BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE
Please be sure to select the "collect in store" option as no paper tickets will be posted. If you are accidentally charged postage then this will be refunded to you.
We had another great show last time, even despite some last minute relocation requirements... but in the end it worked out for the better!
As it is still early days and we are still in the process of putting everything together that information posted here is subject to change. Use this thread to register your interest and keep up to date with the planning.
When/where is it?:
so, the 11th tournament will be held on;SUNDAY 19th AUGUST
The event will take place at Triple Helix Wargames
which has space for 40
gamers! (Potential to expand should there be demand)
Unit 3 Commerce Business Centre
West Wilts Trading Estate
Wiltshire BA13 4LSHow to get there by car
Triple Helix is just a 5 minute drive from the A350 between Trowbridge and Westbury and only a 35 minute drive from Junction 17 of the M4.
To reach them by car coming from the North come off the M4 at junction 17 and head south on the A350 towards Chippenham. Follow the A350, signposted to Poole all the way until you pass a set of traffic lights in the village of West Ashton.
Follow the A350 down the hill towards Hawkeridge and Westbury. At the mini roundabout with the petrol station on go straight over. Go under the railway bridge and at the roundabout take the first exit. Follow this road for approx 1 mile. Turn right into the West Wilts Trading Estate. Take the first left into Commerce Close and immediately right into the car parking area. Triple Helix is the third building on the right hand side. How to get there by train/bus
Westbury is a mainline station on the London Paddington to Exeter route, stopping at Reading, Newbury and Taunton. It is also on the mainline between Cardiff and Portsmouth stopping at Southampton, Salisbury and Bath.
Triple Helix is an 1 hour, 20 minute train journey from London and only 20 minutes from Bath. If you are coming at the weekend and may need to wait a while for a bus (we can arrange to pick people up from the station if needed)!
By bus the 264/265 which will drop you a 1 minute walk from the front door. This runs between Bath and Warminster hourly during the week and every 2 hours on the weekend. The bus also runs direct from Westbury train station.Age Policy
As per THW policy, anyone between 12-16 needs to have completed a Parent form with signature in order to come unaccompanied. Contact us to get hold of one of these forms. Anyone under 12 must to be accompanied by a parent / guardian over 25.
We are going to be looking for an early start... the earlier we start, the better! Don't worry, you will be able to grab hold of some coffee from the canteen there, and if travelling far then you can also consider overnight arrangements.8:30 - 6:30pm.
The long day means that we can avoid having to rush any games and can take some of the stress out of the day!
Tickets will be bought through Triple Helix Wargames and a link will be provided once tickets go on sale.
TICKET PRICE £12.50
per entry ticket.
PAYMENT: Any tickets not sold will be available to buy on the day, but will operate on a first come first serve basis. Triple Helix Wargames will be able to take payments for us online. More details will follow.
REFUNDS: Policy TBC
What will you need?:
- a full 1750pt army
- your army list
- your rulebook, codex and FAQ for your army
- Any additional Imperial Armour Publication detailing Forge World units in your army.
- dice & templates
- measuring tape
- glue (for field repairs)
- objective markers (for missions)
- money for lunch / packed lunch
- a good sense of humour!
- pen and paper (to keep track of points etc)
- a camera, to document the carnage (optional!)
The tournament will be over 4 games.
The format for these will be confirmed in a tournament pack which will follow. This pack will also detail all the games and rules etc.
- your armies will need to be 1750pts
- non-codex print armies, such as armoured company / kroot mercenaries ARE ALLOWED! in all cases you MUST bring ALL the relevant rules in order to play with that army. HOWEVER, if you will be playing a non-codex print army, you must submit your final army list to us so we can check it and you will be given very clear instructions on what will be expected of you.
- Forge World IS allowed. you may use anything without structure or mass points as part of your army abiding by the forge world rules, and of course, you must bring those rules with you. if you wish to use a forge world army list (as opposed to just adding in units) then you may do so
- in all cases, the most up to date rules are to be used. This includes the Forge World Imperial Armour Apocalypse books.
- the forge world flyer rules will be used (not those from Apocalypse).
- the only exception is that, as per Apocalypse, Pintle Mounted Weapons will count as AA (anti-aircraft weapons) - this is to give some armies a fighting chance against flyers.
- your army does not need to be painted, but additional points will be awarded to those that are
- all armies and units must be "official", no VDR units will be used nor armies without official publications (codeces or otherwise). If you are unsure about your army then ask here first!
please look through the above, its all subject to change according to our concensus.
We will be using the 5th Edition 40k rules at this tournament.We will be using the full 6th Edition 40k rules at this tournament.
Note that a new 40K rule set may (or may not) be released between now and the tournament... If this happens then we can decide as a community which edition to use.
This year, we hope to have ACTUAL prizes for, but not limited to, the top generals!
The overall winner will be determined throughout the course of the tournament... the scoring of which will be decided via an overly complicated and gizmotronic spread sheet developed by the devil himself.
As mentioned, because of the early start some of you may want to consider overnight accomodation for the day before. The following are recommended on the Triple Helix Wargames website;The Garden HotelCedar HotelLopes Arms Hotel
And a number of B&Bs recommended by Triple Helix:The Old PotteryRedwood Lodge Crossways Guest HouseAngel Cottage
At the moment we are taking names for the interest list. As soon as tickets become open for sale we will first offer them to those on that list. Tickets will become available in the near future once we can confirm all details. Stay tuned
What I've forgotten:
AS OF 30/06/2012 WE HAVE SOLD 35 of 40 TICKETS
If you were on the interest list (I have a copy saved) then don't forget to buy your ticket using the link above. I will update with the full list of attendees once I get a reply from them confiring their (screen) names.
7- Killing Time
10- (premetheus +1)
14- "greg" (Denny +1)
< CONTACT USER IF YOU WANT TO BUY TICKET
17- (Graeme) << Is this you again Cpt Lucifer? You do know you have 3 tickets now right!?
< CONTACT USER IF YOU WANT TO BUY TICKET
23- Ginzu +1 (Sneezy)
24- Ginzu +2 (Sleepy)
25- Ginzu +3 (Dopey)
26- Ginzu +4 (Doc)
27- Ginzu +5 (Happy)
28- Ginzu +6 (Bashful)
29- Ginzu +7 (Grumpy)
31- Unleash Mayhem
32- Unleash Mayhem +1
36- Gary +1