News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: plannjed 2000 point craftworld list.  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Kora

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
plannjed 2000 point craftworld list.
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
Hey guys/gals.  I am working towards building a list up to 2000 points for across a 12 weeek escalation league at the nearest GW store to me.   This is my planned total list, as I have it already broken down into a grow into force for each points level. 

I am looking at taking Craftworld Iyanden for the stoic endurance, since I am building my list around the wraithguard start collecting box set(s).  In the end it will be two detachments for maximizing my CP.   After some consideration I have decided to go with Ulthwe, their trait is better suited all around instead of just wraith lords really getting the major benefit.

Spearhead Detachment:
Farseer w/singing spear, guide and doom, Ulthwe warlord trait.
Wraith lord w/ghostglaive, 2 shuriken catapults, and 2 shuriken cannons
Wraith Lord w/ fists, 2 shuriken catapults, and 2 Aeldari Missle launchers
War walkers x2, each with 2 Aeldari Missle Launchers
Nightspinner w/ spirit stones
Warp Spiders x8, exarch with two death spinners

Vanguard Detachment:
Spiritseer w/enhance/drain
Bonesinger
Wraithblades x5, w/ ghost axes and force shields
    Wave serpent w/ shuriken cannon, twin linked shuriken cannons, and spirit stones
Wraithguard x5, w/ D-scythes
Wraithguard x5, w/ wraithcannons
Hemlock Wraithfighter w/Jinx

Total points comes up to 1997(based on my calculations, if I am wrong someone please correct me).    Anyways I just wanted to get your opinion on how balanced this army seems.   I am allowed to take a Lord of war in the last 3 weeks, but I just can't justify the points for a wraith knight.   I feel I need the extra transports to get my guard across the table and feel the wraith knight is just too much of a fire magnet with no built in invunerable save, and to costly to have to pay for it, especially when compared to similar options for other armies. 

best part is this takes advantage of 2 start collecting boxes and allows me to be battle forged the entire way through.  Granted the first 500 points is difficult since I have to go with 2 wraith lords and a warwalker to fill 3 compulsory units and fit in a detachment still as wraith guard/blades are to pricy to start and I can't get 3 of them in at 500 points.   After that, we have 2 week brackets and it goes up 250 every two weeks till the last two week jump which is 500.   

I forgot to mention I do have to keep my army battle forged throughout the event which is why I am starting with a spearhead detachment then going to multiple detachments towards later weeks.  I also can not field more than 3 of the same units during the event, so this is why I am partially looking at taking the wraithblades over 3 units of wraithguards.  While I would still be considered legal, I am trying to not take more than 2 to be safe, plus those axes and force shields look cool.   I also must keep the same chapter tactic/army trait, in this case craftworld trait through out the event.   

I have made some changes to the list, I dropped a second wave serpent and going for that strategem that was recommended, and going with the warlord trait that was recommended as well.  I also added a unit of warp spiders in place of the wave serpent, it gives me another unit for them to worry about and some added mobility in that unit, and adds something to the army that isn't a spirit host. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:58:46 PM by Kora »

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: plannjed 2000 point craftworld list.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
G'day Kora!
This system sounds exciting. Have never done anything like that before, so my advice would just a guess. Reads good to me... Best of luck!!

Offline Scorn

• Supreme Archon of Commorragh | Nasty Sky Juice | Title (and/or) Whore |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:31:56 PM »
If you haven't assembled the models yet I'd strongly advise magnetizing things like Wraithlords, Wave Serpents and War Walkers if at all possible.

In this case I'd consider replacing the Missile Launchers on the one Wraithlord and the War Walkers with Shuriken Cannons allowing for more mobility without reduction in firepower.

Points saved this way would allow you to upgrade the second unit of Wraithguard to D-scythes as opposed to Wraithcannons (I find the scythes much more flexible).

Sadly the Iyanden Craftworld Trait isn't that helpful to Wraithguard though it will keep your Wave Serpents operating at max efficiency for a little extra time.  The Guided Wraithsight Stratagem and Iyanden Relic may be helpful.
Rejoice.  Despair. 
Fate does not care.
Each knotted mind entwined. 
Each soul another's bind.
And blind though we are led. 
In time we do know when, to cut a thread.
-Erfworld

Offline Kora

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 04:15:04 AM »
well i am willing to change the weapons on the wraithlord, the war walkers I really didn't plan on moving to be honest.  I am using them as more firesupport and the missle launcher gives me the option to hunt vehicles or hunt infantry not to mention 48 inch range.  The cannons you recommend while assault weapons, are only 24 inch range.   I was planning on having the one wraith lord with the fists be more of a fire base, especially since the two wave serpents are loaded with cannons.  I was debating on giving it more dedicated anti tank options since I really don't have that in the army outside the hemlock wraith fighter's flamers. 
Also the second wraithguard i gave them the cannons since they are on foot and I was thinking the extra range might allow them to actually do something more often.   

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:10:09 AM »
Regarding transports: your squad of WG with cannons is a prime candidate for Webway deployment using Webway Strike stratagem. Spending just 1 CP you save points on an extra transport.

Nightspinner doesn't really need CTM, unless you're buying it for the last unused points.

Iyanden warlord trait is kind of weak. If your warlord is the Farseer, I'd go for Seer of the Shifting Vector.

And, most importantly - it saddens me to say this, but there's still no real point in Wraithblades. Unless you want to build them purely for variety and aesthetic reasons, I'd replace them with one more unit of D-scythes. If you're short on points - drop the Bonesinger, he's really not that good.

I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Kora

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »
honestly I like the look of the unit, and would like to have one melee unit (just in case).  I also already built the blades, as I am still working on getting the other units.   The bonesinger I bought and figured I might as well use him, he wont see play till the last two weeks anyways, but since I bought him I will use him.  I will probably drop the CTM as you suggest, I just added it just in case, but I can see about shaving some points where I can.   

As for the iyanden trait, I will look into it the others, it benefits the wraith lords but that is about it.   I may look at one of the other traits instead, was torn between sticking to iyanden or taking either ulthwe or alitoc.  I do like the chance to not take a wound so will probably go with Ulthwe instead.   

And I will look at that strategem you suggested, especially if it means one less wave serpent which could get me either another unit (like reapers or warp spiders), or another tank/flyer in the list.