictions on list composition.
The rules are as follows:
- No unit may be duplicated, not even transports. So only one unit from a given army list entry. Units that come in multiples from the same slot (ie. Sanguinary Priests) are one per army. (Royal Court as a single unit may contain multiple Crypteks, if they split up I could only have one. Same goes for other similar units.)
- No allies.
- Non-vehicle units from Elites are scoring.
With these limitations in place, this is what I came up with for my Necrons:HQ
- Sempiternal Weave & Warscythe
- 5 x Harbinger of DestructionELITES
- Transport: Night Scythe
- Heat RayTROOPS
- Tesla Carbine
- Transport: Ghost ArkFAST ATTACK
- 1 x Whip Coils
5 Tomb Blades
- Particle BeamersHEAVY SUPPORT
- Tesla CannonTotal: 1500pts
So my plan is to put the Royal Court in the Ghost Ark and blast away with them, while the Warriors walk nearby. Overlord goes at the front of the Warrior squad, tanking AP3+ hits and handing those he can't handle to the Warriors, who are in turn kept alive by the Ghost Ark. Wraiths provide some help if someone gets too close for comfort, or try and get into CC with some weak targets. Although I am wondering if they are any use if the squad is that small?
There's a couple of units that are new to me (Tomb Blades & Triarch Stalker) and some I have not yet used in this edition of the codex (Wraiths) [Yay to Christmas sales! ;D ]. Any thoughts and ideas on improvement or tips & tricks with any units are much appreciated :)