Come to the Second Annual Bugeater GT June 1st-3rd in Omaha, NERegistration is now available!http://gt.bugeatergames.com
Direct link to ticket purchases: http://gt.bugeatergames.com/?page_id=93
We can officially announce the 2nd ever Bugeater GT. This year it will be held on June 1st-3rd at Millard West High School in Omaha, NE. The Grand Tournament is not only an awesome weekend of gaming, but it is also a fundraiser for the debate team that I help coach. Last year's Bugeater raised over $3,000 for the program ... yet we still managed to give away thousands of dollars in prizes!
Here are some basics and reasons why you need to come:
1. We will use the NOVA style missions and format again, and both champions will be invited to the NOVA Invitational.
2. Our cost is low at $52. That's for three days of gaming, and a swag bag, access to the Golden Gobbo painting competition (our version of the Golden Daemon), and a chance at over a dozen prizes for fantasy and 40k each. This is possible because we get access to the facilities for free in exchange for donating money to the debate program.
3. We will again have thousands of dollars to give away in swag bags, raffles between the rounds, and prizes for award winners. Although we've set aside $1300 for award winners, more than double that will be given away in swag bags and raffles between rounds. Many people will more than make up their ticket cost in stuff they take home!
4. All 40k players will get 6 rounds, and fantasy players will get 5 rounds. The points for 40k is 1850, the points for fantasy is 2500.
5. We have spots for 64 40k players and 48 fantasy players, but that is only our initial billing. We have the room and materials to expand our slots as necessary. Based on feedback from last year, we anticipate filling these spots, since we had 80 competitors last year, having over 100 total is nearly a certainty.
6. We now have a year under our belt, and if you're looking for some diverse competition this is your GT. We are the only GT in a 400 mile radius, and last year we had people come in from 11 different states from Wyoming to Texas to Louisiana in addition to the states in our region. We're a 2 hour drive from Des Moines, 3 hours from KC, and only 6 from the Twin Cities.
7. We have awesome concessions at the tournament. The debate kids and staff run the concessions, and in addition to lunch you can get at the tournament site, they will come around to your game tables and take orders for pop, candy, chips, etc. while you're playing. That's service!
The primer packet will be out soon for you to look at, and when they are up we'll post the links here.If you've never heard of the Bugeater GT...
I think we ran a pretty good event last year, but I'll let the people who came last year tell it to you. Here are some reviews to look over:Hulksmash's reviewXaereth's reviewInquistor Dunn's archived review posts