Tomb Kings roster revealed:Tomb Kings Roster Reveal - Total War
It covers pretty much everything. Some differences are:
- There are no Hierophant Lords, only Heroes. There is also no need to have a Hierophant in every army.
- Tomb Heralds are followers and not battlefield characters (partly this is because standards aren't really a thing in Total War).
- Tomb Swarms are an army ability and not a unit (there are no other swarm units in the game either.)
- the Casket of Souls can only be recruited through a rite (a special ability that requires certain objective to be met) and it can also move around on a spinning pile of bones (kinda like how the dwarven stationary rune forge thing is also mobile in Total War).
- There are ranged and melee ushabti, but the melee ushabti have been rolled into one instead of a double-sworded and great-weapon variant. The melee Ushabti have an animation where they occasionally combine their twin weapons into a great weapon to strike with. No idea whether this has any practical effect or if it's just aesthetic.
- Most notably, there are no Bone Giants/Necrolith Colossi. Their tactical role have largely been taken over by other units, including the Hierotitan, which is the giant staute firing laser beams from its eyes.
- There are also two new units:
-- Nehekharan Warriors are a double-sworded melee skeleton unit that serves as an intermediate between Skeleton Warriors with spears, and the Tomb Guard (who come in two variants).
-- Nehekharan Horsemen are upgraded versions of Skeletal Horsemen(sp?), and have swords instead of lances, iirc.
Not all of this info is in the site above, it's gleamed from dev logs and livestreams and the like.
Also, for the heck of it, the starting position of all the Legendary Lords in both maps:
- Settra starts in Khemri in both Vortex and Mortal Empires.
- Arkhan the Black starts in the Wizard-Caliph's Palace in Vortex and the Sorcerer's Isles in Mortal Empires.
- Khalida starts in the Lost Isle in Vortex (in Lustria), and in Lybaras in Mortal Empires.
- Khatep starts in Scarpel's Lair in Vortex (Naggaroth) and Plain of Spiders in Mortal Empires (Naggaroth)