flood

News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warhammer Total War  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Bees. My God.
Re: Warhammer Total War
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
Tomb Kings roster revealed:

Tomb Kings Roster Reveal - Total War

It covers pretty much everything. Some differences are:
- There are no Hierophant Lords, only Heroes. There is also no need to have a Hierophant in every army.
- Tomb Heralds are followers and not battlefield characters (partly this is because standards aren't really a thing in Total War).
- Tomb Swarms are an army ability and not a unit (there are no other swarm units in the game either.)
- the Casket of Souls can only be recruited through a rite (a special ability that requires certain objective to be met) and it can also move around on a spinning pile of bones (kinda like how the dwarven stationary rune forge thing is also mobile in Total War).
- There are ranged and melee ushabti, but the melee ushabti have been rolled into one instead of a double-sworded and great-weapon variant. The melee Ushabti have an animation where they occasionally combine their twin weapons into a great weapon to strike with. No idea whether this has any practical effect or if it's just aesthetic.
- Most notably, there are no Bone Giants/Necrolith Colossi. Their tactical role have largely been taken over by other units, including the Hierotitan, which is the giant staute firing laser beams from its eyes.

- There are also two new units:
-- Nehekharan Warriors are a double-sworded melee skeleton unit that serves as an intermediate between Skeleton Warriors with spears, and the Tomb Guard (who come in two variants).
-- Nehekharan Horsemen are upgraded versions of Skeletal Horsemen(sp?), and have swords instead of lances, iirc.

Not all of this info is in the site above, it's gleamed from dev logs and livestreams and the like.

Also, for the heck of it, the starting position of all the Legendary Lords in both maps:
- Settra starts in Khemri in both Vortex and Mortal Empires.
- Arkhan the Black starts in the Wizard-Caliph's Palace in Vortex and the Sorcerer's Isles in Mortal Empires.
- Khalida starts in the Lost Isle in Vortex (in Lustria), and in Lybaras in Mortal Empires.
- Khatep starts in Scarpel's Lair in Vortex (Naggaroth) and Plain of Spiders in Mortal Empires (Naggaroth)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | I killed Dayan and all I got was this stupid rock...
  • Global Moderator
  • Soņando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Globals do not play 40K
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 05:26:35 AM »
Thanks for the information :).

That all sounds really promising in my opinion.  I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of those units in action, especially the Ushabti, whose melée attacks looked spectacular in the trailer.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • I am a Hufflepuff
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »
Bretonnia are getting a few tweaks during the general update. Also a new Skaven lord and other patches.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | I killed Dayan and all I got was this stupid rock...
  • Global Moderator
  • Soņando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Globals do not play 40K
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 04:59:13 PM »
The Tomb Kings look incredible from the Let's Plays that I have been watching.  They have really made them feel so alive and vibrant.  The feel of the Land of the Dead has been captured superbly.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente