News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Gorkanaut and Morkanaut.... Thoughts?  (Read 4096 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Gorkanaut and Morkanaut.... Thoughts?
« on: May 31, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »
So we are getting some early love from GW....

Brutal 'n' Kunnin? Collection | Games Workshop Webstore

A kit that can be built as a Gorkanaut or a Morkanaut or magnatized for both.   

Limited transport capacity at only half a dozen models and no fire points but maybe an option for a kan wall build army with Morkanaut being able to take a KFF.

I honestly think they look a bit too much like those fat transformers in the last Transformers movie.  I think they will make a nice addition to the orks,  with more to come...

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
Re: Gorkanaut and Morkanaut.... Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »
You know...I love the idea of a big AV transport.  Something other than 11, 11, 10... or a truck...Ok, it can't carry alot of troops, but I wants one to carry nobs and WB across a field of fire and deposit them in front of an unsuspecting IG command platoon or Tau Command group.  Big guns, shield generator, KMB, rokkits...what's not to love?  I've seen 'em in my LGS and am counting the pennies to get it...
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 11:31:26 AM »
I'm personally kinda meh on the 'Naughts.  My first impression of the kit itself still kinda sits with me, the body is riding too low, the legs aren't placed well, let alone appear to have enough omph to move the vehicle, the Mega armored style box around the head just doesn't work, and from an OCD perspective you can't call something a Belly Gun when it's less than an inch from the face.

I'd have rather had the Mega/Meka Dread, which is also more reasonably point costed and not yet another smaller version of a Gargant.  Both 'Naughts are very point heavy, and honestly that's making me nervous for what the point costs for Wagons, Dreads, Kannons, and Buggies are gonna look like.

On the rules side, I think the concept of Transport on the Naught is more of a gimmick than anything else.  It's a Walker after all, it's not exactly moving like a red paint job.  I do admit to really liking the change to Grot Riggers that's mentioned in the Naught issue of White Dwarf, it's really a mandatory thing for a Naught, possibly for every vehicle we take now (just hoping the points are more reasonable for a Buggy/Trakk or Wagon).

Nevertheless I know that unlike the Stompa, I won't be able to hold out forever, I'm going to breakdown and build a Naught I already know this.  Scratchbuild specifically, the design is perfect for a klassic Russbot, instead of the large belly cannon, that's your access point.  Sure if I do this it technically will have Trakks instead of legs, but I think that'll be ok.

Waaagh On!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:59 PM »
Darn, and I was hoping for new rockit buggy models, instead we get more kan wall stuff. I probably will get one just because, but might not use it except in really big games, however, I think I will wait until it goes on sale for half off (about next codex release).
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:02:13 AM »
Hey Boyz,

Been really busy krumpin in RL so hadn't had much time with 40k.  I see our Orksies are getting some love, I'm meh about the dready types coming out, looking forward to SF love, hopefully in the next batch hey.

You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »
For the cost difference of about $10, it makes me want to get a stompa even more. It'll give me something almost three times the size and even more God awfully extravagant. Yes , I know there are lots of bits you get to make either configuration, but I'd be hard pressed to find something to scale that those bits would fit with.

I think the naut just sold me on a stompa. I can always play as counts as and I'm sure my opponent won't mind the bigger target.

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 05:24:28 AM »
That was very similar to my first thought of "Who will by a 'naut when they can get a Stompa for a little bit more?"

-----

Also the cost for some Forge World stuff, especially their Characters are now at an equivalent cost to GW...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:25:54 AM by Fio'la Slick Samos »
Play more games, paint more models...