News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Current plastic Pheonix Guard cloaks?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Current plastic Pheonix Guard cloaks?
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
I'm thinking of converting a few of these models, but when I take a look on at the sprue on the website, it loks like part of the cloak is on a seperate arm piece. Does it spoil the effect is that section is missing or is it really easy to putty it up for a clean edge.. does it even need putty.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Current plastic Pheonix Guard cloaks?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:07:08 PM »
Do you mean these guys?

Looks to me, that the cloak is only attached to their backs. The part which goes over the front of their arms is attached to the front torso.

What are you trying to use the cloaks for? As you might have a hell of a time filling down the back of the torso off of them.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Current plastic Pheonix Guard cloaks?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 05:17:40 PM »
Not sure about the drummer, but the halbred and banner guys have q thin strip of cloak that is part of the arm. Turns out is not a big deal, you can easy fill in the connection or just leave it really.

The Torso is split in two, and the from "clips" that go over the shoulder pads are part of the front half. You could trip the back half of the torso and an Eldar front torso to match, then just greenstuff up some clips.

Not a big deal for me, I'm using them as the base for some exodite fire dragons.