40K Online

Community => Tavern Games => Topic started by: Grimfang on March 18, 2009, 02:02:29 AM

Title: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 18, 2009, 02:02:29 AM
Hey Im testing out an idea for an Escape game, its pretty much a text based game although I will try my best to provide pictures of the rooms.

The rules are simple
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JamesBot 9000 on March 18, 2009, 08:44:08 PM
Take three steps forward.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 18, 2009, 09:04:48 PM
Although still a bit disorientated, you take 3 steps forward, partially stumbling.
You are now approximately in the middle of the room, with what appears to be a hatch directly above you.

For everyone who posts here in the future I give you some help.
Basic commands are just like text based commands
Examples:
"Inspect Object/ Inspect object Closely/ Look at object"
"Pickup object/carry object/move object"
"(interact)Object(in certain fashion)"[i.e. "Pull the lever towards self"]
Its easier to write if you think of what you want to do and say it as if you were saying it to someone else.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 19, 2009, 01:12:47 AM
"Mmm, whatsyagoinghere?" Shakes head, back to the back wall and peep into a hole, feeling with finger(s) if there's something in...

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 19, 2009, 01:24:14 AM
You walk to the wall and peer into the small hole but can see nothing more than a few inches inside what appears to be a tube. Reaching inside you find the inside of the tube is cold and a little oily.


Good Ideas so far, keep them coming.
Trivia: The first playtester never made it out of this room  :P [its not that hard]
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Sanctjud, Holder of the Gold Medal in Pedolypics. on March 19, 2009, 01:33:13 AM
An Voice *cough*s and says: "Mmmm, that feels good."

You take your hand back, wipe your hand on your shirt and move towards the door instead, not wanting to repeat what just happened in the small holes...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 19, 2009, 02:04:38 AM
Stepping away from the wall, you wipe what seems to be machine oil off onto your jumpsuit, and walk towards the door.

Upon closer inspection you find that it is made of a heavy meatal and that their are neither hinges nor a handle, only a number of rivets.

Trivia: Players often get into the habit of assuming they know evertything there is in a room.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Tyranid_Wannabe on March 19, 2009, 03:41:52 AM
Inspect the roof
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 19, 2009, 04:53:08 AM
 Turning away from the door, you look upwards to the ceiling of the room. The ceiling is stark white and looks to be made of the same material as the walls, a kind of pure stone, like marble.

In the center of the ceiling is a hatch, upon closer inspection, it appears that the hatch will require both hands to open, and the hatch is too high for you to reach with your hands, or by jumping.

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 19, 2009, 11:14:06 AM
"Mmmm..." Turns back to the door and examine the triangle by the door - What is it?

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 19, 2009, 07:04:01 PM
Looking over to the door you see that next to it is a sign and above it the words STAGE 1
here is what the sign looks like.
(http://www.labelident.com/images/static_content/w57.gif)


Updated pic of room to be more clear, including sign.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 19, 2009, 08:09:36 PM
(The Red Room, eh? This should be interesting.)
======================

I turn around to look at the wall behind me. Anything interesting? (Just because the GM said there's words there, doesn't mean there ain't nothing else.)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 19, 2009, 09:38:57 PM
The wall bears the words "Welcome to Stage 1"
Other than that the wall is blank and there is nothing of interest.

I'll tell you right now, the color of the words is NOT pertinent information

Excellent train of thought Talon Raven, remember that players.....
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 19, 2009, 11:48:59 PM
Is the jumpsuit the only thing I'm wearing? Inspect all clothes I wear (including eventual pockets, seems, ect) and myself closely, VERY closely...

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 20, 2009, 02:53:28 AM
The jumpsuit is the only thing you are wearing, and after thurogh investigation you find that it has two pants pockets.
Contained in one of the pockets is a key-like object.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/key.jpg)
In the other is a coin like object.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/coin.jpg)
Other than that there is nothing of interest.

Smart move Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on March 20, 2009, 03:05:13 AM
Is that a key lock I see near the door, go and inspect it closely.

 Also I think that that coin shape thing has something to do with the holes in the wall but I don't know yet. wait this isn't a request but do those walls hold spikes which come out and kill us like a spike wall. maybe if you put the key in the lock the spike wall comes out.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 20, 2009, 04:15:24 PM
Walking past the door to its right side you find a keyhole that appears to fit the key.

We'll find out wont we?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 20, 2009, 07:30:12 PM
I pace the room trying to work out the measurements
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 21, 2009, 04:41:04 AM
Looking once more at the hatch you can clearly see there is no lock, but that the hatch will require both hands to open, and it is too high for you to reach with your hands, or by jumping.

The room is square approximately 15 feet by 15 feet.

Note: the picture serves as a visual aid, and all measurements are not to scale but you knew that already you clever devils didnt you?

Note: I will Never intentionaly misslead a player/players, I will Never lie to a player/players or any such thing that will trick them into a loosing move or cause them to be incapeable of escaping.
Its just not in the spirit of the game...
However, other players may or may not intentionaly/unintentionaly say things that are missleading or deceptive....take every thing with a grain of salt as the saying goes
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on March 21, 2009, 04:57:13 AM
Does the coin fit one of the holes or if it doesn't it must be used later on
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 21, 2009, 05:12:41 AM
The coin is small about the size of an american half-dollar, the holes are 3 inches in diameter, the coin is to small to "plug" a hole.

Some questions cannot be answered
Example: "if i pull this lever will something bad happen?"
the question cannot be answred reguardless of the importance of the "lever"
Note: Previous posts mention "Rooms" as in multiple.
Note: Things will get progressively harder.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on March 21, 2009, 05:23:51 AM
I was assuming that if it didn't fit then we would need it later on.

I'm tempted to put the key in lock but that seems too simple, is the floor the same material as the roof
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 21, 2009, 05:36:06 AM
All 6 surfaces are made of a pure white form of a marble-like stone, that is unbreakable.

Note: for those inquisitive types, the walls generate light somehow, so you can see.
Lighting is Not pertinent to your escape.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 21, 2009, 07:34:01 AM
I've already a good feeling about how to escape from this room, but I'm going to wait for everyone to be done with their investigations.  ;)

If everyone is fine, I'll ask for the key to be inserted into the lock, then stand under the hatch.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 21, 2009, 10:54:54 AM
I will stand one side of Talon. Wondering is the hatch breakable
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 21, 2009, 04:31:33 PM
The hatch is not breakable.

Inserting the key it to the lock and moving beaneath the hatch, you stand there for a moment. Nothing happens.
The key remains in the lock, unturned.

Notice to players: Be Very specific about your actions, they could mean life or death.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: FifthWindDieGermanator on March 21, 2009, 04:37:32 PM
I walk up and turn the key to the right for Talon.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on March 21, 2009, 05:19:06 PM
Is that a key lock I see near the door, go and inspect it closely.

 Also I think that that coin shape thing has something to do with the holes in the wall but I don't know yet. wait this isn't a request but do those walls hold spikes which come out and kill us like a spike wall. maybe if you put the key in the lock the spike wall comes out.

or yet again we could drown to death, now we wait.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 21, 2009, 07:01:56 PM
I stepp once away from talon wondering what are the holes in the coins shaped like.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 21, 2009, 08:43:21 PM
As you turn the key to the right, a low grinding noise is heard, and unbreakable metal spikes begin to protrude from the walls at around 1 mile per hour.
In 3 posts they will impale you and you will die.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 21, 2009, 10:22:55 PM
turn the key back to the left
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on March 22, 2009, 03:31:25 AM
climb up the spikes and open for the hatch
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 22, 2009, 03:44:25 AM
Turning the key back to the left, there is another grinding sound, and the Spikes retract back into the wall slowly.

Assuming that you haven't retracted the spikes (by turning the key back) You are able to gain purchase on the spikes climb them and "ride" them to the center of the room where you are able to open the hatch with your free hands and pull yourself through before being impaled horribly in a nasty pointy death."Stage 1 Complete"

Forshadowing: sometimes doing the opposite (turn key the "other way") Doesnt work ^_^
Thanks for Playtesting stage 1! and well done blinky jungle, you get bragging rights for being the first poster to post the soulution and the Honorable mention goes to Talon Raven who probably had the solution before blinky or perhaps a simular one.

If there is still interest in continuing this game Please let me know, I was going to just playtest stage one but if you want stage tow just let me know by posting here.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on March 22, 2009, 04:01:40 AM
Yes we want stage two, I think Starky should get some applause without him we would have got stuck long ago.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 22, 2009, 08:15:59 AM
Well, I was expecting water to come in, so that we could float to the top and then open the hatch out. But the spikes work too.  ;)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 22, 2009, 10:50:04 AM

Ok so officialy
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/firstout.jpg)First Out Award round 1: Blinky Jungle
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/honosable.jpg)Honorable Mention Award round 1: Talon Raven (for being closest to the actual solution).
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/thinker.jpg)Good Idea Award round 1: Starky

Stage 2 posted below.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 22, 2009, 12:51:29 PM
We are waiting... :)

Good game btw Grimfang, makes cahnge of teh silly ones we usually have in the Tavern, keep up the good work!

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 22, 2009, 04:03:46 PM
well done I was going to boost talon up.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 22, 2009, 05:20:14 PM
Starky, I have seen the taverns wit, but not its intellect :p

42, while that would work in a room with multiple subjects you must play the game as if each poster is individualy trapped within a room. I suppose I havent made that clear enough, and the rules will be updated as such

You players have a big advantage however in that all actions are community knowledge,and that any mistakes are only consequential to those that made them.

One day I might have a group escape game.


STAGE II

Pulling yourself through the hatch you find yourself in the center of a wide rectangular room, the walls and floor are made of the same marble-like substance. The celing is a much darker grey color, across the room is a door.(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/sceenshot6.jpg)


the rest is up to investigation
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 22, 2009, 06:09:45 PM
examine the sign closely
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 22, 2009, 06:16:02 PM
 I go to examine the walls closely.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 22, 2009, 06:17:06 PM
Examine the coin slot closely.  (The thing on the left wall).

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 22, 2009, 06:18:58 PM
...And also examining the door's the lock too, is it fitting the coin size?

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 22, 2009, 06:28:40 PM
Here is what the sign looks like.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/sign.jpg)

You examine the walls, finding them much like the first room. They are not perceivably different.

The slot in the wall on the left is small and is only the size of your index finger.

The door has a handle, with no visible lock.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 22, 2009, 06:30:17 PM
I examine the faint marks on the right wall..
(looks like the outline of a hatch or something)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 22, 2009, 06:30:37 PM
Note that this will be a ceiling-crushing-me-to-death room.  Examine coin for size relationship to slot.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 22, 2009, 07:01:28 PM
I also wonder exactly what is the metallic grey section, and what seems to be an airduct at the top? Examine.

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 22, 2009, 08:00:38 PM
There is an indent in the right wall, about 2 feet square and 1/2 inch deep.

The slot will fit your index finger and therefore the coin.

Examaning the left wall, you find a gear-track running verticaly, at the joint between the celing and wall there is a white box that fits to the gear-track.


Trivia: This is not the only test facility/labratory of its kind.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 22, 2009, 08:09:53 PM
Anything on the fourth wall? (heh)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 22, 2009, 08:12:27 PM
Alright... Examining the door, how is made the handle exactly? Oh, and while at it: The ceiling is some kind of grey - is it water that we see through a transparent material, or some kind of sand?

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 22, 2009, 08:25:25 PM
I walk to the door and "wiggle" the handle to see if it is locked.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 22, 2009, 09:22:09 PM
I try to get some thread from my outfit to tie around the coin through the hole in the middle.  Finally, how large is the coin in relation to my finger?

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 22, 2009, 10:43:44 PM
I examine the gear train how much is exposed.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 23, 2009, 04:02:32 AM
There is nothing behind you(from picture prospective) on the fourth wall.

The door is metal like stage 1 but there is a handle and it is a classic orb shape, a rusty brown color and is also made of metal. (unless otherwise stated, pretty much all doors will be made of unbreakable metal).....I cant convey texture very well with MS Paint, but the celing is made of a very dark form of the wall "marble". It is not a container.

Walking to the door and "wiggling" the handle, you feel the doorknob jiggle and feel a springs resistance and a little give, indicating that the door is likely unlocked.

You find that you cannot tear your outfit to obtain such a thread. [Worry not:if your worried about loosing the coin in the slot you will be able to reach into the slot with your finger and slide the coin back out, Im not a total bastard]

You examine the gear train/track and find that there is no way for you to tamper(as in fiddle with) the gearbox or the track it runs.


There is motion and noise coming from Stage 1, looking down the hatch you see the spikes have completely closed and sealed the room.
 
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 23, 2009, 04:12:11 AM
Hmm, the spikes have sealed the room? How much space is there between the top layer of spikes and the hatch door?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 23, 2009, 05:43:16 AM
Not enough room. The spikes form a nearly solid surface just beneath the frame of the hatch.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 23, 2009, 07:26:35 AM
I kneel down next to the hole back to Stage 1.
I just test and wiggle some of the top spikes (if this is at all possible) to see if there are any that are loose (enough to pull into Stage 2).

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 23, 2009, 09:26:56 AM
Okay, backing from the door, I take a look on the recess at the base of the right wall - Is there a visible joint around the recess, like if it was a panel? What if I try to push/slide the thing?

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 23, 2009, 01:57:15 PM
I insert my coin into the slot
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 23, 2009, 03:09:37 PM
I examine the hatch to see if there is anything on it from this side, or that I missed in the first room.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on March 23, 2009, 03:20:36 PM
I examine the object/panel on the floor in the center of the room.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 23, 2009, 05:33:27 PM
I test the hatch strength
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 23, 2009, 11:55:48 PM
1. The spikes are not loose
2. The panel doesn't move when you push on it.
3. The coin enters the slot........ and nothing happens, if you look into the slot you can see it sitting inside.
4. There is nothing more to the hatch than previously described.
5. That is the hatch that everyone is referring to it is the entrance to room 2 from room 1.
6. The hatch will hold your weight if closed and stood on. You cannot remove the hatch doors.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 24, 2009, 12:22:57 AM
Mmmm, go to the door, make sure the floor hatch is well open then turns the door's handle (rotate to the left) to see what happens.

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 24, 2009, 01:06:51 AM
As you rotate the doors handle there is a clicking noise and the unlocked door suddenly locks. A low rumbling is heard, and then a mechanical hiss. On the left wall the gear box begins moving down the track and along with it the celing slab.

In 7 posts it will reach the floor, closing the room forever.

There is noise and movement from stage 1, in 2 posts the spikes will have retracted back into the walls.



I use posts as a means of creating a time limit, in a game where posters come and go at all times. Just remember to use your "post time" well. And im also pretty lenient on what is and is not a contirbuting post, so you dont have to worry about someone post spamming and wasting your "time"
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 24, 2009, 01:14:46 AM
Run over to the wall and remove the coin from the slot.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 24, 2009, 02:00:20 AM
From the picture of the second room, I can see the door of the first room. That means...

I run to the hatch and observe the door of the first room as the spikes slowly retract. Is it opening?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 24, 2009, 02:22:04 AM
CONDITIONAL ACTION

If the door from room 1 is indeed opening and my removal of the coin has an adverse effect on this happening then I will immediately put it back in.
If not, my action continues.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 24, 2009, 03:47:08 AM
You remove the coin from the slot, and a wirring clicking is heard.
Looking down into room 1 you see that the spikes have retracted but the door remains unmoved.


Summary
  • Posts until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: 5
  • Posts until Spikes begin to extend again: 1
  • Posts until Spikes close room after beginning to extend: 2
  • You MAY ENTER Stage 1
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 24, 2009, 04:05:23 AM
Aw crap, I just realized something.

Did anyone bother to step through the door in stage 2? Starky just turned the handle.

I open the door and step through, if it's possible.


Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 24, 2009, 05:19:40 AM
Quote
As you rotate the doors handle there is a clicking noise and the unlocked door suddenly locks.
The steel door in stage 2 locked when Starky "wiggled" it. You cannot step through.

Summary
  • Posts until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: 4
  • Posts until Spikes close Stage 1: 2
  • You MAY ENTER Stage 1
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 24, 2009, 01:54:09 PM
I drop through the hatch into stage one..
Providing I can do it, I make for the door there
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 24, 2009, 04:42:54 PM
turn handle in room two to the right
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 24, 2009, 07:32:17 PM
Following SkullyChaos's action I push/pull/slide the door from Stage 1 (if I remember correctly then there is no handle) and go through it (if it opens).

As for Premetheus' action.
I assume since you told us the door is now locked, just turning the handle won't change that (you said no tricks  :P).

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 24, 2009, 08:40:06 PM
I try to push/slide the hatch indent thing on the right wall.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 24, 2009, 08:52:48 PM
I attempt to open the door.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 24, 2009, 09:33:35 PM
Any and all attempts to open doors in Stage I or Stage II fail they are both locked.
Anyone in Stage I(SkullyChaos,Balthraka) must exit Stage I in their next post or they will be impaled and die.

The wall indent doesnt budge.


Summary
  • Time until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: 2
  • Time until Spikes close Stage 1: 1
  • You MAY NOT ENTER Stage 1
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 24, 2009, 09:38:49 PM
In a fit of panic, I try to use my coin to jam the gears and stop the descending ceiling.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 24, 2009, 10:02:02 PM
The gear track and box are closely joined, you dont have anything big enough to wedge in the track, besides perhaps yourself  :-[

Summary
  • Time until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: 2
  • Time until Spikes close Stage 1: 1
  • You MAY NOT ENTER Stage 1
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 24, 2009, 10:59:04 PM
I'll get us all killed, but I don't think anyone tried this.

The "coin slot" is as big as my index finger and I can put my finger in it. Alright, in that slot, if there's a button anywhere in it--- I push it. If there is a pull-trigger somewhere, I pull it.

If this fails... I'm sorry.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 25, 2009, 12:18:08 AM
Provided I am still alive and not perforated, I scramble back into Stage II room and see if I can jam my shoe in the track housing to buy me some time
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 25, 2009, 12:28:42 AM
I follow Skully back up.
Maybe my corpse will hold the roof up enough for the next trepid explorer to get through safe.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 25, 2009, 12:54:23 AM
*notes that we are each alone, therefore your corpse is totally useless*

I try to stand the hatch's door panels up so that the ceiling will be held up by them, then look for the door or the panel to open.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 25, 2009, 02:35:12 AM
THis may be a dumb question... but... what is the ceiling made of? If all the white parts of the room are made of the marble substance.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 25, 2009, 03:06:32 AM
Putting your finger into the slot, you find no buttons or triggers, and your finger is pinned by a gear wheel of some sort. You cannot move until you free your finger from the slot.

Crrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaa aaaaaaak-ka.......


The grey marble celing has stopped moving downwards.
You cannot reach the door from the slot.

Summary
  • Time until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: Halted
  • You MAY NOT ENTER  Stage 1

You dont have to loose any digits, you just have to free your finger.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 25, 2009, 03:49:12 AM
Wait wait wait! The whole doom mechanism was stopped by a finger!? Hurrah, wonders of human anatomy!  ;D Good one, argos5!

Ok, so we got some time to think things out, and we need a long, hard object to take over our finger eventually...

I notice some strange markings on the gear track, what are they?

Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 25, 2009, 04:26:28 AM
They are grease marks on the track. Not everything in the pictures plays an important role in your escape, but I wont discourage you from asking
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 25, 2009, 04:36:22 AM
Crap, I realized what we could have done, but missed our chance to do so...

Look at the hatch. With the finger in the hole, did the spikes below retract again?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 25, 2009, 04:57:50 AM
*notes that we are each alone, therefore your corpse is totally useless*
That's why I said the NEXT explorer... Not another current one.
It was more just a joke and reason to not be impaled by spikes (I think crushed would be better)
 :P

Crap, I realized what we could have done, but missed our chance to do so...

Look at the hatch. With the finger in the hole, did the spikes below retract again?

I assume they didn't because it says we may not enter the room (previously this was due to the spikes blocking it.

And if you were thinking of using a spike to block the hole then I tried to remove a spike before but was unable to.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 25, 2009, 05:03:13 AM
Summary

  • Time until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: Halted
  • Time until Stage 1 closes again: 3
  • You MAY ENTER Stage 1 (spikes are retracting but you must remember to "leave")
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 25, 2009, 08:44:00 AM
As I don't want to have everyone's death on me... "Mmm, maybe the ceiling will climb back once it reaches the floor: If that's the case, we have the time to climb down in Stage 1, wait for the ceiling to get back up a bit then climb back on Stage 2 and friggin hope the system reset itself and the door unlock?"

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 25, 2009, 09:45:57 AM
Once finger is removed could you not try putting coin in and pushing it to see if it takes coin and not traps our hands and unlocks door downstairs? or did when coin was placed in before count as that?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 25, 2009, 11:25:36 AM
Right, this is the chance I'm trying to go for.

I pull my finger out, roll towards the hatch and enter the first room. I grab the key that we left behind, and wait for the spikes to extend again for me to climb back up.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 25, 2009, 02:33:22 PM
Raven, the key and coin are in your jumpsuit pockets. You don't need to go back down to retrieve it.

So... I'd just put the key into the slot and hope that its enough. Hell, since its big enough, I'll put the key in backwards so the ring part is jamming the pinch-slot. Then if that works, I'd proceed to the door and exit.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 25, 2009, 04:53:55 PM
Quote
.........it will reach the floor, closing the room forever.

Sorry but once the celing closes to room, its closed for good

Hint: The door downstairs is Not Going to Unlock.....like EVER.

The key was left in the keyhole in Stage I, so it could operaterate the spikes.
Retriving it is difficult but possible.
The key is to big to go in the slot.

Quote from: Starrakatt
As I don't want to have everyone's death on me...
As stated in the rules: If and when someone posts something incorrect or something that causes the subject to be unable to complete his task of escaping, I will describe the subjects last moves and the results. If you are the aforementioned poster your "command" posts will no longer be recognized. You have lost the game. That however does not mean you cant play spectator to your fellow posters.

You cant kill everyone, just yourself. So if you do something and you die or become unable to escape you loose, and everyone else knows not to do it.
You "take one for the team" so to speak.

someone can actually beat the game simply by picking up where the others fell.
Summary

  • Time until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: Halted
  • Time until Stage 1 closes again: 2
  • You MAY ENTER Stage 1 (spikes are retracting but you must remember to "leave")
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 25, 2009, 05:09:53 PM
Knock on the panel  on the right wall, maybe someone is behind it.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 25, 2009, 11:53:59 PM
The panel on the right wall doesn't budge.
And youd have to take your finger out of the slot to find that out anyways.


Summary

  • Time until Stage II celing crushes subject/reaches floor: Halted
  • Time until Stage 1 closes again: 2
You MAY ENTER Stage 1 (spikes are retracting but you must remember to "leave")
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 26, 2009, 01:17:49 AM
Alright, screw it. I'll take one for the team.

I'll pry my finger loose and run over to the Warning/Hazard sign. I'll try to pull it off with my coin if necessary, then use it to jam the gears that's causing the ceiling to collapse on me.

ADD:

Now, in the event that the Warning sign isn't removable... I'm going to run over and slide the coin through the indentations around the panel to determine if is movable.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 26, 2009, 02:20:36 AM
The celing begins to move downward the moment you pull your finger from the slot.

The Sign does not remove.
For fututre reference NONE of the hazard signs are removable or move or have any critical part in escaping, they merely are there.

The indentation doesnt move.

Argos5 has 1 more action/post before he is crushed to death by the celing.

If someone else can post the soloution then Argos5 is safe.

Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 26, 2009, 09:17:11 AM
I try to pull on Stage 2 door's handle - If it doesn't work, I try to push it (Edit: and pull/push at the door too)

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 26, 2009, 09:27:42 AM
ok ill remove my finger place coin in the hole then push my finger back in
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 03:51:15 AM
Pulling out your finger, the celing moves downward and has forced you to crawl on the floor. Pulling the coin from your pocket and sliding it into the slot, you feel it fall forward into a wheel of some sort.

Caaahhhhchannk......

The celing stops its decent and slowly raises back up until it reaches its origional place, there are a number of clicks as it locks into place.

Click-Chak....
The metal door unlocks.

Below you the spikes have closed with a clank, you can no longer enter Stage 1.
"STAGE II COMPLETE"

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/firstout.jpg) First out award round 2: premetheus (fist to post winning solution)
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/honosable.jpg) Honorable Mention round 2: SkullyChaos (for doing the right thing at the wrong time)
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/thinker.jpg) Good Idea Award round 2: argos5 (for providing the answer to stopping horrible squishy death)

Sorry for the delay, some days I end up no wheres near a computer.


STAGE III
Standing up and walking to the door, you find it pulls inwards, as you open it, Stage III is revealed to you. It is a tall rectangular room, much higher than it is wide. The floor appears to be glass and although wary at first you step out onto it. It doesnt appear to be crackng or breaking. The glass floor touches all the walls. There is a door halfway up the right wall, and a metal bar with a box contraption runs down the middle of the glass floor. Above and below you are wiked looking spikes.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room3.jpg)
Better Quality picture (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room3.jpg)

The rest is up to you.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 27, 2009, 03:56:00 AM
Well, damn. All we needed was to put the coin back in again. >.<

Alright, new room though. How tall am I relative to the door? As in, if I jump up, would I be able to reach the ledge?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 04:18:31 AM
Good question.
No, the doorway is at least twice as tall as you are up the wall.
(and theres nothing on the fourth wall lol  :D)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 27, 2009, 04:26:06 AM
(dayumn, the smart GM preempt's the player's movements... :))

Lemme take a closer look at the contraption.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 04:45:28 AM
This is the box device in the middle of the bar.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/device.jpg)

NOTE: the red lever/switch will never be able to be in the middle again if its moved, its only there now to disguise wheather the device is locked or unlocked
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 27, 2009, 05:44:29 AM
Can you stand on the metal bar?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 05:49:41 AM
The metal bar and box contraption will hold your weight, they do not raise you high enough to reach the door however.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 27, 2009, 05:59:00 AM
Does it look like the metal bar can rotate by any chance?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 06:08:56 AM
It is a circular bar that ends in circular wall indentations.
(sorry I cant be more specific, I have to reserve some information)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 27, 2009, 06:22:27 AM
Theoratically if the bar could rotate could it do so withouth bashing the spikes under it?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 06:30:20 AM
The Bar runs parallel to the floor, if it rotates it wouldnt hit the spikes below. (the spikes are farther down but for the pictures sake I drew them higher.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 27, 2009, 06:33:29 AM
I push the handle to unlock and as the bar starts rotating, hopefully, I run up the side that goes up and hang on to it. When it reaches the reaches the door I jump at the door.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 27, 2009, 06:36:11 AM
I do the same as JackofBlades, but I stay right next to the box and at the last moment before the glass would hit the spikes, or become too steep to walk up, I throw the lever into lock and walk up to the door.  I turn the knob (if this all goes to plan and as stated)

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 27, 2009, 06:36:27 AM
will it be possible to move the switch to unlock and lock but never back to the middle? As in I move to unlock then I can move to lock again?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 06:47:54 AM
You switch the lever over to unlock,
clik-chaaack the floor beneath you begins to tilt. As you move towards the door the floor tilts towards the spikes on the door side.

Realizing that you are on a teeter-totter platform you switch the box to lock.
reeeeeeeac......
Mechanicaly the platform is re-set to parallel the floor.

Note:The platform will always re-set to parallel when put in lock
 (:D Its not that easy)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 27, 2009, 06:49:36 AM
How quickly did it reset?

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 27, 2009, 06:53:50 AM
Frag I thought I had it. :'(
Do I have anythign to through with?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 07:04:30 AM
It re-sets as soon as you hit lock, and swings into position.
(it pretty much drops, too fast for you to hit lock and run)

throw? no. And you don't want to put anything through the platform, as you'd probably break the glass and fall to your death.

Trivia: This was originally the 5th room but it was shuffled for continuity
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 27, 2009, 09:25:39 AM
so the beam is part of the glass floor and if that breaks the machine and I will go splat?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 27, 2009, 10:16:03 AM
Yes I meant throw, how fast does the floor rotate if you stand on one half.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 27, 2009, 10:16:37 AM
Is there place to stand between the spikes on the bottom floor or are the pointy bits too tightly packed for it to be possible?

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 27, 2009, 01:34:17 PM
Teeter totter... hehehe.

So I set the floor to unlock. Since this is a massive glass, it should be able to teeter-totter effectively with my weight.

I run to one side so that the glass will start to tilt, then back over across the beam to the other end of the glass. Each shift back and forth across the glass to increment enough balance so that on a swing upward on the right-side, I'm able to ride the edge and get to the door. Now, given the amount of weight to compensate for that upward lift, it should give me enough time to twist the knob, open that door, and walk through before it starts to sail back down.

ADD: Given the height of the door, and I presume the thickness of the glass floor, I would be shifting back and forth across this floor  a few times.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 27, 2009, 02:35:36 PM
I get on the door-side of the axle and let it fall down to the last possible micrometer before it would hit the spikes.  I then throw it into "lock" and dash towards the door side, now going up.  I jump up just before it stops rising and grab the ledge of the door, pull myself up and turn the knob.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 27, 2009, 05:05:39 PM
ditto
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 27, 2009, 05:54:05 PM
I get on the door-side of the axle and let it fall down to the last possible micrometer before it would hit the spikes.  I then throw it into "lock" and dash towards the door side, now going up.  I jump up just before it stops rising and grab the ledge of the door, pull myself up and turn the knob.

Azore of Ath-Ron

This does beg the question... what is the distance between the control panel and the edge of the glass floor?


And to 42. Ditto to who?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 27, 2009, 08:22:23 PM
After swinging and locking the platform, jumping and running, trying again and again, you realize that the platform simply will not stay in place long enough for you to reach the door, every time you step towards the door the platform tilts back precariously. To try to tilt it any further is risking the fall to the spiked pit below.
You simply can't keep it at the angle you want to reach the door.

In case its not clear: Your need some way of keeping the platform at a tilt to reach the door.
These are all very smart Ideas but not the solution, keep trying, you guys have done really well so far.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 28, 2009, 12:05:53 AM
I'm going to turn it to Lock and walk around the glass floor to see anything happen compared to Unlock. Afterwards, I'm going to play around with Unlock and Locking it repeatedly to see if there's an "overload" effect.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 28, 2009, 01:16:53 AM
doesnt matter but was to azore I examine the doors
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 05:06:03 AM
The only "overload effect" woul be the switch breaking off, leaving the platform stuck in unlock or lock, either way ending in being forever trapped/impaled on a bed of spikes.

The doors are unbreakable steel, and reveal nothing of importance.


In reality your guys's ideas would work, but each room only has a very limited solution, and this is not reality....


Trivia: I (the GM) was inspired to create this game by a number of films; Indiana Jones, The Goonies, The SAW series, and by Steam productions video games including; Half-Life, and Portal (the test facility in which this game is played is inspired by Appeture Science)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 28, 2009, 05:47:18 AM
Is there anything that could be used as a counter weight?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 06:46:29 AM
 ;D now your getting it.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on March 28, 2009, 07:09:24 AM
How many people are in this room at the same time?

Can you use the other people as counter balance?

Is it any other conviniently placed objects?

Will the last person (if the people counterweight plan works) be able to grab the first persons arms if they help eachother to get into the door, (the first guy would be lying on the floor in the door, trying too help the counterweight as he tries to grab the arms)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 07:30:20 AM
Just 1 (you) so unfortunately the plans you've made wouldn't work

I dont want to sound rude, but you need to read the previous pages, itll save you a lot of time and help you solve the room.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on March 28, 2009, 08:13:59 AM
Ok check.

Do i still have the key and coin (as i did a bit of teleport striking)

Can i have a pair of underwear? (Just for not beeing nude, i want too test something)

Ok, i try too take off my nice prisonsuit and check its durability.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 28, 2009, 08:17:36 AM
@Ninja Firelord: Hi dude, and welcome to the Tavern! ;) So, you mean to try this?

Assuming the Lock/Unlock lever is sturdy enough to support an adult's weight, I tie the end of one of my pants leg (yeah, bare butt) at the lever and grip the other end firmly (like if abseiling), get the nearest I can to the door's wall then swing the rope (pants) to 'Unlock'.

The idea is to stay hung to the lever (vertical floor) then give a good swing to get the lever back on 'Lock' and use the floor as sling to get at the door.

Does it work or I die horribly? :o

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 08:30:51 AM
Key and coin required use to get to Stage III

No undies (fresh out tighty-whiteys)

Your jumpsuit is untearable.

The lever will not hold your weight. Hitting lock drops the platform into pit-floor parallel. The platform is glass making it near impossible to climb. Even if the platform were vertical you'd be sitting atop it and still be no closer to the door.
Realizing this you decide against your brilliant but fatal plan.


Ive given you what you need to escape already, you just havent found it yet.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on March 28, 2009, 08:37:17 AM
Well, i could try, as long as you don't mind me cheating the first 2 rooms.

Anyway, if i may play i try this.

I take an obnoxthious (however it is spelled) advantage and get a pair of underwair.

I then take my nice prison suit and spin it a bit (so it is tightened up, getting more strength)

Then i check if i can get my "rope" unto the doorknob.
If i can't get it stuck i try too make a v out of the suit holding each end and trying too catch the nob that way.
(You might not understand that one, but if i cant get it stuck by just tossing it the second way will surely work, BUT! i will only have my own height + half my suits length, so the second will only fail if its too short too reach the doorknob)

If my plan works i will open the door (attempt too anyway) and go trough and take my suit on.

Otherwise i will dance, swinging my suit in a zexxy way and rave all night long.
(I'm going away so i might have chosen a bad time too start. I will be back after weekend though)

(Underwear give me no advantage, except the soft reassurance of not beeing completely naked)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 08:46:22 AM
As stated before the bottom of the door is up the wall at least twice as tall as you.

The nice thing about this game is that you can come back and catch up, without being out of the loop.

Rave-dance away....
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 28, 2009, 09:27:40 AM
can the glass floor rotate a full 180 degrees without hitting the spikes?


Also does no one else wonder why their are spikes on the roof.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on March 28, 2009, 01:42:41 PM
I investigate the seams where the metal bar joins the walls.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 05:43:24 PM
The platform can tilt full circle, if locked it will return to the closest parallel, meaning it can be locked "upside down". Of course then youd be trapped under the platform over a pit of spikes.

The bar dead ends on either end with circular wall indentations (of no importance and un tamerable)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 28, 2009, 06:18:50 PM
Am I able to reach the spikes on the roof?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 28, 2009, 06:40:21 PM
No they are too high.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on March 28, 2009, 11:47:35 PM
I do my best to investigate the spikes on the roof (specifically the strength of their attachment to the ceiling).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 29, 2009, 04:08:53 AM
The spikes on the celing and floor are permanently attached and are both too far to reach.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 29, 2009, 06:15:43 AM
hmm not sure how we could do this anyone have a suggestion how we could get the platform to be vertical with us at the top. Then you could ride it down and grasp on to ledge as it swings down.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 29, 2009, 06:25:42 AM
The solution is easier than that,
There are some things that have been overlooked.  ;)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 29, 2009, 06:28:07 AM
Yeah lol Im trying to figure out how the hell we can get a counter weight for this thing but no one else seems to know either at the moment.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on March 29, 2009, 06:29:45 AM
If I jump against the wall with the danger sticker and use that to push off am I able to reach the underside of the door?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 29, 2009, 10:30:05 AM
Is the floor really glass? For all we know there's no spikes on the underside...

If that's the case, the real door is just under us...


Crap. We can get back to the Stage 2 Room, right? I slide the lever to 'Unlock' and walk the supporting beam back to Stage 2: Is the hidden panel opening? If it doesn' work, I stand in Stage 2 and pivot the floor to see exactly what's under.

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 29, 2009, 12:29:15 PM
Is the floor really glass? For all we know there's no spikes on the underside...

If that's the case, the real door is just under us...


Crap. We can get back to the Stage 2 Room, right? I slide the lever to 'Unlock' and walk the supporting beam back to Stage 2: Is the hidden panel opening? If it doesn' work, I stand in Stage 2 and pivot the floor to see exactly what's under.

   Starky

Holy crud, you're right Starky! I forgot Stage 2 is still available. I second, Starky's actions.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 29, 2009, 02:02:09 PM
inddeed, ditto to the above
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: phxren on March 29, 2009, 02:53:17 PM
inspect the sign.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 29, 2009, 06:33:46 PM
Yes there really are spikes.
Yes Stage II is open and avaliable.
Here is what the sign looks like...
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/760_0_w15.jpg)

Stepping across the bar, the platform beneath you wobbles ever so slighty.
Across the room the indent remains, seemingly unchanged.
You reach out to touch it.....and it clicks back slightly,
with a hiss the panel slides up, revealing a small niche about 3 square feet.
Inside the niche you find this.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/weight.jpg)
Better Quality Picture (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/weight.jpg)
It appears to be made of metal.
The niche bears nothing else of importance
(please look at the better quality pic, this site messes with my picture quality)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 29, 2009, 06:55:25 PM
Ha-ha! Before I remove the counterweight from the niche, I put my head in and look if there's something else in there, like a mechanism or something?

If there's nothing, what happens when I remove the pyramid?

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 29, 2009, 06:56:44 PM


Ok i pick up the weight how heavy does it feel?

If it is not heavier than me I will place it on the glass half way between the bar and the edge then I will move a similar disatnce on the other side and switch the switch to unlock.

by trail and error I will get used to using the weight to counter my weight but not completely so that I can get high enough to grab the ledge
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 29, 2009, 07:43:55 PM
Quote
The niche bears nothing else of importance
nothing happens

the pyramid though small, is more than twice your weight, suprisingly you are able to carry it with ease.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 29, 2009, 08:16:31 PM
I take the pyramid out of the niche and then walk out along the axle and lock it.  I go back into room 2 and get the pyramid which I then place about quarter-way from the axle on the glass opposite the door.  I then flip the switch to unlock and run to the door side, keeping my momentum going up until I reach the door.  Once the plane is near to the door, I reach out, turn the nob/pull the handle, and jump through.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 29, 2009, 08:48:11 PM
After locking the platform and bringing the pyramid in, you set it down on the platform, opposite the door, and step over to the lock. Quickly you hit unlock and the platform tilts. As you run up the increasing incline, the pyramid begins to slide. As you near the edge of the platform the door is in sight.
Jumping the gap, you leap onto the ledge, grab the door knob and twist.
The door swings in revealing Stage IV.
Behind you the pyramid slips off and crashes to the bottom of the pit.
The weight now absent, the platform settles, parallel to the floor, some distance beneath you. "STAGE III COMPLETE"


Nice work! I was worried you guys would never get it...
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/firstout.jpg) First out Award round 3: premetheus (for posting solution)
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/honosable.jpg) Honorable Mention Award round 3: azore24 (for posting improved solution)
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/thinker.jpg) Good Idea Award round 3: Starky (for finding solution to the solution)

Stage 4 to be posted here or in following posts shortly
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 29, 2009, 09:13:48 PM
Nice one... of course I was away for the Weekend, hence I didn't come up with a solution  :P good one Stark.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 29, 2009, 11:33:10 PM
Nearly stumbling into the room you gain your balance and look around.....

Stage IV

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room4.jpg)
The room is slightly colder than the others, the walls and celling are marked with vents.
Behind you, through the opened door the platform creaks.

.........Then there is a click and then a hissing sound..........

...better hurry
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 29, 2009, 11:56:27 PM
Check the door behind me. (is it closed?) Is there anything else on the wall behind me?

(damn work taking me out of town, I missed whole Stages!!!)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 30, 2009, 12:02:33 AM
We're being gassed! I hold my breath, and examine the two grey lines on the floor...


Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 30, 2009, 12:17:23 AM
Quote from:  Stage IV Description
Behind you, through the opened door the platform creaks.
Aside from the door, there is a vent.

Correct, shortly the CO2 will form a gaseous cloud and asphixiate you.
The lines are tiny grooves in the floor, that are not much deeper than an eighth of and inch
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 30, 2009, 12:30:56 AM
Strange, if there is a vent beside the door behind us, why isn't it reflected here (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room3.jpg)?

In any case, how big is the vent, and does it look like the cover can be removed?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on March 30, 2009, 12:53:22 AM
Hold my breath and try to push on the middle of the front wall, in case I could move it. If it doesn't work I try both sides.

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 30, 2009, 02:32:15 AM
I examine the floor closely.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on March 30, 2009, 02:37:12 AM
Hold my breath and try to push on the middle of the front wall, in case I could move it. If it doesn't work I try both sides.

   Starky
I think ya got it.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 30, 2009, 03:03:09 AM
...the two grey lines on the floor...

Is it just me or is there someone else who can just see a plain white floor?
With absolutely no lines at all...

Is my monitor beslubbered?

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: The annihilator of worlds on March 30, 2009, 03:54:51 AM
I take aa deep breath of fresh air and get to work by reaching into the slit in the floor and pulling trying to get it free.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 30, 2009, 06:25:42 AM
I try to find a way to relock the axle from the previous room.  Also, I breath calmly and feel each vent to see if gas is coming in or out of it.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 30, 2009, 08:04:17 AM
did we get locked in?

Breath calmly

Examine sign press pull twist it etc.......

Then examine vents like Azore24
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on March 30, 2009, 09:24:34 AM
I try too push the grey wall, the one with the sticker, sign, whatever.

I also check what this sign really is. Paint? A metal sign? A paper?

I redress, for beeing naked is awkard for everybody.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 30, 2009, 01:20:36 PM
...the two grey lines on the floor...

Is it just me or is there someone else who can just see a plain white floor?
With absolutely no lines at all...

Is my monitor beslubbered?

-B

I just noticed this right now. I think your monitor is beslubbered, LOL.


I examine the grey lines on the floor and determine if they lead  under the wall in front of me with the sign or stop at it. If the grey lines top at the wall, I see if I can stomp in the area between the lines. Failing that, I push on that CO2 wall like Starky is doing.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on March 30, 2009, 03:06:04 PM
...the two grey lines on the floor...

Is it just me or is there someone else who can just see a plain white floor?
With absolutely no lines at all...

Is my monitor beslubbered?

-B

I just noticed this right now. I think your monitor is beslubbered, LOL.


I examine the grey lines on the floor and determine if they lead  under the wall in front of me with the sign or stop at it. If the grey lines top at the wall, I see if I can stomp in the area between the lines. Failing that, I push on that CO2 wall like Starky is doing.

They are there, just nearly impossible to see (I had to zoom in a lot to make them out).

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on March 30, 2009, 04:44:37 PM
I examine the walls afre they affected by force?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 30, 2009, 11:01:58 PM
Talon Raven: The Walls are thick and the venting pipes are small  :) plus I'm trying to give you something on the "fourth wall" lol.

The vent like all the others is carved into the stone of the wall like slits, standing near them you feel light headed and feel cold gas seeping out of them.

Pushing and shoving on the walls yields nothing, each time you shove into them there is no movement and they feel solid and very thick.

Examining the floor you only find the two grooves, which begin a few feet from the door, and end at the bottom of the wall. Shoving, stomping, prying and pulling yield nothing, they are only groves about and 8th of an inch deep (very shallow)

The door to Stage IV stands at least twice your height from the glass platform below, the control mechanism is in the center of the room a number of lengths away. You cannot reach the mechanism by any means, unless you risk a jump.
Note: You CAN reach the control mechanism by risking a jump, however you also risk loosing the game by dying, either breaking your legs on the fall, breaking through the glass platform, missing the bar and tilting the platform allowing you to fall to your death, or some other means which would not allow you to escape. the choice is yours...
Quote from: From Stage IV Description
Behind you, through the opened door the platform creaks.
You ARE NOT locked in.

Quote from: From General Room Descriptions
The Sign does not remove.
For future reference NONE of the hazard signs are removable or move or have any critical part in escaping, they merely are there.
and there made of metal.

The Grooves in the floor (grey lines) were purposely drawn to be difficult to see, however searching the room would have yielded the discovery of the lines regardless of weather or not you could see them. Some monitors are set to different brightness and resolution than others, so nobody's monitor is messed up.


TIME UNTIL CO2 GAS SUFFOCATES YOU:  3

Trivia: One of the original play testers of this level took 45 Mins to Solve this room, it has since been changed and modified to be more challenging as the game is designed to get harder as the levels progress.

Trivia: Originally the room had no CO2 vents, and had a much simpler solution

Trivia: This room was originally the 2nd room but was shifted for continuity


Rules have been updated
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 30, 2009, 11:10:13 PM
Nothing left in my pockets...
Walls not seeming to move..
I stick a finger (that hopefully fits, so if my sausage index doesn't fit, I try my next smaller, and so forth) into each vent, in turn, from each wall and floor, then run it along the length of it to see if there is any hidden indentations, catches, switches, toggles, etc.

Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 30, 2009, 11:18:32 PM
Reaching in with your fingers, you feel the cold gas flowing out of the vents gently,
feeling around as far as you can, searching each and every vent, you start feeling light headed, and dizzy, you search the same vent twice on accident.
There is nothing in the vents but the cold dark walls of metal.


TIME UNTIL CO2 GAS SUFFOCATES YOU:  2.5


I can almost taste the dramma  ;D
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 30, 2009, 11:26:35 PM
(OT) how does one get .5 of a post???)

In my hazy confused state, I remember something from a previous room.


(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/weight.jpg)
Better Quality Picture (http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/weight.jpg)


It says the "Following 2 glass floors"....

I go to the door to the last room, and try to jump down to the prior glass floor.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on March 30, 2009, 11:27:10 PM
...the two grey lines on the floor...

Is it just me or is there someone else who can just see a plain white floor?
With absolutely no lines at all...

Is my monitor beslubbered?

-B

I just noticed this right now. I think your monitor is beslubbered, LOL.

Well...
Looking at the picture on my laptop I can see them.
It's just my desktop where they are definitely not visible...

Quote
he Grooves in the floor (grey lines) were purposely drawn to be difficult to see...
...Some monitors are set to different brightness and resolution than others, so nobody's monitor is messed up.
Cool.
They are plain as day on my laptop.
But definitely invisible on my desktop.
Haha.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on March 30, 2009, 11:29:53 PM
I will leave the door ajar (use my shoe/shirt/whatever) and allow any CO2 that builds up to dissipate harmlessly into the previous (and lower) stages. This should buy us as much time as we need ;).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 30, 2009, 11:55:31 PM
I wanted to make the time go down but not too signifigantly, Im not doing time by posts anymore as most would have died in Stage II.

Quote from:  SkullyChaos
It says the "Following 2 glass floors"....

I go to the door to the last room, and try to jump down to the prior glass floor.

Please be very specific in your actions and tell me if you are certain of your actions, as there is no going back on a decision once its made, and you must live with the consequences.
NOTE: There is SERIOUS RISK in jumping or dropping down into Stage III from Stage IV

The door is WIDE OPEN as aforementioned repeatedly.
The CO2 will eventually fill STAGE IV and then seep out to STAGE III, it will still suffocate you if you do not escape soon.


TIME UNTIL CO2 SUFFOCATES YOU: 2.5
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on March 30, 2009, 11:57:54 PM
Upon reflection and a nagging inner voice that sounds much like a GM, I decide to close the door to stage III.
( I am sure, and if I die, well.... it was fun anyhow.)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on March 31, 2009, 12:07:07 AM
I stand at the edge of the doorway into Stage 3 and close the door of sealing me out of Stage 4. CO2 is a propellant under pressure. So I'm going to see what happens when it pressurizes.

ADD: My idea is that the wall with CO2 moves under pressure... or something moves in that room.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 31, 2009, 12:49:46 AM
You make it down into Stage III sucessfully after droping to the platform which begins to tilt.

You are just barley able to stand on the ledge, the door is still unlocked but has sealed off Stage 4. You wait for a while (long enough for the room to presurize) and then open the door, there is a blast of air...... and nothing has changed, you should probably hold your breath as the room has filled with CO2 (This only applies to argos5 remember)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 31, 2009, 04:36:35 AM
I knock on all the walls floor/roof if i can reach to see if anywhere sounds hollow or breakable.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on March 31, 2009, 04:46:22 AM
All the walls are thick and solid, including the floor and celing
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on March 31, 2009, 10:34:50 AM
Cool if I try?

Are the slits wide enough to get a jumpsuit in? maybe give us some time... Im thinking that the grooves in the floor are for the far wall, and that it will slide out towards us... if we can pressurize the gas vents, maybe it will puch the wall forward.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on March 31, 2009, 05:17:58 PM
Cool if I try?

Are the slits wide enough to get a jumpsuit in? maybe give us some time... Im thinking that the grooves in the floor are for the far wall, and that it will slide out towards us... if we can pressurize the gas vents, maybe it will puch the wall forward.

If it will fill all the previous stages inside a few turns then this stuff is coming out at hurricane-force, there is no way you could stuff it with a jumpsuit! Good idea though.

I will try looking down the grooves (at eye level) to see if there is any rollers/clockwork/etc.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on March 31, 2009, 05:59:51 PM
As my monitor is crap how many and what direction do the groves run in?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on March 31, 2009, 06:33:50 PM
To me, it looks like there is 2 grooves running perpendicular to the wall straight ahead and look to go underneath that same wall.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on April 1, 2009, 01:48:32 AM
I examine the vent on the 'fourth' wall. Specifially how large is it and how deep?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 03:37:57 AM
Quote from: taupro777
Cool if I try?
All veiwes and lukers are welcome to join at any time.

Quote from: taupro777
Are the slits wide enough to get a jumpsuit in? maybe give us some time... Im thinking that the grooves in the floor are for the far wall, and that it will slide out towards us... if we can pressurize the gas vents, maybe it will puch the wall forward.
unfortunately, the room won't pressurise by blocking the vents, or even only closing the door
(good idea though)

The two grooves run up to the grey wall, they run parallel to the side walls. There are no mechanical parts as the grooves seem to be scratch marks from a heavy object.

This is the forth wall, the vent is about 16 inches square and 8 inches deep.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/backofroom4b.jpg)
Note: I know that the picture of Stage 3 shows the door handle on the side opposite the side pictured here, im too lazy to fix the pics, deal with it lol

TIME UNTIL CO2 SUFFOCATES YOU: 2
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on April 1, 2009, 05:06:08 AM
I examine the grooves in the floor.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 05:16:00 AM
The two grooves run up to and end at the botom of the grey wall, they run parallel to the side walls. The grooves seem to be scratch marks from a heavy object.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on April 1, 2009, 05:32:29 AM
Is there any way to gain purchase on the wall (sign wall) and try to pul it?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 05:47:42 AM
Unfortunately no purchase can be gained. And even if it could, the wall cannot be pulled.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 1, 2009, 10:42:26 AM
Do the grooves run under the wall, or do they stop?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 1, 2009, 12:45:13 PM
can i try to push the sign like a button?

(long time lurker)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on April 1, 2009, 12:55:10 PM
Ha welcome to the thread, but I have already tried to pull twist push turn slide the sign  :'( Im going to die.......noooooooo oooooooo
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 4084595657 on April 1, 2009, 02:07:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, has the gas been flooding out while we were in the other stages?

If it triggered when we opened the door then maybe it could stop if we close the door?

Just a suggestion :D

EDIT:

I search the doorframe for anything that looks like it could of triggered the gas (buttons etc..)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 03:30:52 PM
All posters and veiwers and lurkers are wecome. Please feel free to post, there are no bad ideas (except maybe "try to kill self.......")

You are unable to tell if the grooves run under, but you can assume so.

The sign doesnt move.
Quote from: General Room Descriptions
.....For future reference NONE of the hazard signs are removable or move or have any critical part in escaping, they merely are there.

The CO2 was triggered automaticaly when you opened the door by whoever is running the facility, you are being watched...

The door frame is covered by a white rubber strip.


TIME UNTIL CO2 SUFFOCATES YOU: 1.5

Trivia: This room has gone through the most changes of any room since its origional conception.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on April 1, 2009, 03:42:57 PM
I think what may have caused confusion is in previous room someone posted...inspect the sign and that gave us the hidden panel from the indentation....
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: BeastNurgling on April 1, 2009, 03:54:52 PM
Hmm...  The front wall can't be pushed, but can it be pulled forwards?  To cover the vents?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 04:14:19 PM
Quote from: Reply #198 : Stage IV inquiry answer
Unfortunately no purchase can be gained. And even if it could, the wall cannot be pulled

The wall cannot be pulled.
Save time......read privious posts ;D
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 4084595657 on April 1, 2009, 04:54:21 PM
i examine the white rubber strip and try to remove it :D

Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 1, 2009, 05:07:26 PM
Ditto to house
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 05:10:35 PM
The strip runs along the entire inside of the door frame, it is not removable.

Hint: Everything needed to escape is provided already
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 1, 2009, 05:19:45 PM
So what exactly do we have atm?nvestigate height of room, can i reach the ceiling vent?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 05:35:57 PM
You can reach the celing vent, its a bit of a jump, and you see that it is the same as he others.

You have:

The obvious has been overlooked
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 1, 2009, 05:52:52 PM
can i remove the door from the entrance by any means?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on April 1, 2009, 06:43:21 PM
Hmmmm.

It isn't closing the door, that has been tested.

Rubber strip? I like rubber, so i try to steal it (i remove it if possible)

Then i search for a light button, or similar.

Then i check if the vent bars are breakable. By kicking them.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 1, 2009, 06:55:55 PM
... Screw this damn room!

This is a detachable room like beslubberin' Cube! I hold my breath, stand in the room and close myself into Stage 4.

ADD: While my ass is freezing and this crazed loon is watching me... I decide to strip naked and start doing muscle-man poses in the nude!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 08:31:05 PM
You Cannot remove or damage ANY part of the room INCLUDING the vents, door, and rubber strip. PLEASE READ PREVIOUS POSTS, IT'LL SAVE YOU TIME AND SAVE ME HAVING TO REPEAT MYSELF 10 OR 15 TIMES.

Shouting " ... Screw this damn room!"

You slam the door closed, with a furious hisssssssss The CO2 blasts out of the vents, at twice the speed it did before. Here is the room now.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/backofroom4.jpg)

TIME UNTIL CO2 SUFFOCATES YOU: 1

Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 1, 2009, 09:11:05 PM
Examine the back of the door.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 1, 2009, 10:46:19 PM
The back the door bears a symbol like a lock, below it is a small red button and above it the word LOCK .
The four boxes are matchbox sized and are not removable, their purpose is unknown.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 1, 2009, 11:11:35 PM
I examine the boxes. Do they look like they're made of soft, breakable material? Just checking on a funny feeling I have...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 2, 2009, 12:16:29 AM
I press the Red button.  :P
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 2, 2009, 01:48:05 AM
The boxes do nothing.

With the door closed, you press the red button labeled LOCK
There is a click, then the sound of gas being let out of a rubber seal, the door seals airtight, and the room begins to pressurize with CO2.
If you do not hold your breath the Gas will suffocate you before the room pressurizes
TIME UNTIL CO2 WILL SUFFOCATE YOU:  .2
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 2, 2009, 02:12:34 AM
(If I hold my breath, how long would I have?)

I hold my breath... and sit down.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 2, 2009, 03:23:12 AM
As you hold your breath you can feel the effects of the oxygen  deprivation. After about 20 seconds the rooms fills with gas. Suddenly the vents stop. The room has pressurized enough to stop the internal vent backfill sensor. The vents shut off (they will not turn back on)
From somewhere in the room
Chlick clak....

Trivia: This rooms real-time playtesters finish on average in 6.5 mins
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 2, 2009, 04:04:07 AM
I stand up, lean against the front wall (the one with the sign), and push as hard as I can.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 2, 2009, 04:34:59 AM
The wall gives, and though heavy, slides back along the floor, you keep pushing and it keeps moving until a space in the floor appears.

now what?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on April 2, 2009, 04:44:24 AM
Im confused did someone not post ages ago that they wanted to shut the door?

Examine the space in the floor,
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on April 2, 2009, 09:08:57 AM
Im confused did someone not post ages ago that they wanted to shut the door?

Exactly what I thought!
I am sure someone said it way back at the start!

HERE IT IS!
Quote from: skullychaos
Upon reflection and a nagging inner voice that sounds much like a GM, I decide to close the door to stage III.
( I am sure, and if I die, well.... it was fun anyhow.)

Thats why everyone gave up on that idea... Haha.



Anywho...
Drop down the space if possible.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 2, 2009, 10:36:35 AM
I examine the space in the floor, taking shallow, soft breaths, and go back to the boxes in the door, examining them too... maybe they are open now...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 2, 2009, 11:14:01 AM
Quote
Exactly what I thought!
I am sure someone said it way back at the start!
That's because you guys didn't lock the door.  ;)

I jump down the space as well.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on April 2, 2009, 12:33:22 PM
Quote
Exactly what I thought!
I am sure someone said it way back at the start!
That's because you guys didn't lock the door.  ;)

I jump down the space as well.

Err well that would have been impossible as shutting the door revealed the red button TO lock the door.... that we had previously been unaware of.

(by the way we aint be-atching just pointing stuff out.)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 2, 2009, 01:52:50 PM
While everyone is jumping down the space, I look down the space. Because I really don't want to be minced-up not knowing wtf I'm jumping into.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on April 3, 2009, 06:43:35 AM
I second argos.

And yes, about the second thing someone did was closing the door.

Anyways, i stare down into......?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on April 3, 2009, 07:11:56 AM
While everyone is jumping down the space, I look down the space. Because I really don't want to be minced-up not knowing wtf I'm jumping into.

Yeah...
I was gonna look first...

But no-one has died yet in this game...
I want at least some recognition even if it is the first to lose...
Haha.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 42 on April 3, 2009, 07:52:02 AM
I examine the space.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 3, 2009, 09:33:20 PM
I Apologize for the delay in posting, I have not had access to my images and the passageway in Stage IV is a picture.

I Choose what say in my responses very carefully, if I am not mistaken, 
here is the following turn of events that lead to this confusion.



Immediately following Firelords post Arrgos5, in a fit of rage and panic  ;D Closes the door to Stage IV revealing the locking mechanism



If I'm not mistaken the aforementioned posts show that I the GM am not at fault for misdirecting anyone or causing unnecessary worry on anyone's part.
I know your not "be-atching" your just pointing out something that you thought  was unfair or that i might have over looked, and I am pointing out what I believe to be evidence that it is fellow player misdirection and not my ignorance.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on April 3, 2009, 09:38:37 PM
Sorry I apparently caused confusion, Ive been away at work. Thought I was going to die.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 3, 2009, 09:51:06 PM
Sliding the wall along the floor you push and shove until it reveals this
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/afterroom4.jpg)
A short set of steps and metal double doors


Ummm Bad News SkullyChaos......

Standing on the glass platform in Stage III, You look around, the door into Stage IV is open and you can hear the hiss of the vents.
The platform creaks and tilts beneath you,

and looking down you see the metal pyramid counterweight laying amoungst the spikes some distance below.

You have no way now to re-tilt the platform and escape Stage III,

The air is heavy around you....
and soon you are feeling weary....
eventualy you close your eyes,

...and never wake up....
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 4, 2009, 03:53:30 AM
I'll join in on the fun. Why not?

I go down the steps and examine the "button" (the yellow circle beside what appears to be an elevator door).


60659...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on April 4, 2009, 04:42:30 AM
Well, the door out seems welcomly open. So i try it.

If i make it out first this way i will not take credit myself as i didn't come up with the solution myself.

Does the nice door in the floor open?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Starrakatt on April 4, 2009, 09:09:12 AM
I'm going with Firelord and same apply to me, no merit for finding the answer...

   Starky
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 4, 2009, 11:23:51 AM
I go over to what I guess would be a knob on the left and twist, while laying flat against the wall to the side, just in case anything comes flying out the door. Although I assume the symbols means that there's a Men's Restroom upwards and downwards.  ::)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on April 4, 2009, 12:44:28 PM
Do I get the first death award??
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on April 6, 2009, 06:22:53 AM
I'm back from 1 week of skiing, I've read through and I'm gonna not go down but look around. also if we were being watched there must have been a camera or something so I will have to look out for later on.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 6, 2009, 08:08:15 PM
Ill go and press the button, and prepare to fight whatever comes out XD
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-) on April 6, 2009, 11:06:39 PM
ill have a go at this.

I think i might want to have a look at the symbol on the door first. What does it dipict?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 7, 2009, 01:17:38 AM
It is a button, nothing more

The doors by themselves have no handle and will not open if pried

Its not a knob its a button

There is nothing else of interest or import in the room, and there is no camera, the "watching" part is just my justification for why things happen automaticaly or when you preform certain actions. (I wouldn't stick around, your choking to death)

The sign dipics two human shapes in a box in a shaft with arrows pointing up and down.

With your breath running out, you press the button, there is a low humming......
....*ding*....
The metal doors open.

Choking and desperate for air you leap into the metal box and the doors close behind you.
you cant hold it any longer,
you gasp for air
and breath in precious oxygen.
The box is safe.
there is a lurch, and the humming begins again.
Unsure of what direction you are moving in, you slump down against the wall and sit on the floor....

"STAGE I V COMPLETE"

Round IV
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/firstout.jpg) First Out Award round 4: Argos5 / Talon Raven (for the door closing and button pushing)

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/honosable.jpg) Honorable Mention round 4: Talon Raven (for the wall-shoving)

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/thinker.jpg) Good Idea Award round 4: Argos5 ( for the pressurisation idea)

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/postaward.jpg) Poshumous Award: SkullyChaos Special Honors: FIRST VICTIM

Hey everybody and thank you for your posts and maintaining the popularity of this thread.
I really appriciate it.

       The Next Stage is coming Soon...
Trivia: I was also inspired by the MYST game series(just felt like adding that)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 7, 2009, 01:35:32 AM
Well, I can't claim credit for the wall shoving. It was Starky that gave the idea, but I was the one who acted upon it when the time came...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 7, 2009, 07:07:03 AM
Aww, thought I would get the best idea XD.  O well, grats everyone.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 8, 2009, 05:40:41 PM
Sitting in the small room, you catch breath, and make a frightening discovery, there ar no buttons inside this room. The is nothing anywhere.
Panicing you stand up to try and pry open the doors, when suddenly the humming stops, there is a jolt and the doors open, this is the room you see before you
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room5.jpg)
STAGE  V
There is steam rising from a pool of light-bluish bubbling water, above you a vent spans a large portion of the celling, across the pool, a metal door and a panel which you cant make out.

:P Enjoy (and dont solve it too fast lol im still working on some of the rooms)

Note: Im going to get stricter about people making loosing moves and time constraints, careful what you say.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 8, 2009, 05:54:27 PM
Investigate the small rectangle next to the water, then test temperature of water using elbow
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 8, 2009, 06:10:03 PM
The "rectangle" is 3 groove lines and the pools edge, the grooves look like marks from a heavy object.
Stepping out of the box room and into Stage 5, you approach the pool.
Behind you the double doors close with a whisper.
You kneel down to reach the water, but even before your elbow touches it, you feel a burning, scalding heat coming off of it. Hot steam condenses on your arm, and you pull back quickly, the burning pain pulsing in your nerves.

Ill give you 10 bucks to drink some  ;D
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 8, 2009, 06:32:17 PM
remove shoe and throw it into the water
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 8, 2009, 07:55:29 PM
I carefully look into the water (don't touch it). Can anything be seen beneath the surface?

While I'm at it, I'll look around the part of the room I am on; is there anything on the fourth wall?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 8, 2009, 08:09:10 PM
You are now down to one shoe. That was pointless  >:( very unhappy face lol

Looking down trying to see beneath the waters bubling surface, you cant see anything in particular, merely the pools floor and two pipes on either wall that feed into the pool.
You turn around to face the doors behind you,
this is what you see.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/Stage5.jpg)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: the_nash on April 8, 2009, 08:14:31 PM
hey thought i might join in.

Inspect the the object/symbol/rectangle thing on the left side of the doors
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 8, 2009, 09:04:17 PM
Observe the grey ceiling, why is there a distinction?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 8, 2009, 10:24:02 PM
All are welcome.  :)

Here is the panel on the fourth wall by the doors.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/SDR1.jpg)
[The black lines criss-crossing about are slots]

The celling is mostly covered by the metal of vent above. [The Black line is there for separation purposes, it is not a groove or marking or anything]

Trivia: I knew I needed this room but I origionaly had no idea how to make a solution
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Talon Undecided on April 8, 2009, 10:29:27 PM
Right, are those buttons? Do they move along the black lines?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 8, 2009, 10:52:46 PM
They are disks attached to rods that slide along the slots.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 9, 2009, 12:22:17 AM
I can't help but feel that we need to slide the rods into a pattern. C for cold? A down arrow? A V for "Level V"?

I'll try sliding one of the rods (let's go with the topmost one). Does it slide freely? Can I easily slide it around the corners, especially at the "intersection" of the slots? Can I get it to touch the rod that is on the vertical part of that intersection?

Once I've established whether it can do these things or not, I will put it back to its original position to ponder the problem some more.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 9, 2009, 12:48:50 AM
From what I can understand of this sequence, its not too different from Bioshock. You need to use these disks like waypoints from one to another. Based on how they slide, it is only one disk per line, which is enough to cover each intersection. These disks channel the regulator's power from one end to another. Problem is, I don't know how to represent me doing this without creating an elaborate post.

I'm going to hit the Initiate button just to see where it starts.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 9, 2009, 12:53:03 AM
The rod/disk moves freely with little clicking noises about its slot and can make turns at any other the intersections.
NOTE: obviously the outer most rectangle (black line) is not a slot but the edge of the "slot sliding" area.

Pressing the "Initiate" button, there is a breif hum.
*deet* (a electronic noise from the mecanisim)

The Subaquatic Regulator is currently unmoved from the default position
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 9, 2009, 01:44:34 AM
After a read of all this, I think may participate.

Okay, so, examining the control panel style thingy, I slide the bottom most disc upward, to the first intersection, then up, to the next intersection, and press Initiate (fingers crossed I don't get killed in my first post).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 9, 2009, 02:00:37 AM
After moving the disk and pressing "Initiate" there is a low humming for about 10 seconds.
it then stops

The Subaquatic Regulator is now in the position as indicated in the above post.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 9, 2009, 07:08:10 AM
Just to be crazy I shall now hit "Reset" and see if it has any major impact (I doubt it will though, lol).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on April 9, 2009, 08:53:01 AM
Well if nothing happens do what he said before that and turn around to see if anything happens
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 9, 2009, 08:54:27 AM
Haha, of course, I haven't turned around to look, have I? Curse my sleepy brain!

Okay before I press reset I want to see if there is any change in the water. If not, go for it. ;D
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on April 9, 2009, 09:00:10 AM
GRRR! you've made my post obsolete. I think I've got it you stand in the rectangle after you've moved the disc things about. something will rise up from the water it will move you across to the next and so on until you reach the other side. No you have to shut down the heating systemthen wade across to the other side.

I'm going to start from the bottom up and move them onto the intersections
1:slide right onto the first intersection
2:Same as 1
3:slide up to first intersection
4:left to first intersection
5:Down to second intersection
6:left to first intersection then go down to the next
7&8:slide downish to first intersection
9:slide across to the right

Press initiate, and turn around then, inspect the water. If its cooled down wade across, if not don't do anything.

Note to self:try not to get electrocuted javascript:void(0);
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Firelord. on April 9, 2009, 12:26:11 PM
I think i'm going to give up.

I'm not interested enough to consentrate and mostly just make everyone confused.

So i will now move all the slider thingies on the panel so they are as far down as possible, then i will press initiate.

Check the outcome and if nothing happens.

Press ESC and then quit game.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 9, 2009, 01:56:34 PM
I think i'm going to give up.

I'm not interested enough to consentrate and mostly just make everyone confused.

So i will now move all the slider thingies on the panel so they are as far down as possible, then i will press initiate.

Check the outcome and if nothing happens.

Press ESC and then quit game.


...

This puzzle is already hard enough to represent our actions on. Shoving all the disks down then quitting is a bit of BS. Basically you're just quitting.


Grimfang. This puzzle any ideas how we can represent our actions on this panel easier? I'm starting to think it will be difficult to interpret what eachother is doing on this contraption eventually.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Plague Tower of Nurgle on April 9, 2009, 02:09:13 PM
why not take the picture of the panel, save it on your compy, edit it in paint (draw little arrows to where you want to move stuff) and then once you have it on your hosting site say "i make the panel look like this:" and post ur pic.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 9, 2009, 06:28:23 PM
Alas this is my least favorite (and least thought out) solution.
I have therefore made The SUBAQUATIC REGULATOR VERSION 2.

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/SDR2.jpg)
Now all u have to do is list the intersection points you want the disks at. No editing required.
Example list ( as shown in pic)
B2
H2
C5
H6
B7
E7
D9
F10
H10
B11
I12

I hope this is easier for everyone and I hope players will communicate better

Addressing all previous actions
After moving the disks and pressing "Initiate" there is humming heard, this time for about 90 seconds.
Turning to observe the water you see nothing different, except for during the humming the water seems to ebb a little, and the bubbling intensifies.
Seeing nothing change you turn and hit "Reset"
90 seconds of humming and bubble intensifying
*deet* (a electronic noise from the mecanisim)


Hint: Things past have been overlooked
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 9, 2009, 07:05:12 PM
I think I may be stealing and idea from before, but I will now move the disks again.

I will move one to be at E12. One to be at C11 and one at G11. One to be at I10 and one at A10. Now I shall move one to E10, E8, E6, E4, E2, and E1, then hit initiate.

Oh, and then I will turn around to observe the water, and if nothing has changed, I will approach it and test the heat by holding my hand out over it (but not too close it, retracting quickly if it is still the same temperature, or hotter). If nothing changes then I will hit reset and try something else later.

If something does change, for example the water is drained or cools off (to a withstandable temperature, I will wade/swim through (I know how to swim, right?) to the other side and observe the little panel I cannot make out from over the other side.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 9, 2009, 07:56:27 PM
-Moves disks

-Hits initiate; humming for 100 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)

-No visual change or change in water temp. (oooh thats hot :-[)

- Hits reset; humming for 100 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)
*deet*

Yes you know how to swim/wade.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 10, 2009, 03:09:52 AM

You turn around to face the doors behind you,
this is what you see.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/Stage5.jpg)

I'm going to take a short break from the control panel and take a closer look at the doors I came through. In particular, I want to examine that thicker line on the left (closest to the control panel). I had initially thought that it was just representing some depth (i.e. that the doors were sunk into the wall), but I'm not so sure anymore.

Also, I would advise people to stop messing with the control panel for a bit; the humming is lasting longer and longer each time, and I don't really think that that is a good thing.

Finally, Grimfang, when we finally solve the control panel, you'll have to show us the solution to Version 1!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 10, 2009, 03:35:30 AM
The line is there to show depth, but good observation Rudkin.
Of course Ill show you version 1's solution (its very simular to this versions solution)

Make sure to read previous GM posts, as they may hold important information.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 10, 2009, 03:00:09 PM
"Damn you, Subaquatic Regulator!"

I slide  the 11 pieces into this formation.

B2  E2  H2
B6  H6
B11  E11  H11

F4  F8  D6

Then Initiate.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 10, 2009, 03:17:29 PM
Trying to make a "C" are we?

-Moves disks

-Hits initiate; humming for 90 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)

-No visual change or change in water temp.

(Likely your next action)
- Hits reset; humming for 90 seconds. (bubbles intesify and calm when humming stops)
*deet*

All information needed to escape including an overlooked clue has been provided.
If your absolutely desperate for a hint PM me (but beware, I wont let you "hint" your way out)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 10, 2009, 07:22:41 PM
Hm... alright, let's see what we know:

We clearly need to get to the other side of this pool (since the doors we came through "closed with a whisper" and are not likely to take us anywhere but back to the gas chamber).

There is a pool of very hot light-blue liquid (most likely water, but it could be something much nastier). There are two pipes that feed the pool. There is also one of our shoes in the pool.

There is a spot with grooved likely formed from a heavy object. In a previous room we found a weight (equal to twice our body weight) that mentioned TWO glass floors. We already dealt with one glass floor, but have not seen a second one.

There is a mysterious panel with rods that move with a clicking noise. It makes the water bubble and froth whenever initiated or reset (for either 90 or 100 seconds), and also makes a "deet" noise afterwards.
EDIT: The duration of the "ebb" and bubbling may be related to how many and/or how far the discs are moved....

There is a caution sign warning us of dangerous temperatures (presumably warning about the liquid).

Anything else I missed, players?

~~~~~~~~~

With all that in mind, I'm going to examine that groove in the floor some more. How deep is it? Is it about the same size as the weight from the earlier room? What is directly above it on the ceiling (I shall stand in the square and look straight up)?


60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 10, 2009, 11:12:25 PM
Rudkin, we're underneath Stage 3. If Grimfang is strict about spatial consistency  ;)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JackofBlades on April 11, 2009, 02:43:13 AM
Can I reach the roster above the liquid?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 11, 2009, 04:12:59 AM


There is a pool of very hot light-blue liquid (most likely water, but it could be something much nastier). There are two pipes that feed the pool. There is also one of our shoes in the pool.


I put my shoe in the pool to see if it would affect it if it was like acid instead of teh assumed water  ???
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 11, 2009, 04:54:43 AM
It is water I assure you.

The shoe doesnt dissolve and ill let you have it back (you might need it lol its non-vital)

True you are in fact spacially beneath Stage III & Stage IV (this is of no import to the solution at hand)

You cannot reach the celling and cannot gain purchase on the wals.

The grooves are not deep at all (more like scratches) that are approximately the size of the pyramid weight from before, there is nothing on the celling above the scratch marks.

The Subaquatic Regulator is currently in the Default position
The room is thickening with steam
I cant wait till you solve this one. ;D
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 11, 2009, 06:05:14 AM
This is the room you see before you
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room5.jpg)
STAGE  V
There is steam rising from a pool of light-bluish bubbling water, above you a vent spans a large portion of the celling, across the pool, a metal door and a panel which you cant make out.
Alright, five things:
- Are any of the rods removable? I try to pull each one out of the panel.
- I shall go up to the edge of the pool and squint at that panel I can't make out. I don't imagine I can make it out any better now, but I'll try for a brief moment.
- I shall examine the edge of the pool (the edge I am beside, to be clear). Very close to the rightmost side is a small bump (in the picture, anyway).... What is that?
- I examine both the left and right walls. Is there a similar panel that was hiding the previous weight? Is there anything of interest on those walls at all?
- With all this steam, do I notice any condensation, like what I might find on my mirror after a hot shower? (I figure I may as well ask....)

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 11, 2009, 11:49:57 AM
I stand on the area in between the grooves and then jump up.  As I am coming down, I kick out at the ground to simulate the force that the weight would exert on the same spot for just that instant.  Then I see if anything happened.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on April 11, 2009, 03:39:06 PM
I'm thinking one thing at this point just wade across the water, boiling or not. That seems too simple but maybe that is the point. Hmm, I need to think. My analysis is complete, I have no clue at all. Can the Subaquatic circuit board be moved or ripped out of the wall. Can we see solution for number 1
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 11, 2009, 06:09:41 PM
I'm thinking one thing at this point just wade across the water, boiling or not. That seems too simple but maybe that is the point. Hmm, I need to think. My analysis is complete, I have no clue at all. Can the Subaquatic circuit board be moved or ripped out of the wall. Can we see solution for number 1

blinky, Grimfang said that the solution to #1 is similar to #2. That would be cheating. We just need to keep thinking and working together. You could also PM Grimfang for a clue.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 11, 2009, 07:02:05 PM
Been lurking on this thread for a while, but this one is looking the trickiest yet. I have a couple of ideas:

First, I noticed that the number of knobs in the first diagram (reply 256 I think) is different to the number of knobs in version 2 (reply 271). First version has 9, second has 11. So the layout of the lines/tracks in version 1, and number of knobs, is not relevant to the solution?

Also, see if anyone else has an idea about this, but the grille in the ceiling, is that a grid pattern too?

Lastly, with the increase in bubbling, and thickening of steam, has the water level dropped any due to evaporation? Longshot maybe, but could all of the water eventually boil away?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 12, 2009, 03:46:51 AM
The grid appears to just be inverted V's faceing into each other to me...?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 13, 2009, 02:30:52 AM
The rods are not removeable and the SR Panel cannot be moved, destroyed, ect.

Sorry about the little blob, its an accident

Squinting, you still cant make out the panel across the pool.

There is nothing of interest on any of the walls, except maybe the condensation of steam, which collects on the walls and trickels into the pool.

Nothing happens when the weight is "simuated" on the scratched area

Correct Argos, I cant reveal the solution until you guys beat this room.And you can PM me for hints

Quote
First, I noticed that the number of knobs in the first diagram (reply 256 I think) is different to the number of knobs in version 2 (reply 271). First version has 9, second has 11. So the layout of the lines/tracks in version 1, and number of knobs, is not relevant to the solution?
But No.2 has more lines does it not?

The grille in the celling doesnt have to do with the Regulator.

That would be possible were the pool not being fed by those underwater pipes.

The steam is hot and your clothes have started getting humid
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 13, 2009, 04:06:02 AM
Can i open the doors next to the SAR?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Lord Tyrannicus on April 13, 2009, 05:08:25 AM
Hey guys.

Thought I might have a go.

Using the SAR slide all the knobs to A1 through to A11, hit initiate.

While the machine hums examine the water and check the heat of both sides of the pool, is it now hotter on the left side?

~ Lord Tyrannicus
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 13, 2009, 03:53:52 PM
Prying away at the the "entrance" doors you gain little purchase and even pulling them apart from each other with your full strength is difficult.
on the other side of the doors is the small room you were moved in, or the "elevator" (though it is not certain that the "elevator" is or is not capable of sideways travel)

The doors are held open only by you keeping your body between them.
they will close if you slip through either into the "elevator" or back into Stage V.


-Moves Disks
-Humming and bubbling for 90 seconds

While the machine works you inspect the pool.
The bubbling seems to be universal, and the left side of the pool is no hotter than the right or the center.

The Subaquatic Regulator is Currently positioned in the the manor of the post above
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 13, 2009, 06:15:29 PM
Question: Can I determine the direction the humming is coming from, or does it just seem to come from all directions?

~~~~~~~

Without pressing "reset" I try moving the A1 disk to I1. Hopefully this will do something of interest.

Once I have finished moving the disk (and after any humming stops, if it hums at all) I shall hit "Initiate" again and move the top disk back to A1 while the machine is humming.

(Note: this is all done without ever touching "reset".)

60659

EDIT: Also, is the fact that row between "9" and "11" actually marked as "0" a mistake? Is it supposed to read as "10" or as "0"?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 13, 2009, 09:00:40 PM
You cannot determine the direction of the humming except that it is in the direction of the pool.

THe rods cannot be moved once the Initiate button has been pressed, until the Reset button is pressed.

Its to be read as 10

Good Questions.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 13, 2009, 09:18:35 PM
I will move the discs so they are in these positions: I0, H9, H11, A0, B9, B11, H0, F0, E0, D0, B0.

I'm not sure if this will work...but...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 13, 2009, 09:36:19 PM
-Moves disks
-Hits initiate
-Humming and bubbleing for 150 seconds

No visual change in pool and surrounding area,
No change in water temperature.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 14, 2009, 02:33:33 AM
Well it would appear that the amount of time it takes to reset is entirely dependant on where the rods are....

...So maybe it is telling us if we are "hot" or "cold"? (Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun.)

Hitting Reset, I will then move the rods to:

I9
G10, H10, I10
G11, H11, I11
F12, G12, H12, I12

I don't quite know why, but hopefully it will tell us something.

(Maybe they need to be close together? Or far apart? Or down low? Or up high? To the left? To the right? I'm quite baffled right now, so I'm just guessing.)

Given what Grimfang said about the number of slots in relation to the number of discs, has anyone thought of how they might relate to each other? It may help.


As always, I'll observe the water temperature. I'll also take a look to see if the vent is taking in any more steam or not and to see if the pipes are changing at all.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 14, 2009, 04:14:11 AM
-Hits Reset
-Humming and bubbling for 180 seconds
*deet*
-No visual or temp change
-Moves disks
-Presses Initiate
-Humming and bubbling for 90 seconds
-No visual or temp change

The vent is not taking in any steam and the underwater pipes havent changed (and are still feeding water into the pool)

Version number 1 and version number 2 have a very simular solution.

A few of you have it going, I told you they would get harder  ;),
Think about what you need to to do escape, and whats been provided to you in relation to escaping ( pretty much whats fact and whats speculation)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Cakes on a plane on April 14, 2009, 05:11:23 AM
Okay. To escape we need to either get across the water and see what it says on that panel and possibly exit through either the door or the vent if nescacarry.

To do that we either need to cool the water to a suitable temperature or drain the pool. The obvious way it seems to do this is to make the SAR do something spectacular
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on April 14, 2009, 05:19:48 AM
Hmm we are in a room full of water and are playing around with electrical devices. Sounds fun. Fill your shoe up with water and pour the water on the control panel and slide all the knobs so they are all next to each other and try and overload the circuit. javascript:void(0);
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 14, 2009, 02:39:27 PM
The panel is shock/overload proof, you accomplish nothing, now your wearing two squishy wet shoes
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on April 14, 2009, 08:52:24 PM
Maybe the panel will make a path or something like that? We could try making a line from one end to the other and investigating.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 15, 2009, 01:24:20 AM
Hm. I'll try again (I don't remember if the Reset button was hit; if the rods don't move, I'll obviously hit it and then set them up in the following pattern):
A11, I11
A12, B12, C12, D12, E12, F12, G12, H12, I12.

It is similar to when someone earlier talked about "moving all the disks down as far as possible" which I don't think was ever actually executed.

Also, we've done the vertical line, so I figured the solid horizontal line would be a good idea. The other bit of logic was that the last pattern to be mostly horizontal ended up with the longest whirr at 150sec (barring the rather odd 180sec. reset). Perhaps this will get an even longer whirr?

Of course, I shall hit Initiate and do the usual "check the temperature at various points of the pool" thing, along with as much general observation about the room as possible during the whirring.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: speedy on April 15, 2009, 03:14:48 PM
Cool game your running here! 
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 15, 2009, 11:55:16 PM
im going to try the obvious... I wanna slide ino the elevator, by prying open the door.  Im going to try getting to the spiked floor of stage 3, and try bringing it back to he room, to place it on the spot with the grooves.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Lord Tyrannicus on April 16, 2009, 12:36:31 AM
If you mean trying to get the pyramid from stage 3, I don't think it will work because Skullydeath died trying to get back to stage 3.

May as well give it a go though, not me who's dying.

~ Lord Tyrannicus
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 17, 2009, 05:30:28 PM
-Moves disks
-Hits initiate
-Humming and bubbleing for 180 seconds

No visual change in pool and surrounding area,
No change in water temperature.

There are no buttons on the inside of the elevator, and no way in or out save the two doors. If you still want to go in ok, but you've been warned.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 17, 2009, 08:22:04 PM
Hm... Alright, let's see what happens when I set up the discs like this (hitting Reset, then Initiate once I've got them in the new pattern):

A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1, I1
A2, I2

As usual, I'll look for any changes in the pool, the room and (this time) the panel itself.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 20, 2009, 07:35:08 AM
has this thread gone dead?  No updates or new ideas...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 20, 2009, 02:48:56 PM
No not dead. Im having increasing issue with getting on the computer.

-Hits reset
-Humming and bubbleing for 200 seconds
-Moves disks
-Hits initiate
-Humming and bubbleing for 180 seconds

No visual change in pool and surrounding area,
No change in water temperature.

Ill give you a final hint in the form of a biblical reference
  HINT: John 6:16-21
(im not religious btw so dont wonder why its a biblical reference)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 20, 2009, 03:20:25 PM
Stumbled across. Really neat :) Figured I'd drop in.

Quote
The celling is mostly covered by the metal of vent above.

Does the vent grating completely cross the boiling pool? If it does, jump up and try to grab the bars in the vent grating and monkey bar across.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: argos5 on April 20, 2009, 03:35:14 PM
Miracles...

Let's try this.

E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9

C5, D5, F5, G5.

Its morphin' time! "Initiate"!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 20, 2009, 04:45:44 PM
Ill give you a final hint in the form of a biblical reference
  HINT: John 6:16-21
(im not religious btw so dont wonder why its a biblical reference)
I don't like the sounds of this... I looked that up; it's a passage about Jesus walking on water. I shall get on my stomach beside the pool and look closely to see if there is anything I might be able to step on safely (a clear beam or something, maybe). We know that there isn't a solid sheet over the water, because we managed to get both of our shoes wet, but there may be a glass plank or something....

...although at this point it would likely be visible; steam would presumably have condensed on it, allowing us to see it. That is, assuming that it isn't currently underwater (I assume that it would have been mentioned when I looked in the pool before, if we were able to see it, but I'll take another glance to the bottom of the pool just to be sure that has not changed).

Well, let's hope that argos5's cross-pattern works (as a side note, the cross pattern might have worked in the top right corner of the original puzzle... maybe. At least there was room for it). Things are getting uncomfortably steamy in here.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 20, 2009, 05:28:39 PM
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/SDR2.jpg)

I 1-10, 12

Press initiate

Then I go, take my shoe and use it to poke the water at the far right side of the tank.  If it does not hit something solid then I do the same to the far right.  If I hit something solid then I will walk across, being careful about the missing step at 11, jump to the far side, and then go through the door.

If I cannot feel anything when it is at I, then I align it the same way at E so as to align it with the grooves in the floor and try again.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 20, 2009, 06:40:55 PM
Groan........ It just dawned on me. Has anyone looked in the pool after pressing initiate? Place the rods in a single column (I-1, I-2, I-3, I-4... I-11), hit initiate, and watch the surface of the water for a line of raising posts. With 11 posts and 12 slots, theres a gap at the end, but you could hop across once you're that close.

Follow-up: What azore said. Didn't read prior posts as this hit me and I just rushed in a reply :P
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 20, 2009, 08:28:51 PM
You cannot reach the vent.

Making a cross and pressing initate, there is a blinding flash of light....
the pool is now boiling holy water (you'll need this to defeat the vampire army thats taken the city) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmL2jX7M2M)

This is a joke (i told you it didnt have anything to do with religion)

After moving the disks, pressing initiate and waiting 180 seconds for the intense bubbling to stop, you remove your shoe and prod the water on the right....
two feet out you reach and poke, in the water about 3 inches down your shoe hits something solid.
But you cant see anything in the water....
You replace your shoe and step lightly to where you prodded.......
Your foot hits the solid plate glass disk 3 inches beneath the bubbling surface, the shoe protects your foot from the hot glass and water.
You stand on the disk and it holds your weight. Using the wall as a guide you step along the invisibly clear glass disks, making a blind leap off the first disk to the second. Quickly you are across the pool. You step to the metal door and twist the handle, the door swings open and you step through.
"Stage V Complete"

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/firstout.jpg) First Out Award: azore24 (first to action post correct solution)

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/honosable.jpg) Honorable Mention Award: ShasO Kodel (also for posting solution, if not a little late)

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/thinker.jpg) Good Idea Award: Rudkin (for figuring things out before everyone elses did, and for all around good observation and ideas)

Next stage and vesion 1 solution to be posted soon.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: the_nash on April 21, 2009, 05:31:54 AM
lol that took awhile to solve.

First one we needed i hint...

Did the older regulator you had the beginning have much of a different solution to this one?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 21, 2009, 04:12:54 PM
heres the origional and its solution
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/SDR3.jpg)

For version 2, I would have accepted any reasonable path across the pool.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 21, 2009, 06:49:59 PM
Interesting stuff! I look forward to the next puzzle.

So was the variable time thing just a ruse, or was there a point to it? I presume the marking on the floor from the weight was just a hint that there was a glass floor, or was there actually some way of getting a weight there (moreover, would it actually have done anything)?

Oh, and before we exit the room, I want to examine that sign by the door that I couldn't make out before!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on April 21, 2009, 07:37:46 PM
Ok, so the idea is to make a path. Can someone figure out said coordinates for a line across (I'm busy ATM)?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on April 21, 2009, 08:37:49 PM
Um...
We already did...

Check the last page...

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 22, 2009, 04:30:36 AM
Quote from:  Facility Matainence and Basic Engeneering: Stage 5; Article 3.2
"The Subaquatic Regulator moves the glass daias' around the pool via sub-floor tracks, one at a time, the more the platforms move from the default position the longer it will take the mechanisim. The Operator may notice intense bubbling and humming coming from the pool while the mechanisim is prossesing the inputed platform locations."

Quote from:  Facility Matainence and Basic Engeneering: Stage 2; Article 4.7
"A certified counterweight must be kept in the locked storage niche to ensure proper operation of the facilities functions. The counterweight must be certifiably sustainable for the glass floor/platforms of Stage 3 & 5 and be marked as such. Note: Use of counterweight is strictly limited to Stage 3 functions. Improper use of equipment is in violation of contract and Terms of Use.

Before leaving Stage5 you glace at the panel near the door
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/panel3.jpg)
You shrug and step into the next room.
STAGE 7
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/room6.jpg)
It is a long wide rectangular room, much of the walls look to be welded and bolted metal
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: the_nash on April 22, 2009, 04:53:28 AM
Hmmm. I'm going to say the danger here is electricity

are the soles of our shoes rubber? or otherwise made of a material that does not conduct electricity?

I could be going in the wrong direction with this though
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Lord Tyrannicus on April 22, 2009, 04:58:46 AM
Inspect the stage v11 door, the sign, all the walls and the white strips on the floor.

~ Lord Tyrannicus
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 22, 2009, 10:51:44 AM
And lastly, is there anything on the rear wall, or is it another sheet of grey metal?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 22, 2009, 02:56:13 PM
Your shoes have (thin) rubber soles, but will not however proect you from electricity.

The Stage VII door is metal and looks like any of the other doors. The sign is a sign. The white-ish strips and dots are welding marks and bolts of no importance.

(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/backofstage7.jpg)
The door you came through is open
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on April 22, 2009, 03:30:08 PM
Um...
We already did...

Check the last page...

-B

Um, Ya. My bad (reply was sitting in the post reply stage, left, came back several hours later, hit reply).

Also, rubber soles would offer no protection to electricity that is presumably strong enough to fry us really quickly!

I investigate the power levels bar thingy
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 22, 2009, 03:57:22 PM
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/powerdevice-1.jpg)


Can you spot the meme? Its only there for teh lulz...

EDIT: The picture has been changed for your benifit
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 22, 2009, 04:00:44 PM
"Don't let it get OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!"

Are those buttons/what intaractability is there?

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 22, 2009, 05:34:40 PM
So there are 3 doors? Stage VI, Stage VII, and the power levels door?

...Whats behind door number 2? Or is that just a button against the wall?

Also, is there any sign that the electricity we're all instantly assuming is running through the floor right now is actually doing so? Is there a smell of ozone, a humming from the floor, or any electrostatic stuff (hair standing up, older type  teeth filings humming)? Seeing as how all those bars are at the bottom, it might be off.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 22, 2009, 05:43:14 PM
Do the white parts of the floor seem to be made of metal like the grey bits? If it is clearly made of plastic or some other insulator, I walk over to the stage VI door and have a lock.

As you have just completed stage 5, and this room is stage 7, I think we need to go through the VI door first.

And to confirm, the power levels thing is on the wall by the door we came through?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 22, 2009, 06:39:02 PM
This is seeming more like stage 5.5, at stage VII is through the door across the grey floor
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 22, 2009, 07:14:16 PM
The picture in this post  (http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=180064.msg2222423#msg2222423)has been changed for your benifit

There is one LED display (black bar with colored level marks)
and 1 big red button.

3 doors. 1) entance 2) door across the room by sign (assumed exit) 3) Door marked "Stage VI"

There is nothing to imply that High Voltage maybe running through the room. (except the sign)

The white floor is plastic of some sort (non-conductive).
The Door marked Stage VI is made of metal and is locked.
The Power Levels panel is by the door you entered.


Warning:More people are going to loose these next few stages, unless they can figure out what not to do. insert maniacal laugh here  :D
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Lord Tyrannicus on April 22, 2009, 08:02:59 PM
I'm going to press the BIG RED BUTTON!

~ Lord Tyrannicus
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 22, 2009, 08:03:55 PM
Well, I'll take the risk and tap the grey floor with two fingers. If I do not get shocked, I'll walk across and try the door marked Stage VII. If I do, I'll ignore the Evil Overlords rule and push the big red button to see what happens. Hopefully I won't get a spray of bullets :)

Update: Or I'll just try the floor and let Tyrannicus take the spray of bullets :D (missed death by 57 seconds there)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 22, 2009, 09:39:09 PM
What material is the "entrance" door made out of? Looking at the door (both sides and the edge) does it appear to have a lock mechanism? From the picture it appears that its knob is a different colour than the other doors (grey not red). Does it look like there is some way that the knob would change colours (for example if it is locked it is red, if it is unlocked it is grey)? I'll also carefully look at the inside of the door frame (without touching it!). The gas chamber required the door to be closed; I suspect the same might be the case here... which means I'd like very much to leave it open for now.

~~~~~~~~~

I think I'll see what the others do before I do anything more than my door observations, though. (Call me a coward, but at least I stand a better chance of surviving! Your sacrifices are appreciated!)

As a side note, why oh why did we have to get our shoes wet?! :P
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 23, 2009, 12:05:31 AM
-Presses B.R.B. ....... nothing
- Reaches down to touch floor.............. ..................N othing, the metal floor is cold.(and you best not Ignore the "Evil Overlords rules" as you'll end up with a moderator giving you a lecture on netiquette. :P (Skully Chaos has been kind enough to follow the rule)

-The Door across the room (by the sign) is locked.

- The "entrance door" is made of metal, the handle color is of no importance here as it is only colored differently than the other doors to help distinguish which is which.
the Door is made of metal and the door frame contains a heavy locking mechanism.

Where did you get "Spray of Bullets" from?
and enjoy your squishy shoed doom!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SkullyChaos on April 23, 2009, 12:10:38 AM
(Skully Chaos has been kind enough to follow the rule)

Even when I had figured out how to walk on water days and days ago... being incorporeal sucks!!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 23, 2009, 12:30:03 AM
Hmmm. Well, at least we know we're not in immediate danger.

Is the electrical sign on the far wall movable? Also, are the plastic slabs flush with the floor, or are they more like mats? It almost looks like you have a short mat and a long one. Applying my powers of divination, I'm guessing that the door for VII requires the floor to be energized, and well need to make sure those are in place so we don't get fried :)

...One last thing. Poke my head back through the entrance door to Stage V. The sign that talks about the device not being used at this time, is that mounted below another control panel, or is the sign all there is?

Evil Overlords Rule #85: No important functions shall be linked to large, red buttons. In addition, my command center shall contain one large red button that reads "Do Not Push," and will unleash a spray of bullets on any stupid enough to ignore the warning :)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 23, 2009, 12:44:46 AM
I am going to go back into the previous room for a moment and look around the "Please Proceed to Next Room" sign for any hidden panels or what have you. Next I will attempt to remove the "Please Proceed to Next Room" sign (after all, you just said that the yellow triangular signs were not removable, not any of the other ones).

I suspect we will have to close the "entrance" door and then push the Red Button, but I want to see if there is anything to find in the steam room before I close the door.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 23, 2009, 01:00:37 AM
The Plastic section of the floor is attached to the metal floor and cannot be pried up or moved.
The electrical sign is just that a sign.

The panel in Stage 5 remains as is and cannot be removed.

Quote from:  Facility Maintenance and Basic Engineering:Stage 1; Cleaning and Care for Hydraulic Impalement Device
Stage 1 normally requires is a class D clean-up, as any test subjects that fail to escape the chamber must be completely removed from the mechanism before the chamber can function again. As of this writing, new auto-wipers are being installed in the spike wells, which will mean that cleaning the spikes of debris, remains, and residue will be brought to a minimum.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 23, 2009, 01:45:56 AM
That seems to be the last option Rudkin.

After closing the entrance door, try holding the red button down as opposed to pressing it, since that seemed to have no effect.

Also, probably just a nit, you say that the entrance door frame has a heavy locking mechanism. Is there some other equipment built into the frame, or that its just a really big deadbolt?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 23, 2009, 03:47:30 AM
Closing the entrance door, it clicks into place and suddenly there is a buzz and several heavy deadbolts lock the door simultaneously.
There is another brief buzz and suddenly the room begins to humm.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 23, 2009, 05:22:28 AM
Inspect the "Power Levels" panel.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 23, 2009, 06:25:36 AM
Put my hand behind by back (left hand) for the rest of the level.  This way I can freely manipulate the doors without being shocked.  Any walking I do will also be hopping on one foot.  I then try to open the two exit doors.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 23, 2009, 01:37:11 PM
Haha azore is rockin the physics.

Since the floor is now electrified, i go to the panel and push the red button again, looking for changes in the levels.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 24, 2009, 01:10:06 AM
(I trust it can be assumed that I re-entered the room and then closed the door, as the others have. I would hate to be locked out! If it cannot be assumed, I shall tell you now that that is what I am doing.)

I, too, will inspect the power level panel to see where it is at and/or what it is doing (after having closed the door, as mentioned above).

azore24... something tells me that even with your left hand tied behind your back hopping on one foot you will probably get seriously hurt if you venture out onto that metal floor. Just a suspicion, but I do hope I am wrong (for your sake).


By the way, were the door knobs also metal? I don't recall asking....

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 24, 2009, 02:42:36 PM
The Power Levels panel is now emmiting a faint buzz. The LED display is powered.

You step towards the door marked "Stage VI", you reach for the metal knob........no dice, the door is locked, but thankfully you recive no shock (not bc of the 1 arm behind your back, hop on one foot thing though. your in for a nasty suprise if you think that will save you) You gingerly step out onto the metal floor..... nothing. You walk to the door.....nothing. The 2 "exit" doors are locked.

Walking back to the panel you reach out and press the B.R.B.
...... The device buzzes and a small indicator light appears beneath the number 1,000

The metal doors have metal knobs.

Magic 8-ball says: Victims in near future
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 24, 2009, 03:09:37 PM
Considering at this point we need more information on operations before risking electrocution, I reach out and press the BRB again.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 24, 2009, 10:22:19 PM
-Presses B.R.B.
-L.E.D indicator moves up to 2,000 with a buzz
*click-chack*
(unlocking sound from direction of "entrance" door)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 24, 2009, 10:30:01 PM
Press the button again.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 24, 2009, 11:38:30 PM
Wait, before Saracenar does that, I open the entrance door and make sure nothings changed in the previous room
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 24, 2009, 11:50:01 PM
The "entrance" is unlocked and the room before is unchanged (including the panel)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 25, 2009, 12:50:18 AM
(Yay! The unlocked door didn't kill anyone!)

With the "Entrance" door once again ajar, I'd like to take another look at the LED indicators. Is it still at 2000?

Moreover, is there still an electrical hum in the room?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 02:04:01 AM
-Its still at 2,000
-There is still a hum

Players: 1 wrong move and you join Skullychaos, dont be sure of anything, except what I say as fact.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 25, 2009, 03:00:42 AM
Alright... so let's see what we know:
- Doors VI and VII are locked.
- Pushing the BRB before the door was closed did nothing.
- Closing the "Entrance" door activated the room (which was not, at that time, lethal) and locked the Entrance door.
- Pushing the BRB caused the energy to increase to 1000 (the first interval).
- Pushing the BRB a SECOND time caused the energy to 2000 (the second interval) AND unlocked the Entrance door.

We now have two options: We can either close the door again, or push the BRB again. (I do NOT believe that stepping onto the metal floor is a safe option, so I am not even going to consider it.)

ASSUMPTION TIME:

If we push the BRB with the Entrance door still open, it might not do anything (since it did nothing the last time the Entrance door was ajar). HOWEVER, the room is now active (and at 2000), meaning that pushing the button with the door ajar could cause the lock mechanism to malfunction and kill us.

We should, on the other hand, be able to close the Entrance door safely; we opened it without harm (we know this because we were able to gain information regarding the current state of the Steam Room), and nothing has changed (that we can tell).

If we close the door and push the BRB again, the energy level will most likely increase again, and another door may or may not unlock. This is, however, just a guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I am going to take the risk and push the BRB with the Entrance Door still ajar. We may learn more this way (namely, if the BRB requires all doors to be closed in order to work safely or at all).

Wish me luck....

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 03:35:56 AM
-Door open
-Pushes button, nothing happens.
-Room still humming
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 25, 2009, 03:49:58 AM
Phew! I was quite worried!

At least we know that the button doesn't work with the Entrance door ajar. I will now close the Entrance Door (from inside the Metal Room).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 01:58:52 PM
-Closes door, nothing happens,
-Room is still humming with power levels indicator at 2,000.

Quote from:  Facility Matainence and Basic Engeneering. Stage II Artical 7.1
"Advised use of issued scraping tool to complete cleanup. The use of cleaning solvents must be generous as there is no natural drainage from this room. Also check the room for failed subjects possesions including but not limited to the coin and key origionaly provided the subject."
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 25, 2009, 02:04:18 PM
can I reach the stage VI door without stepping on the metal floor? (looks like I can in the picture, but I want to check) if I can, I walk over and look at, but don't touch, the VI door. Does it appear to have unlocked?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 02:13:17 PM
-You can acess the door marked Stage VI.
-It appears to be a door the same way it did before, there was no audio indication that it had unlocked, nor is there a physical one.

Assumptions are a double-edged knife
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 25, 2009, 02:15:25 PM
Lucked out there Rudkin. I was positive closing the entrance door again would close the circuit and fry you.

But now that the door is closed again, pushing the button should change the circumstances, as it was required last time. So unless Seriouscallersonly spots something different about the stage 6 door, I'll push the button and see was 3k does.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 25, 2009, 02:17:00 PM
So I'm guessing it has not unlocked, the doorknob will kill us and the floor will kill us.

Anyone else think that the only way forward is to press the button again? I'll do this in my NEXT post, but want to see if anyone else has ideas first.

ninja'd
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 02:20:00 PM
-Pushes button
-Power to 3,000
-Humming is now a bit louder

You for a brife moment feel just the slightest bit lightheaded.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 25, 2009, 02:28:27 PM
Hmmm... Well, unless more people want to try pushing the button to see if theres an eventual effect, I'll open the entrance door to break the circuit, then try to open the stage 6 door. If there's no effect, I'll shut the entrance door again. It seems like just driving the power up doesn't change much, but someone else can risk the next stroke :P.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 03:07:28 PM
You open the entrance door and peek into Stage 5, nothing has changed, turning back into the humming room you glance at the power levels panel, still buzzing at 3,000. Stepping over to the door marked STAGE VI you reach for the handle.
Your hand grips the knob, your arm is frozen in place, your body aches, your heart races, you sweat in fear. You cant move, only then do you realize that your body is shaking.
You fall to the floor, but it is already too late. Your sight goes white, and you no longer feel anything.......

ShasO Kodel is no more.

Assumtions are Dangerous
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 25, 2009, 03:16:33 PM
You open the entrance door and peek into Stage 5, nothing has changed, turning back into the humming room you glance at the power levels panel, still buzzing at 3,000. Stepping over to the door marked STAGE VI you reach for the handle.
Your hand grips the knob, your arm is frozen in place, your body aches, your heart races, you sweat in fear. You cant move, only then do you realize that your body is shaking.
You fall to the floor, but it is already too late. Your sight goes white, and you no longer feel anything.......

ShasO Kodel is no more.

Assumtions are Dangerous

Does this establish us in an alternate universe?  I ask because in my universe, current is split between parallel circuits.  The metal likely has a resistanec of a few ohms while the human body is on the order of hundreds of ohms.  Not to mention that he was standing on an insulated pad, and that there is no way that the electricity would arc up his hand, up his arm, and through his heart and apparently all of his nervous system like you say it did.

This is, of course, not important if this isn't electricity but...yeah.

I lay down and wait for others to solve this one for me.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 03:24:58 PM
Then consider it an alternate universe. Touch something electrified-get fried.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 25, 2009, 03:33:57 PM
I think (hope) that at one of the power levels the door to VI will unlock. Then whatever puzzle is in VI will help us to get across the floor into VII. The only action that seems to take us forward is to press the button again.


We should discuss this before taking further action, after ShasO's rash asumption that opening the door cuts the power, and subsequent demise.

No action from me yet.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 25, 2009, 03:36:51 PM
Then, in the interest of knowing, will my clothes conduct electricity?  If not, then I do the same action as before, but lay out my clothes to dry and take a quick nap.  It's been a harrowing day.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 25, 2009, 03:44:38 PM
Quote
We should discuss this before taking further action, after ShasO's rash assumption that opening the door cuts the power, and subsequent demise.

Thanks. Doesn't seem like anyone else is going to do much of anything, since its going to be a waiting game to see who gets to touch what next.

Quote
Assumptions are Dangerous

No offense grim, but like Azore pointed out, electricity doesn't behave like that. If you can't assume that standing on an insulated surface would protect you, you can't do anything, since the floor could arc to whomever pushes the button next. The door wasn't an assumption that it would prevent me from being electrocuted, but that breaking the circuit for the entrance door would power the Stage VI door.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 25, 2009, 03:50:57 PM
what I meant was, it was a bit rash to instruct two actions without waiting to see what happened after the first one.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 03:53:08 PM
Well for having jumped in mid-game you did very well ShasO Kodel.
Quote
We should discuss this before taking further action, after ShasO's rash assumption that opening the door cuts the power, and subsequent demise.
Quote
what I meant was, it was a bit rash to instruct two actions without waiting to see what happened after the first one.

I wouldnt call it rash, There wasnt enough evidence for ShasO Kodel to be sure of his moves, and he was sure of the result of his first move, and he knew the risks. And he was still ballsy enough to pull a tau and do something for the greater good.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 25, 2009, 04:04:42 PM
Quote
Then consider it an alternate universe.

Quote
There wasnt enough evidence for ShasO Kodel to be sure of his moves, and he was sure of the result of his first move, and he knew the risks.

Can argue about that, but the alternate universe info will at least be helpful in the future
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 25, 2009, 04:53:02 PM
I touch my shirt (once it has dried out) to the door, holding on to the other end.  Does it shock me?  (At this point, that would probably not kill me, though alternate universe and all...)

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 25, 2009, 05:11:44 PM
Your clothing wont save you from electrical shock, try something else.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 25, 2009, 05:16:29 PM
I take a nap.  Also, I check my inventory.

Azore of Ath-Ron

[edit]Will the floor continue to protect us, at least?[/edit]
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 25, 2009, 05:24:33 PM
sod it, I'll press the red button again.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mordechia on April 25, 2009, 07:29:25 PM
Hey i've read the posts and thought it would be fun to try and join the game.
I have 2 ideas with this room.
#1 no one has pressed and held the red button
#2 Try carrying water from previous room
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 25, 2009, 07:33:13 PM
RIP, ShasO Kodel. Let us hope your sacrifice was not in vain.

SeriousCallersOnly, you should probably close the Entrance Door before you push the BRB again, since it seems to have been established that leaving it open and pushing the BRB does nothing (it happened twice, after all). If you would like to press the button with the door open, that is quite alright (it will hopefully confirm that the button will do nothing while the door is open).

I, on the other hand, shall close the Entrance Door and proceed to push the BRB. I will do my best not to fall onto the wall or uninsulated floor if I get too light-headed (no guarantees, I know, but I'll at least try). I will also try to listen for any changes in the doors over the electrical hum.

If this works the way I think it will, the Energy Levels will increase to 4000, I will feel temporarily light-headed, and the state of one or more doors will change (lock the Entrance door/Unlock one of the other doors). That last part is the questionable bit, though. Fingers crossed!

I am going to go out on a limb and say that in this room UNLOCKED doors are safe, while LOCKED doors will kill us, no matter what precautions we take. At least, that appears to be the way it has worked so far; the Entrance Door, now unlocked, has been safe to manipulate, while Door VI clearly was not.

I also agree that there is no way we can get across to Door VII until we get something to walk on in Room VI (like a plank, or magic Immovable Rods or something).

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on April 26, 2009, 12:28:08 AM
On the physics end of things, Shas'O Kodel probably would have burst into flames rather than being electrocuted to death. Due to all the electrical resistance of his flesh and the apparently energetic charge, heat would have built up in his hands at a phenomenal rate. He would probably have been partially melted to the door! So, electricity didn't kill him directly, incredible (and painful!) amounts of heat did!

Keep in mind fellas that electrical energy wants to travel to a positive charge (ground, other end of the circuit) and if it has enough energy, few things 'll stop it--ye know how lightning arcs a long, long way? It does that through air--one of the best insulators, it would be foolish to think wearing an insulator on your feet will protect you from a lightning bolt as it just traveled kilometers through sterner stuff than rubber-soled shoes! This is like that, but on a smaller scale I would imagine.

Also, this is gettin' powerful risky, mayhaps I will wait and see before I do anything...
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 26, 2009, 01:15:01 AM
Physics fight!  Electricity will always follow the path of least resistance.  In our case, a large metal wall is a lot more conductive than human skin, so most of the current will flow through the metal.  It would have to be some enormous current in the wall to have a serious effect on people.  But, we are dealing with magic electricity that can travel up clothing into an ungrounded person to kill them, so yeah...

Azore of Ath-Ron (is still napping)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: ShasO Kodel on April 26, 2009, 01:30:17 AM
If there had been enough juice flowing through the metal to cook me like a turkey, it would've been glowing red hot by resistive heat diffusion. Even if it was 3000 amps, it would've just shocked my hand badly, and maybe given me a delightful electrical burn.

But yeah, I can see a lot of people napping in the near future :P
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on April 26, 2009, 01:52:18 AM
Physics fight!  Electricity will always follow the path of least resistance.  In our case, a large metal wall is a lot more conductive than human skin, so most of the current will flow through the metal.  It would have to be some enormous current in the wall to have a serious effect on people.  But, we are dealing with magic electricity that can travel up clothing into an ungrounded person to kill them, so yeah...

Azore of Ath-Ron (is still napping)

I accept your challenge, good sir! One could argue that that metal plate was infact just the -'ve end of the electrical circuit, leaving the circuit open and designed to zap people to a crisp (like an electric fly swatter). As little as 6 amps can electrocute somebody to death, any substantial voltage would mean it would have plenty of capability to arc. Besides, even a fraction of what I suspect the charge to be would cook someone (keep in mind that grabbing a high voltage power cable will get you killed even though the majority of the current will still flow down the wire).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: burgers4me on April 26, 2009, 07:41:06 AM
Ummm Hello people. I think I know why we are getting light headed.

Burgers crouches down (on the safe none-magic-lightning-killy-floor I dont wanna die) and breathes 2 deep breathes at floor level to see if he gets light headed, and then takes several oxygen full breathes at standing height.

My hypothesis is simple.
with thousands of volts of electricity which is magic, it must be having a similiar effect to lightning. It is converting our precious O2 (oxygen) into O3 (ozone)! SO we are going to die of oxygen deprivation. Death by a need gas, the irony.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on April 26, 2009, 02:48:52 PM
First, I press the button 3 times. I then take off my clothes, yell" Youll never catch me now coppers". My clothes are dry (Hey, I napped too!) and I  put  a small portion of the legs on the electric floor WITHOUT touching it(the rest will be on the no-electric floor) This is a toss, so I do NOT touch the electricity with my hands. I then see what happens. Also, I use the force to knock down the walls/ convince others to sucide for me. *You will run onto the floor*
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 26, 2009, 04:02:27 PM
Inventory (only includes items that are still usefull)

The white insulated flooring will protect you.

Pressing the B.R.B. (with entrance door open) yeilds nothing.

Pressing and holding the button (with door closed) yeilds nothing until button is released which yeilds 1 power level increase.

You can try to carry water into a room full of electricity if you really want to... ::)

Pressing the B.R.B (with entrance closed) the device buzzes, the room hums louder and the indicator moves to 4,000.

*click-chack* (unlocking sound from direction of door marked "STAGE VI")
Again now for a moment or two you are light-headed

Crouching down and breathing deep, you stand and take in a gulp of air, you become dizzy, light-headed and stumble, but catch yourself. O3 is definetly in the air.

(Careful Azore, you may end up napping peranently)

Quote
Your clothing wont save you from electrical shock

Quote
Assumptions are Dangerous
Was meant as a general statement
TIME UNTIL O3 SUFFOCATES YOU: 10
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 26, 2009, 04:14:44 PM
Not sure what CO3 is, but I'm sure it will be deadly.

I'm going to walk over to the VI door and open it.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 26, 2009, 04:37:24 PM
Reaching out for the doorknob, you pause, momentarily frozen in fear. You touch the knob....
Nothing, you grip the handle twist and pull open the door.
"STAGE 6"
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/Stage6.jpg)
Thanks for spotting the typo  :)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 26, 2009, 04:51:49 PM
I wake from my nap and go through the door.  I then say "Ahhhh! razor discs of doom!"

I then try to guage the distance between the wall and the opening for what I expect to be razor discs of DOOOM (insert doom song here).

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 26, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
Huzza! Temporary safety.... I hope.

~~~~~~

Is the grey floor the same metal we have been seing throughout the stages? (Note: I am not going to touch it yet, I just want to make a visual assessment.) I assume that what is white is the marble-like substance? Or does it appear to be the insulating plastic?

Are those slots in the floor (presumably for those "razor discs of doom")?

I'll turn around and take a look at the Fourth Wall (this seems to have become standard procedure).

Is the Yellow Sign on the floor? That's different.

Is the timer still ticking regarding the "Time until O3 Suffocates [us]"? If so, what is it at now?

~~~~~~~
It appears that, for the Metal Room, the doors have to be closed (or at least the Entrance Door) for anything to happen, and you need to push the button twice for a door to unlock. Since Stage VII seems to be back through that way, we had best nto forget this! Also, the indicator is currently at 4000 and O3 will kill us if we are there too long. This information is not required right now, but we should not forget it!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mordechia on April 26, 2009, 05:24:44 PM
I am going to investigated the white border around the metal area. How wide is it and could i walk along it without touching the metal.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mordechia on April 26, 2009, 05:30:09 PM
also one last thing i'm going to inspect the panel and try pushing pulling sliding it to see if anything happens.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 26, 2009, 05:33:42 PM
The hazard warning looks more like the one for a laser than razor disks of doom.

I suspect that back in the previous room, two more presses will open the VII door. But we'll need to solve at least two puzzles first: How to get across the metal floor in room V, and how to avoid passing out from the gas.

Step gingerely forward, being careful not to get too close to the slots in the floor. Can we get some idea of dimensions here?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on April 26, 2009, 06:18:39 PM
I put my clothes back on and go into that room like everyone else!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on April 26, 2009, 11:02:43 PM
I try and gauge the distance from the entrance to the exit of this room
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: burgers4me on April 27, 2009, 01:26:50 AM
I like this game.

I would like a closer look at the everpresent danger sign and the actual floor slits. I examine them for any wear and tear (like as if saw blades kept popping out of them), char marks (super lasorz) or anything suspicious.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 27, 2009, 05:42:29 PM
The metal plate on the floor is of the same metal type you have already encountered and the walls are of the same marble like stone.(This room is not electrically connected to STAGE VII). The metal plate that runs the length of the room has periodic slits in it. you cannot see anything in or through the slits. The room itself is 15 feet wide, 100 feet long, and 8 feet tall. There is a foot and a half of floor space on either side of the metal plate in the floor (enough for you walk over without ever being over the metal plate). The caution sign is on the  floor (I'll explain my reason for this later) here is what it looks like in detail.
(http://www.labelident.com/images/static_content/w10.gif)

There is nothing on the fourth wall but the door you came through.

There are no marks on or around the slits in the floor.

TIME UNTIL O3 SUFFOCATES YOU: 9



Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: burgers4me on April 27, 2009, 06:22:46 PM
Crap the walls will close Star Wars style....

And wouldnt the O3 being heavier than air be flowing into the crack and giving us more time?
Yay chemistry win!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 27, 2009, 07:06:21 PM
Yes, that is the hazard symbol for a laser. I'm going to remove an item of clothing and wave it over the nearest slot, while keeping all parts of my body away, to see if motion activates any sort of unpleasant response. also wave it in the foot and a half of space to the side.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 27, 2009, 07:18:04 PM
The time limit on the O3 levels is more than generous considering that that time only decreases about 1.5 increments per 24 hours (NOTE: this is not standard, as the time limit is completely up to the GM)
The O3 is only really likely to kill you if you stop and do nothing for like 2 game hours.

Having removed the shirt section of the jumpsuit, you swing one of the arms out over the plate. There are brief hissing noises. After two passes you inspect the shirt. It now appears that small portions of the cuff have been burnt off.
Trying it again over the white side sections, more of your shirt goes missing.

TIME UNTIL O3 SUFFOCATES YOU: 9

Trivia: You (the test subject) have been in the facility for 32 hours (of which only 4 have been spent in the Stages)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on April 27, 2009, 07:48:10 PM
"So, cutting lazers of DOOOM then?  It seems that we are both sort of right."

I then use my shirt to inspect the white edges of the room (where one can walk).

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 27, 2009, 08:11:07 PM
Quote
Trying it again over the white side sections, more of your shirt goes missing.

Already tested.


Quote from:  Facility Maintenance and Basic Engineering:Stage 3 Article 3.2
It is standard procedure to have a maintenance and quality test preformed on the floor and ceiling spikes, The floor spikes require the most cleaning and sanitation and are thus coated with Teflon and anti-stick substances. Inspection of the ceiling spikes requires the use of Items #9 and #15 of your issued equipment, and special attention must be taken to insure the quality of the bond between the spikes and the ceiling. NOTE: Equipment must be used in the proper instructional manner, in proper usage can lead to damaged or destroyed equipment and serious injury or death.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 27, 2009, 08:36:45 PM
I'm going to look around for some dust or something similar that could be tossed onto the lasers (hopefully making them somewhat visible). I'll check my pockets, the floor and the walls, but I will make sure not to get close to where the lasers seem to be (i.e. where my clothes got burnt).

What do you all think about closing the door? Good idea? Bad? If it locks we're likely to be trapped, but it may be useful to have shut; it might make the lasers more visible, or might help block out the O3, giving us more time. I'll leave it open for now, since we seem to have quite a while before we suffocate; better to leave it open for now just in case?

After searching and collecting any dust (or equivalent) that I can find, I'll toss a sleeve of my jumpsuit over a section of the metal that does not have a slit in it (let's go with the area to my right between the first slit and the white space). I shall do my best to keep the sleeve low over the ground. I'll pull it back after about a second. Did the sleeve burn?

We need to find a better way of probing this room than burning our clothes! I'd be tempted to try and get some steam into this room, but I'm not sure how easily/safely that could be done. Do you think that opening both doors in the Metal Room would do it? It might do the trick....

Also, anyone have any thoughts as to why the panel would be on the floor? My first guess would be that it may be an indication that we should crawl along the ground, but I'm not so sure about that.... It's just a guess, and could prove to be a deadly assumption.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 27, 2009, 11:05:54 PM
There is unfortunately no dust or other substance in the room or on your person.
The door can be shut and it will close airtight and keep out the O3. Any other effects of closing the door are up to speculation.

The sleeve did not burn when it was held and moved around the bottom 24 inches.

Opening both doors in STAGE VII would allow the steam to escape from STAGE V, unfortunately a majority of the steam would have to drift through the metal room. Steam (airborne water) floating into a room with highly electrified walls and flooring is perhaps not the greatest idea, especially when the steam inevitably condenses on whatever is in the room.

The sign is on the floor simply because the operators of the facility discovered that subjects could not make out the sign from the end of the 100 foot hallway (needless to say this was discovered through experimentation). The signs as stated before, play no intricate role of importance for escaping, they are merely there as a symbol of each Stage.

Quote from:  Facility Matainence and Basic Engineering: Stage 3 Artical 3.1
Stage III usually requires cleanup as it is the first of several stages that require quick action. Not all of the subjects placed in the facility are capable of such actions when required. The lower and bottom sections of the pitfall are accessable via maintenance hatch, and the universal key will unlock the door. Proper drainage is provided and the majority of cleanup is removal of the failed subject. Secondary cleanup only requires washing (with a hose) and basic sanitation.please be sure to lock the maintenance door behind you when cleanup is complete. A visual inspection is required of the spike devices in the pit. The perscribed counter weight or failed subject may have damaged or destroyed one or multiple spikes.
 
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 27, 2009, 11:19:39 PM
24" of space, eh? I might be able to crawl along that on my belly...
...the catch being that nasty O3 pooling on the ground....
...hm.....

Well, if the door locks behind me, I'll at least have the far door to get to, and that might yield some means of escape.... maybe.

What does the other side of the Room VI door look like? Is there a knob, at least? A keyhole, perhaps?

I shall make my decision about closing the door once I know more about the door itself. If there is no obvious way of re-opening it, then I'll just have to leave it ajar.... If, on the other hand, there is a knob, I might just have to risk closing it.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 27, 2009, 11:23:56 PM
There is a doorknob on the inside of the door.


Something to remember: It is a long hall way and you have been waiving your shirt around and its been getting burnt.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 12:26:34 AM
Something to remember: It is a long hall way and you have been waiving your shirt around and its been getting burnt.
Yes, I realize that crawling across such a long distance is probably a bad idea, but my idea was to move along and "probe" with something (like maybe my shoe) in front of me in order to find a path.

This is, of course, assuming (dangerous, I know) that there is some sort of path to get to the other end. I was picturing some sort of criss-crossing set of lasers that you'd have to crawl under/climb over/walk around/whatever (like you always see in the movies).

However, I am starting to get the nagging suspicion that we are lacking some information....

Still, something has to be done. I will take the risk of getting locked out; I am going to close the Room VI Door from within the Laser Room.

Wish me luck!

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 28, 2009, 12:43:44 AM
The door closes...........no thing happens.
(the room is seald off from STAGE VII but it has no effect otherwise.


boo!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 01:03:39 AM
Just to make sure I'm not actually trapped, I'll open the door then shut it again. If I'm going to be stuck I may as well know now rather than later, when I might be in more of a panic.

The next step is to try to figure out a path to the far door!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 28, 2009, 01:04:51 AM
The door opens and closes freely.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 01:30:18 AM
Alright. Let's keep it closed for now; it will keep that O3 out, giving me much more time to muck about low to the ground.

The plan now is to put my jumpsuit back on and take off my shoes (since they are more sturdy, I can hold them out in front of my hands more easily).

Holding my shoes by the heel, I go over to the space on the right side, near the floor, where my clothes did NOT burn. I take one shoe (by the heel) and slowly move it (with the toe over the metal on the floor) to the left, stopping periodically. I do this until I find the point where it starts to burn (singe, really; I don't want my shoes to be turned to ash!). I will make a mental note of the point where it started to burn and do the same thing to the right.

Next I will do the same thing about 23" up, making a note of where the shoes begin to burn (that is, singe). I repeat this process going upwards until I have determined a rectangle where it is safe to move. To confirm that it is safe, I will wave my shoe around (up and down and left and right) in that rectangle. (Better my shoe should burn than me in case I missed something!)

The next step will be to figure out how deep this "safe zone" is, but I will wait to see if this initial testing works before doing that.

60659

Edit: Just clarified how I am holding the shoe and probing with it.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 28, 2009, 02:48:32 AM
There is a small 3' by 3' rectangle where there are no apparent burn marks.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 03:36:19 AM
Alright. I'll do the same thing with the shoe, this time pushing it forward along the ground. I'll go back and forth along that same 3' x 3' rectangle, going deeper and deeper, stopping where it starts to burn, and making a mental note of where that is.

If the shoe doesn't burn at all, I'll keep going deeper, crawling forward of necessary. I am going to feel around to see if the rectangle gets any bigger, or if it bends at all. I will follow this path as best I can, hopefully to the other end of the room. If there is a fork in the path I will stop (I will decide which way to go when I get there).

NOTE: During all of this I am going to do my very best to keep all parts of my body within areas that my shoe deemed "safe". Wherever the shoe starts to burn I am going to pretend that there is an invisible, flaming wall that I cannot touch, lest I die (okay, maybe I'm no good at pretending). This means that the only places where any of my body parts will go will be wherever the shoe did not burn.

For the sake of simplicity I am going to put my other shoe back on. This means I will only be probing with one shoe; let's say... the left shoe.

I hope what I'm trying to do is clear enough. I also hope that it works!

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on April 28, 2009, 10:37:33 AM
I think Rudkin has it worked out. Well done sir.

One thing I don't get. Are these lasers horizontal or vertical? There do not seem to be any slots in the walls. In which case, how come there is a height limit?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 28, 2009, 10:44:01 AM
Ahh I had that idea with the shoe... But i was gonna throw it forward XDD... I follow the smart man in, as I use my shoe and also small pieces of hair to test the area.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 28, 2009, 04:08:49 PM
Using the left shoe you probe out further and very very very slowly you make your way down the hall, the front of the shoe blackened with singe and burn marks. You yourself receive two small burns (regardless of how very careful you you were). You have reached the end of the metal plate and find you are able to stand on the other side.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 05:46:20 PM
Small burns, while not terribly pleasant, are tolerable.

I'm going to continue waving my shoe in front of me as I walk around slowly on the other side of the metal floor, just to make sure it is safe. Once I've determined where is safe and where will burn me (hopefully nowhere on this side), I will do a visual inspection of the door and surrounding area. Finally, I'll let my shoe cool and put it back on... what's left of it, anyway.

I am tempted to just open the door, but that seems rather risky to do without looking around first. After all, I'd hate to die now!

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 28, 2009, 09:04:28 PM
The shoe (though no longer in mint condition) is no longer burned. There are no lasers after the plate ends. The door is a standard metal door with standard metal handle. there is nothing else of interest on or around the door.



yaw reisae na si ereht
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 09:16:57 PM
yaw reisae na si ereht
"There is an easier way" you say? Well, maybe we'll figure that out for the return trip! :) I'm glad my way worked, at least.

Thanks to SeriousCallersOnly for being the first to try waving clothes over the floor, and to burgers4me for pointing out the greater density of the O3 (otherwise I may have neglected to close the door, and would likely have choked to death while crawling).

As for now, with both shoes back on my feet, I'll.... oh, sod it all, I'm just going to try opening the bloody door!

If this kills me I'll be quite disappointed.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 28, 2009, 11:19:54 PM
You reach for the handle.........
*Ka-klunk* the handle barely twists.

The door is locked.



Trivia: there are actually two solutions to these Stages.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on April 28, 2009, 11:40:17 PM
I should have known it wouldn't be that simple.

...if this requires the key from Level I I'm going to be very mad at you.  :P (Don't worry, I'm sure it can't be that!)

Alright, time to pause and reflect:
1: This room is NOT electrically connected to the previous room, so the BRB will have no effect on this door.
2: There is a small "tunnel" or "hallway" in the corner of the metal plate (between the slits and the white floor on the sides) allowing for safe(ish) passage from one end to the other. This is confirmed to exist on the right side of the room (using the initial image for left/right reference). The same can be assumed to exist on the left side, but shoe-probing would be the safest way to confirm this (rather than just crawling blindly).
3: There is an easier way to get across.
4: There is presumably something on the other side of this door that will allow us to walk safely to the Stage VII door.
5: The (standard) door is locked.
6: There is "nothing of interest on or around the [locked] door".
7: The Metal Room is slowly filling up with Ozone, but here in The Hallway we are safe from it (because the Stage VI door is closed).

**: We need to find some way to open this door. The opening of the door may or may not be linked to the "easier way" to get across the room.

I'm going to do a thorough search of this side of The Hallway; floor, ceiling, walls, door. I'll tap on things with my shoe (I'll take if off again for this), listening for hollow spots or hidden panels. I'll make sure to not go over the metal panel, or the white space on either side of it, however; I've been burnt enough today.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on April 29, 2009, 03:06:02 AM
I should have made myself more clear
This room is not connected to the other room conductively (meaning that your wont get shocked to death from touching metal in STAGE VI)
it is however connected electronicaly.
I apologize for not making the distiction earlier, and I assure you my mistake will have no adverse effect on any of the players.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 29, 2009, 07:31:27 AM
I rush back to the room with the BRB, makin sure to still be careful with the shoe probing and all, and press the button on the wall twice more.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Saracenar on April 30, 2009, 03:40:01 AM
Okay, so, I'll go from what Rudkin last said. Before opening the door to the electrical room with the Big Red Button, I will take one big, deep breath of oxygen, and then rush out into the room (being careful not to be zapped by the floor or walls just outside the door, and press the button twice. Hopefully I will hear an unlocking sound, so then I will rush back into the Stage VI door and enter it, closing the door behind me, and exhaling/inhaling fresh O2. Then I'll go back down the hallway through the safe-zone, probing with my shoe all the way, being careful not to be burned. Once I make it across, I will stand up, put my shoe on and approach the door to open it (hopefully).

I have a theory about the laserbeams. I believe they are coming out of the slits in the ground not just vertically, but diagonally, so that they leave only a small amount of space open as safe.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on April 30, 2009, 10:36:54 AM
Ya, after i press the button im going to wait before I rush back into the room XD
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 1, 2009, 04:44:59 PM
Finding your way out of the hallway once more and receiving a few more burns (it doesn't matter how hard you try you'll get burned a little by misjudged laser beams) You step carefully over to the power levels panel.
You press the B.R.B. and the power levels indicator moves up to 5,000. The panel buzzes, and the room hums louder.
Pressing the button again, the indicator moves once more to 6,000. It buzzes, and the humming is now loud enough that you feel vibrations in the floor.
*Click-Chack-click-hisss*
Unlocking sound coming from across the room and a click from some other location nearby you.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 1, 2009, 10:45:22 PM
Was this done with the Level VI door open? I assume so, since no one bothered to close it behind them before the pushed the button (and you did tell us to be very specific about our actions, so if no one closed it, it was never closed).

Sounds like a good idea to go back though the Level VI door, close it behind me, probe my way back to the other side through the corridor that was found to be save (shoe in hand as before) (Ow... yet more burns I'm sure...) and try to open the door ar the far end (hopefully it is now unlocked).
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on May 2, 2009, 09:08:30 AM
As I can't think of anything additional to what Rudkin has described, I'll do the same.

Is it possible to work out with the shoe thing whether the lasers are horizontal, vertical or diagonal? I'm still trying to fiure out this 'easier way'. The sign was on the floor....I don't suppose the whole room rotates, so that the sign is then on the wall and we can just walk across on what was once the wall and is now the floor?

As it seems the VII door is now unlocked, I'm guessing we will find something at the end of the laser room to get across the floor. If it is large though, we might still have a problem getting it back through the lasers.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 3, 2009, 02:26:21 PM
In my rush to answer the previous inquiries I forgot to mention that you had closed the door behind you so as to keep out the O3.

Probing your way down the hall you recive no burns and the shoe is only singed once. You seem to have found a passageway through the invisible enemy.
Reaching the end of the hall you stand and reach for the door knob,
The handle doesn't twist. The door is locked.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on May 3, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
So did the click sound mean that the lasers (most of them) are switched off? I'll wave my shoe around some more, trying to see if there is now a wider 'safe' area.

I think that button is going to need pressing again. Anyone got other ideas?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 3, 2009, 10:49:23 PM
I do have another idea! Don't push the button again yet!
Remember that panel about something "not being available at this time"? This could be it.

Grimfang, could I decern if the second click came from the Entrance Door (the one that leads back into the Steam Room)? Did it sound like that door locked (since we heard that sound before we should know what it sounded like)? Or, did it sound like something beyond that door locked (that is, something in the Steam Room)?

I was about to try going back into that room, but then realized that the second "click" could have been the sound of that door locking! Best to find out if it maybe locked before touching it!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 4, 2009, 06:16:59 PM
The Lasers are still all there I assure you. the shoe is burned repeatedly and a sliver or two of sole is shaved clean off.

The Entrance door is unlocked, the sound came from somewhere else.

;)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 4, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
Alright. I shall work my way to the Metal Room (via the usual path), and then I shall go into the Steam Room, leaving all of the Doors ajar (I doubt they would lock on me, but better safe than trapped). I will now look at that mysterious sign regarding "this service is unavailable at this time". I will do the same sort of examination I did before, tapping the wall for hollow spots, and looking for any panels or cubby-holes (including trying to remove the sign again).

If I find anything, I will take a close look (be it a cubby-hole, or a panel or anything else). If I notice any changes, I will make a note of them.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on May 5, 2009, 07:13:51 AM
Haha Rudkin is really into this.... I think im going to ask what level the BRB is at, and, using my clothing and putting my tongue close but NOT touching, test the metal floor for current.  The tongue is to detect that faint buzzing in the wet parts of the body that result from electricity.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: SeriousCallersOnly on May 5, 2009, 01:38:43 PM
You're a braver man than me....
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 6, 2009, 07:13:21 PM
The panel originally marked "unavailable" slides up as soon as you touch it revealing this
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/panel2.jpg)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 7, 2009, 08:13:55 PM
You guys haven't replied in a while, so ill take a go at it! Okay, so I examine the panel very closly. Are the red and blue boxes buttons? Does the lever seem like it can be moved? (DONT move it)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 7, 2009, 11:45:05 PM
I'm also wondering, at the top left, are those buttons or just a display?

Also, the fan symbol, does it appear to be a button, a fixed image, or something more like an LCD display (i.e. a display which could change, possibly based on where the lever is)?

Were I to hazard a guess, I would suspect that the blue position relates to the Steam room, the grey position to the Metal room, and the red position to the Laser room. Just a guess, mind you.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 8, 2009, 02:23:45 PM
The panel has the following features
A switch in the upper left hand corner (currently in neutral only to hide actual position, the light next to the switch is a bright green L.E.D. and there is an unlit L.E.D. beneath that.
The Fan Icon is just an Icon (no possible interaction)
The Blue, Gray, and Red Boxes are also icons (no possible interaction)
The Red Lever/Slider can be moved freely along the slot/s.
Note: All the little black dots are rivets (non-interactable, non-essential)

GM's Production notes: Add description to each new object encountred (at least interactability) except when doing so would reveal solution.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 8, 2009, 03:52:31 PM
Well, sounds like we need to do some testing. Will it kill me? We shall see.

I'm going to move the lever to the Blue position, and flick the switch to " - ".

The theory is that the green light indicates that it is currently "on". My guess is that by moving the lever to blue and flicking the switch to the dash (which I suspect is the "off" position) it will shut off the fan in this room. That's the theory, anyway. We'll see if it holds up to testing.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 8, 2009, 05:55:56 PM
Sliding the lever to the Blue position, there is a click and a whirr, as the motion of a slow fanblade can be heard.
The room shows no sing of immidiate change.
Pushing the switch to the "-" position there is a click and the pbubbling of the pool intensifies breifly before calming greatly, there is less steam in the room. The Green L.E.D. goes out and the L.E.D. beneath it glows red.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 8, 2009, 06:49:18 PM
Hm...

Alright, I'll flick the switch back to "o", wait to see what happens, then move the lever to Grey and flick the switch to "-" again.

It may be a good idea to try turning on a room that is already "on"... or it might kill us. Given that hazard, I'll try turning off the rooms one at a time. If this next bit works the way I hope it does (i.e. turning off, or down, the electricity in the Metal Room), the final step will be to turn off Red, hopefully giving access to that door across the Laser Hall. We'll see.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 10, 2009, 04:42:14 PM
Flicking the switch to "o" there is a hum and the bubbling of the pool intensifies once more, steaming and bubbling away. The red L.E.D. is out and the Green is lit.
Moving the lever to Gray There is a click and the fanblade whirr grow more distant.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 10, 2009, 06:29:46 PM
Uhoh... why do I get the weird feeling I'll have to take a dip in the pool once it cools (apparently by setting the lever to Blue and flicking the switch to "-"? (We did establish that we can swim, correct?)

Did anything happen when I flicked the switch to "-" once the lever was in the Grey position?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 11, 2009, 04:05:00 AM
Sorry im getting forgetfull
You hit the "-" switch, the leds changes and the pool stops bubbling again.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 11, 2009, 05:47:36 AM
Alright, let's try moving the lever to Blue without flicking the switch.

I suspect the only change will be the proximity of the fan (i.e. it will sound closer again), but it's good to test it. Next up will be trying the Red postion, but I want to minimize the variables first.


Can I figure out where the sound of the fan is coming from? Up? Down? Above the water (that is, behind the vent above the water)? The Metal Room?

Also, I'm going to wait about half a minute and am going to place my hand NEAR the water (I don't want to touch it). Does it feel like it has cooled off? While I'm at it, I'll look down into the water (careful not to fall in!); from this side, can I see anything of interest? Actually, if you could give the description of what can be seen at the bottom of the pool (and sides) again it would be a useful recap!

Sorry if I'm kind of taking over this game; I've just got a lot of spare time of late, and it is quite an interesting game! That said, I seem to be one of the only ones still at it. I hope I didn't scare everyone away....
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 11, 2009, 06:02:22 AM
Moving the lever to the blue box there is a click and the fanblade sound gets closer again. The sound was coming from the metal room a moment ago ( you put your head in the room and heard it)
Moving the lever to the red position, the fanblade sound fades away until it cannot be heard moving somewhere else.
The pool has stopped bubbling enough to give you a clear view of the bottom, where you can only just barely make out the clear glass pillars the you walked upon and two pipes that feed water into the pool (not big enough for you to fit in). Other than that there is nothing of importance.

Its not taking over your just more active than most, thank you I find it interesting too and it has been a great social experiment. I certainly hope the other will participate again soon. There are only two players who have "lost" and i certainly hope none of the others think they were some how eliminated. Im certain however that once the solution becomes clear for these rooms a lurker will swoop in and steal Rudkins thunder.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: the_nash on May 11, 2009, 07:22:59 AM
Quote
Im certain however that once the solution becomes clear for these rooms a lurker will swoop in and steal Rudkins thunder.

Damn straight  :P lol

I'm still keeping track of it all but i can't figure it out.

Its a very interesting game and I'm glad at least one person can figure it out so the game continues
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 11, 2009, 07:03:21 PM
Hm....

Alright, with the lever still at the Red position, I'll carefully work my way to the Laser Hall (it shouldn't be too hard, since all the doors were still ajar!) and listen for the fanblade. Does it sound like it is coming from in here now?

Moreover, is there any visual change to the room? I'll take off my shoe and test to see if the burning lasers are still active.

~~~~~~~~~
Ah, go ahead and steal away my thunder. :P If I can just stay alive I'll be happy! Besides, if somehow I'm wrong and someone tries to steal my thunder, they'll be the one to die!

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 11, 2009, 07:09:28 PM
Making your way to Stage VI you find that the fanblade sound is resonating in the room but there is not changes to the room itself, the shoe is singed again when you move it about the hallway.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 11, 2009, 09:28:29 PM
Using my shoe like before to test for lasers, I crawl to the other side and open the door. If it doesnt open I go back to where I was before I made my post by using my shoe in front of me as previously mentioned.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 11, 2009, 10:42:00 PM
The Door is not unlocked and does not open. You recive a few small burns as you are eager to escape.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 12, 2009, 01:46:44 AM
Hm.... So what do we know now?

Switch: Apparently turns the heating of the water on/off. It may do something else (probably, but what is as yet unclear; it may work in accordance to the lever position, but current testing suggests otherwise). (Green: On. Red: Off.)
Fan: Moves in accordance to the position of the lever. (Blue: Steam Room, Grey: Metal Room, Red: Laser Room.)

Guess: Perhaps we need to find a duct? Doubtful, but if there is a way for the fan to get from room to room, then there might be a way for us to do the same.

Test: Let's go back to the fan controls (I'm going to close the doors as I go; I don't want the O3 or condsening steam to kill me) and move the lever to the far right position (opposite of where it started). If I cannot hear any change of the fan position from where I am, I will go into the Metal Room and listen, then to the Laser room to listen (if need be). If I still cannot hear it there, I will cross the room (in the usual shoe-probing way; that poor shoe!), listen for the fan (including listening at the door) and try to open the far door if I still cannot hear the fan!

So basically, I'll be going from the controls to the far door in the Laser Room listening for the fan, but will stop wherever I hear it. I hope that make sense.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 12, 2009, 03:11:04 AM
After moving the switch and listening, you find that the sound is only in Stage V.
The steam has nearly stopped coming off the water, it is almost cool enough to touch.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 12, 2009, 03:39:09 AM
Hm...

Alright, I'm going to let the water cool off until I can actually touch it with a finger (with my left pinkey). If nothing bad happens to my finger, then I'm then going to stick my left ear in the water to take a listen. Do I hear anything? (Sound does travel through water quite well; better than through the air, in fact!)

I may be taking a swim in the near future.... If nothing else it'll give me a better look at the grate about the pool; if I can see the fan from there, it'll help. Even if I can't it'll be beneficial! Still, best to stay out of the water for now, just in case!

The other thought is that it may be possible to remove one or more of the glass pillars; I doubt it, but it could be worth trying.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 12, 2009, 04:31:30 AM
The water cools and you listen (after testing with finger, dont worry no tricks here) you hear nothing. The pillars cannot be removed and the nearly invisible pillar track cannot be tampered with.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 12, 2009, 04:43:05 AM
Alright, well, I'll move the lever on the wall to the Blue position (since that seemed to make the fan the closest to the Steam Room) and take a look up at the vent. Can I see the fan from the "shore" (i.e. the edge of the pool)?

~~~~~~~~
By the way, are we subject to dehydration and starvation in here? I might take you up on that earlier dare about drinking the water... but only if I have to. I can't say as I entirely trust it. :P Just because it's water doesn't mean it isn't poisoned.

For that matter, what about sleep deprivation? I know some people took a nap earlier, but not I. Should I bother (since currently this seems to be the safest place to rest [actually, probably the laser room would be better, since we KNOW that one is sealed off from the O3])?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 12, 2009, 05:44:36 AM
You can hear the fan but you cannot see it (even if you were right beneath the vent)
For all intents and purposes do not worry about food and water and sleep depravation, as they do not apply to any player.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 13, 2009, 06:54:19 PM
Okay, time to play with the lever and switich some more.

Let's move the lever to Red and flick the switch (it should be at "o" now).

There are only 6 combinations possible, it would seem. Red o, Red -, Grey o, Grey -, Blue o, Blue -. One of them should work, right?

Here is a chart with what happened:
Blue o (Fan @ Steam, water on)
Blue - (Fan @ Steam, water off)
Grey o (Fan @ Metal, water on)
Grey - (Fan @ Metal, water off)
Red - (Fan @ Laser, water off)
Red o (? ? ?)

There are also the end positions (far left, far right) but they appear to be neutral settings. Still, there is a possibility that the answer is to have the lever in either of those positions.

The only other course of action would be to increase the power level in the Metal Room, but that is already dangerously high. I would rather leave it where it is for now and test this first, especially given the warning about misusing the panel. By the way, does anyone recall what power level in that room was at last?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 13, 2009, 09:41:11 PM
6,000 I think. I take some water in my shoes. (It is still cool right) I turn the switch to "-" or on mode so that I can hear the fan and move the lever to the gray part. Then I poor it on the electric part of the room. I make sure to see if there is a reaction with the water and the electric floor.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 13, 2009, 11:53:50 PM
The water touches the metal floor and begins to evaporate, there is a sizzle and a crack at the electricity flows.

Flicking the switch to the "o" position, the water begins to boil once more in a few moments, steam rises off the pool and forms a mist.
You move the lever into the Red position, there is a click and the fanblade can be heard far off in Stage VI. The steam from the pool rises steadily into the vent.

The power levels are in fact at 6,000
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 14, 2009, 12:27:40 AM
I will assume by the fact that you changed around the order of operations that it doesn't matter if we move the lever before flicking the switch or vice-versa.

Okay, Once more I will head to the Laser Room (closing doors behind me) and test for lasers. Next, I will work my way down the safe route, as before (shoe in hand) and try the door at the far end. I'll admit, I don't have high hopes, but still, it should be tested.

If this doesn't work, I think I'll have to try upping the power level again. We should be safe as long as it doesn't exceed 9000, right?

"This Suit Burns Better...."
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 14, 2009, 12:33:03 AM
Stepping into Stage VI (after closing the doors behind you) you see  now that the steam form Stage V is coming through the vent in the floor. As the steam rises you can clearly see the pattern of red lasers criss-crossing the hallway in every direction. Now that you are able to see you easily make your way down to the end of the hall. when you reach the door you find that it is still locked.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 14, 2009, 02:21:37 AM
Well, that simplifies things.

I'll go back into the Metal Room, close the door to the Laser Room (the Steam Room door should already be closed from before) and I will then push the BRB.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: speedy on May 14, 2009, 09:27:05 AM
Eek!  Can't wait to see what hitting the button again does!
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on May 14, 2009, 10:35:13 AM
I hit the red button until its AT 9000, and not above.  Then i wait and see what happens
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 14, 2009, 08:34:42 PM
This may have been tried already, but.... I dont know! So I will aproach the vent in the floor in the red laser room and examine it, seeing if it is removable etc. Also, this is all happening with the fan in the laser room, so I can see the lasers and be careful to NOT STEP INTO/ TOUCH the lasers as I do this
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 15, 2009, 03:55:55 AM
Pushing the B.R.B. once more the indicator moves to 7,000 and the humming gets louder.

The vent is not removable or tamperable.

Pressing the B.R.B. again, the indicator moves to 8,000.
*click-chack* (a metallic-sliding noise from the entrance door)

Pressing it once more the indicator moves up to 9,000
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 15, 2009, 04:29:16 AM
Oh joy... the Entrance door (the one leading to the Steam Room in case anyone forgot) is now more than likely locked (I'm sure as hell not going to test it!). I trust no one forgot anything in there?

Hm.... It is possible that the door at the far end of the Laser Room has unlocked and we have not heard it (it is a long way over there). I shall cross the Steamy Laser Expanse and try to open the far door (obviously opening and going through the door connecting the Metal Room and Laser Rooms). (Yay for being able to see the lasers now so that neither I nor my shoe will get burned!)

I do not look forward to overloading the Metal Room at all; the chances of the door leading to the Laser Room locking seem far too great in my eyes. I shall do everything else possible before going over 9000; it seems like the safer thing to do.

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on May 15, 2009, 10:35:15 AM
Don't forget redkin... We are acting as though we are seperate, even if i pressed the BRB up to 9000, if you don't want to, you didn't. 

I test the floor by spitting on it... check all of the safe to reach doors, and then i try... fatefully and for the greater good, hitting the BRB one more time... ITS OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDD
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 15, 2009, 04:52:39 PM
Making your way down the hallway once more you find that nothing has changed and that the door is locked (you receive no burns of course)

The floor is still highly electrified, the only door safely acessable is the entrance to Stage VI (as Rudkin correctly deduced the entrance door to Stage VII is locked).

Pressing the B.R.B. The indicator moves slowly to 9,000+ the humming becomes erratic and pulses and becomes deafaning, there are a number of buzzes and then
*Click-Chack-snap-clack*(bolt unlocking noises from the direction of the entrance, Stage VI and Exit doors)

The Room is still loudly humming
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 15, 2009, 05:14:35 PM
Well, I'm glad that you pointed out that they were "unlocking noises" otherwise I would be rather concerned that we were trapped inside.

It may be the death of me, but I will continue to assume that unlocked doors are safe (even if they are broken). I will once again go through the door to the Laser Room, safely go across the steamy laser web and try the door at the far end (again!) One of these times it's going to open!

@taupro777: While it is true I could just backtrack and not push the button as you did, I figure it's easier to just go along with everything unless it is a direct cause of someone's death. It's less for everyone (myself included) to keep track of. If I really don't want to do something that was mentioned I'll make a point of it. Still, thanks for the reminder! I was probably going to push the button anyway, since there appeared to be little else to do.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 15, 2009, 09:02:21 PM
I follow Rudkin because it seems smart, and I also step through the door unless there is immediate danger.
-JeepDriver
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: blinky jungle(REM) on May 17, 2009, 10:55:58 AM
Haven't been on this thread for a long time and I am going to run to the unlocked door avoiding all dangers unless there is we can't then I have a nap.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: premetheus on May 17, 2009, 11:01:06 AM
one of the settings turns off the boiling water right? has anyone checked to see if there is anything in the pool now it will not kill us?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on May 18, 2009, 12:19:17 PM
imma go to the exit door that unlocked (none of the ones weve been into) and test it for electricity... then open it!  spitting on it to test for electricity.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 26, 2009, 11:21:54 PM
Traversing the floor and opening the door to Stage 6 you can see the steam rise up from the vent slits in the floor, the series of diagonal, and horizontal laser beams now clearly visible. Making you way to the other end of the hall (and reciving no burns) You twist the knob and the door opens revealing a tiny closet like room with only one feature.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/voltswitch.jpg)
There is nothing else of import or interest in or around the room.

Sorry about the delay, I had other obligations. The Next Stage (stage 8 ) will be the final stage and will have a very difficult rule.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 27, 2009, 12:32:09 AM
Does the lever appear to be metal and/or conductive (admittedly the latter is hard to gauge by just looking)? Also, can I hear anything (like a hum similar to that in the Metal Room) that would indicate the presence of an electrical charge?

@ Anyone: Any ideas on how can we safely pull the lever in case it, too, is electrified? I would be tempted to try stringing my shoes together somehow, weighing them down (again, somehow) and tossing the whole thing over the lever, but we have a lack of rope-like material and a lack of weights.... Still, it may not require a lot of force; the weight of a couple shoes might be enough.... Hm....

@Grimfang: Thank-you for all the time and work you put into this game! It has been really enjoyable.  :)

Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 27, 2009, 12:35:27 AM
There is no humming and the handle appears to be made of grey plastic (non-conductive I promise).

Thanks everyone for playing it and making it enjoyable. I would have more stages but my developments have not come to fruition. Perhaps in the future there will be a second escape game.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 27, 2009, 03:25:51 AM
Well, since it's apparently non-conductive, I'll pull the lever down and unless something strange happens in this closet, I'll head back to the Metal Room!

60659
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 28, 2009, 03:51:33 AM
Headed back into the hallway, you see that the Lasers are gone, and the steam is still running, entering the metal room (stage 7) you hear that there is no longer any humming, the L.E.D. display is dark.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Lt. Raen on May 28, 2009, 08:20:40 AM
Okay as my first move i am going to take a gamble and walk across the metal floor to the VII door and try to open it anyway possible.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 28, 2009, 07:45:58 PM
Ok I AM going to walk across, but before that I push the button above the danger zone and walk! Prepared to lose.. I guess

EDIT: Across the metal floor
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on May 29, 2009, 05:15:19 PM
Stepping out onto the metal floor, there is nothing, no hiss,no humm, no feeling.
You reach the door and grab the handle......

Click, it opens into an empty hallway, which you step into, behind you the door closes and locks, there is only 1 door at the end of the hall marked "Stage 8"
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on May 29, 2009, 09:30:43 PM
(Hoping not to steal anyone (Rudkin's) thunder.  :P )

I make my way along the hall very slowly and inspect the walls, floor and roof in front of me very closely as I go.
If I see anything different, unusual or suspicious I will stop.
Otherwise I walk up to the door.

If I make it that far then I inspect the door and the handle very closely (including listening to them).
If there is nothing special about the door and a reasonable person wouldn't suspect anything from it, I turn the handle.

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Lt. Raen on May 30, 2009, 12:43:51 AM
Hmmmmm. . .
I have a bad feeling about this, it cant be that easy can it?
i will inspect the 'fourth' wall and then the rest of the room from where i am currently standing but will not follow Balthraka to the other end of the room.

Ih and is their any noises in the room?

Raen
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Rudkin on May 30, 2009, 01:29:31 AM
I am also going to wait. This seems disturbingly easy.

Are there any odd patterns or markings on the floor/walls/ceiling or are they the generic marble?

@ Balthraka: Like I said, steal away! We know we're almost out; I'd like to see it casualty-free from here on out, but at the end of the day, so long as I survive it's all okay with me.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on May 31, 2009, 04:20:27 PM
I look up, and inspect my surroundings, also, I look at the back of the door/ handle (the one I just came through)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1 on May 31, 2009, 10:19:27 PM
Alright. I got my chicken. Let's do this: LLLEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! mmmmmmmmmJJJEEENNKI NKINNSS!!!"

I will dash madly towards the door and attempt to open it.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: taupro777 on September 30, 2009, 09:18:15 AM
WHy did noone ever finish this?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Ail-Shan on October 1, 2009, 06:23:25 PM
awww. I just spent like 4 hours reading all those hoping to join in and it's DEAD?
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: speedy on October 2, 2009, 08:16:26 AM
Was a cool game, wonder what happened to the GM.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on February 27, 2010, 05:45:30 AM
Stepping down the hall way towards the door you feel a sudden sickness, as if some ancient thread has been pulled forth from grave.

Seriously though,

Stepping down the hallway towards the door marked STAGE 8
You twist the handle and the door glides away from you opening with a mechanical motion.
Inside you see the room before you
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Stage8.jpg)
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Ail-Shan on February 27, 2010, 07:47:44 AM
what do I hear/feel when I enter the room? Look at the wall I just came through. (great to have you back). Also look at the ceiling.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: 4084595657 on February 27, 2010, 08:32:07 AM
I try the door at the other side? :P
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on February 27, 2010, 09:05:08 PM
Entering the room it feels the same as any other, empty and at a brisk 72 degrees. The room its self is square and about 12 feet on one side.
On the ceiling there is nothing but the white marble and the floor and walls are the same.
Behind you you see the following.
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Stage82.jpg)
Other wise there is nothing else of import or interest in the room.


WARNING: Stage 8 is an elimination round meaning that any posts made after this one will be replied to separately, after a certain date. At this point in time the date is set to one week from today (though it may change to be earlier or later). This means that I will be accepting action posts but you will all find out how you fared at the SAME TIME. Choose your next actions wisely, I assure you there is a right way and a wrong way and it is VERY defined. They may be several rounds.
 
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Ail-Shan on February 27, 2010, 11:09:39 PM
Question: What if we then do not post for the week until someone else (or a few other people) go through for us? Is there a requirement to continue the game? Of course, if no one continues the game (as in everyone tries this strategy) the game can't continue, so in essence there isn't much purpose in trying this unless you really don't know what to try next or you aren't able to access the forum.


Regardless, I check the wall behind the door to the last room. I do NOT close the door fully, but just check the space behind the door. Afterwards (if I'm not dead) I return the door to the position it currently is in.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on February 27, 2010, 11:22:28 PM
Sure, examine the opposite door and the sign.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: speedy on March 3, 2010, 04:57:49 PM
slowly close the door we came through but not all the way, just to see if there is something on the wall behind the opened door.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: JeepDriver on March 9, 2010, 01:11:42 AM
I of course run through the hallway and open the door, finally escaping the test chambers.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: (iNsertnamehere) on June 15, 2010, 08:52:50 AM
I feel like I missed all the fun!

If its not too late I'd like to carefully examine both of the doors.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on November 10, 2010, 01:51:59 AM
Sure, examine the opposite door and the sign.

Azore of Ath-Ron
The Opposite Door and Sign are exactly the same make as all the other doors in the other chambers. The sign has no more detail than what is shown.

Closing the door you came through (but not all the way) you inspect the wall behind it and the door itself, neither of which have any differences or additional details. You cannot hear see or smell anything different than any of the other chambers. The room is exactly how it is pictured.


The door you entered in through is now slightly ajar instead of fully open.
Please make your next action posts.

STAGE VII AWARDS
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/firstout.jpg) First to Escape the Stage: Lt. Raen
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/thinker.jpg) Good Idea Award: for discovering the solution to the Stage: Rudkin
(http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/Iga_Ninja/Can%20you%20Escape/honosable.jpg) Everyone else who contributed.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Balthraka on November 10, 2010, 03:15:20 AM
Wow.
Long time no see Grimfang!
Haha.

So... We escaped Stage 7?
Do we get a description of Stage 8?

-B
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Ail-Shan on November 10, 2010, 03:48:18 AM
Stage 8 is the one described at the bottom of the last page I believe.
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: Grimfang on November 10, 2010, 04:40:37 AM
The room has in fact already been described but here it is again.

"Entering the room it feels the same as any other, empty and at a brisk 72 degrees. The room its self is square and about 12 feet on one side.
On the ceiling there is nothing but the white marble and the floor and walls are the same."

Go ahead and make your action post for this stage so we can finish this and I can clear me conscience : P
Title: Re: Can you Escape?
Post by: azore24 on December 8, 2010, 09:40:34 AM
I think we still have a shoe left, so I'll toss it across the room at the far door.

Azore of Ath-Ron