News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tyranids vs Iyanden (Huge Update!!)  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Hybrid-9

Tyranids vs Iyanden (Huge Update!!)
« on: October 16, 2005, 12:30:36 PM »
I've redone my battlereport because the last one was a bit sloppy and written in a very not-interesting way actually.
This is more of a story than an actual report, I hope you guys like this better.....enjoy!
(It takes place on a lush planet with lots of huge ancient trees...  :P)

Hive Fleet Carnage
Hive Tyrant CC: Wings, Toxin sacs, Adrenal glands(I) and (WS), Implant attack, 2 scytalons, warpfield

Hive Tyrant Shooty (+ Tyrant Guard): Enhanced senses, Extended carpace, Toxin sacs, Barbed strangler, venom
                                                               cannon, Catalyst
3 x Warriors
Enhanced senses, bio-plasma, extended carpace, toxin sacs, 1 twin-linked deathspittr, 2 twin-linked devourers

8 x genestealers
extended carpace

16 x hormagaunts
toxin sacs, adrenal glands (I)

16 x Termagants

3 x Ripper swarms

2 x raveners
Rending and scytalons

2 x zoanthropes
Warp blast and synapse

Carnifex
Venom Cannon/Barbed Strangler, enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, bonded exoskeleton, extended carpace

1500 = 55 models

Iyanden/Harlequins
Farseer
Witchblade,Ghosthelm, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Mind War, Fortune
Warlock
Witchblade, Enhance
Warlock
Witchblade, Conceal

10 x Wraithguard
Warlock
Witchblade, Conceal

Wraithlord
Flamer (x2) Bright Lance

Falcon Grav-Tank
Shuriken Cannon Upgrade, Star Cannon, Pulse Laser, Holo-Field, Spirit Stone

7 x Guardian Defender Squad
2 x Grav Platform & Crew
Scatter Laser

10 Harlequin Troupe
Plasma P. & Kiss (x2); Shuriken P. & CCW (x8)

1 Great Harlequin
Harlequin's Kiss, Domino Field, Powerblades, Bio-Explosive Ammo, Tanglefoot Grenades

3 Rangers

1500 = 39 models

Deployment:http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Battle-map.gif

Iyanden/Harlequins: From the upper left to right = 3 rangers, the harlequin troops, Wraithlord, farseer with 2 warlock under it the guardian squad. next to them the wraithguard and the warlock in the middle and then the falcon in the very right corner.
Tyranids: From bottom left to right: Hormagaunts and the hive tyrant (with guard). Brown thing is ravener(dark brown) and below it is a zoanthrope ( lightbrown).
purple things are termagants. Yellow things are the warriors and above it (green things) are the rippers. big Blue-ish is carnifex, then again a ravener and a zoanthrope. And then the dark red things are the genestealers with the flying hive tyrant.

Tyranids Turn 1
Move http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-move1.gif

Lightning struck in the blackened sky. The heavy rain reduced the eldars range of sight, the Farseer could only see what was a glimpse of chitin carpace moving, getting ready to attack as one. The Hive mind feels the fear of the eldar guardians, the fear of the unknown. The hormagaunts, manoeuvring between the ancient trees were being led by the Hive Tyrant who could see the camouflaged eldar rangers hiding in the trees, if the rangers were already aware of the tyranids is not for sure... The genestealers have been scouting this planet for days and have finally reached what they were looking for, food. Having waited in the ancient woods for several weeks, made them see the weak spots of the outpost... running from cover to cover made them unseen to Eldar eyes.
The carnifex stood tall upon a hill and with it’s senses enhanced it could see very well in the cold darkness, waiting for impulses by the Hive Mind.
The tyranids are on the move...

Shoot http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-shoot-1.gif

The Farseer knows what was about to happen, yet nobody else knew. Just when he was about to telepathically inform his troops about the current situation, he saw one flash uncovering a tyranid warrior for a second. The guardians were splattered with acid from a deathspitter. They saw two comrades being dissolved in a few seconds, the others were lucky enough with some burn marks...
At this point every eldar was aware that their time has finally come to prove themselves worth.
The Harlequins were called to help the outpost, and they would enjoy another challenge on this lush planet.
The Hive Tyrant aimed at these acrobatic warriors, and shoots three blobs of acids and enzymes. Two harlequins managed to dodge these shots with moves that defied gravity itself, these blobs dissolved most of the trees behind them. The third harlequin was unable to dodge the high velocity blob and was disintegrated in a pile of goo...

Assault http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-assault-1.gif

The Hive Mind ordered the hormagaunts to attack the rangers, who were just informed about the presence of the tyranids. One ranger takes a look with his night vision binocular strapped on it’s sniper rifle and immediately sees the hormagaunts. He turned his head and yells to his brethren:
“Incoming!!!”
Turns his head back to his gun, and saw a hormagaunt leaping in the air towards the ranger... The ranger looked for a second with fear and pulled himself together and shot the hormagaunt out of the air...BANG!!! The other seven hormagaunts entered the bunker, high in the trees and slaughtered two rangers with sheer number of claws. The third ranger tried to escape and drops himself trough the escape hatch, a couple of hormagaunts just jump from the ranger corpse to the hatch...the ranger was surrounded and killed without any sign of mercy.

Eldar Turn 1
Move  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Eldar-move-1.gif

As the harlequins saw the hormagaunts leaping , they try to get there in time to rescue the rangers. Just about when they saw the ranger fall from tree bunker they knew it was to late. The wraithlord moved closer towards the warriors, how many there were was not know but the strength and toughness of the wraithlord was superior to that of any tyranid known. The farseer contacted the warlock who commanded the wraithguard and made them look for cover. The Great Harlequin arrived in the falcon and hovered over the trees.

Shoot  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Eldar-Shoot-1.gif

The wraithlord saw the shine of the zoanthrope’s warp field and locked onto it with its bright lance. Lightning struck the sky again and the blinding light made the wraithlord miss its target. The first organism the guardians could actually see in the darkness and trough the thick rain were ripper swarms. These guardians were not fools and knew what horrors these tiny things are capable of and aim the scatter laser... the shots scattered everywhere and hit  a single group of rippers, only twitching afterwards. The wraithguard who were marching for cover noticed termagants hiding. The warlock ordered to shoot and tree termagants were struck down, the rest of the brood was not even visible. Harlequins surrounded the hormagaunts in utter silence and are ready to strike with such swiftness that all the hormagaunts would be killed in just an instance. But what they forgot is that if one tyranids knows, then all do and the hive tyrant knew...  shuriken pistols were fired and two hormagaunts died.
The Great harlequin hoovered in its position and saw something in the air, screeching, flapping amazingly large leathery and strong wings... there was no doubt, this was a Hive Tyrant. Without hesitation the falcon shoots with it’s star cannon and pulse laser. Seeing three powerfull blows he knew the Hive Tyrant was severely injured, but furious none the less...

Assault http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Eldar-Assault-1.gif

“Chaarge!”
And suddenly all the harlequins came out of the woods like ghosts and sliced the hormagaunts ruthlessly. No hormagaunt was left after this slaughtering and a handfull of harlequins were taken down with them...
Trough the darkness, not much has yet been revealed to the farseer. He could only imagine what was yet to come. It is going to be a long a hard night...

Tyranids Turn 2
Move http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-move-2.gif

The thundering of the clouds was eardeafening, the noise of the heavy rain was overwhelming. The tyranids quietly moved into position to strike, to unleash  hell and chaos.
The termagants ran forward, ready to cover the guardians with borer beetles. The ground near the termagants was moving strangely, dirt flew a couple of inches in the air as it were the raveners doing their work...digging trough the earth. The two remaining harlequins stared at their fallen brethren and were unaware that the hormagaunts were used as bait. The genestealers had their eyes on the wraithguard, they are ready to strike by the will of the hive mind.

Shoot  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-shoot-2.gif

The hive tyrant roared when lifting the gigantic Venom Cannon and shot another round of acids and enzymes towards the  two remaining harlequins, but the mighty roar alarmed them so they barely managed to avoid the series of shots. The squad of guardians stood strong and were ready to shoot everything in sight... but they were not ready for the horrors that were unleashed upon them. The termagants fired the guardians, and while not that many hits occurred the bullets seemed to be eggs. These eggs hatched as fast as they hit the ground and the borer beetles were born, hastily crawling upon the bodies of the guardian and eating its way trough the armour and towards the bones. The screams seemed endless, the whole unit was eaten away. Meanwhile, the zoanthrope had the falcon in sight and focused his mind to unleash a devastating blast. The psychic blast managed to hit the vehicle but the force field surrounding the skimmer absorbed the blast. Another blast hit the falcon this time it was the carnifex who stunned the crew aboard the vehicle, which is still hoovering above the ancient trees.

Assault  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-assault-2.gif

Still trying to stabilize itself, the falcon saw the Hive Tyrant flapping its wings and making speed towards the Great Harlequin. With spread wings it flew right under the falcon and for a minute the beast was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly they heard claws attaching to the hull... scratching.... tapping....
In a split second one of its huge scything talons pierced trough the back and hit vital energy suppliers, the hive tyrant let loose of the falcon as it was about to crash into the ground.
As the falcon hits the ground, two raveners shoot out from it near the wraithlord. With snakelike moves they crawled upon the wraithguard and slashed their rending claws into the wraithbone.
“How can this be?” the farseer watched with disbelieve as he saw the mighty wraithlord fall from only two beast not even half its size.
The harlequins were still staring at it’s fallen brothers, some of them their best friends in life...when suddenly out of the darkness even more hormagaunts leaped towards combat. The harlequins, furiously clashed their blades with razer sharp claws, they dodged swift attacks and sliced their way trough hordes of hormagaunts. All of the foul beast were killed, but he saw his fried down on the ground, holding his blades...covered in blood.
The wraithguard were surprised from the leaping rippers, they seem to be faster than you’d think. The wraithguard stomped  two wound of the broods, the strength of the armour made the guards seem untouchable to these small critters. Two wraithguards in the back of the unit dropped to the ground and as they turned, they saw the genestealers coming out of the thick grown woods...ambushing them.

Eldar Turn 2
Move http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Eldar-move-2.gif

The lone Harlequin managed to survive things so far, he saw the Hive Tyrant getting ready to shoot.
“Run” he said to himself.
Together with his two warlocks ,the farseer saw it was needed that he had to help his wraithguard unit before it was too late. The Great Harlequin crawled out of the wreckage and saw the Hive Tyrant flapping its wings, touching the ground before him. As the two stood face to face, lighting struck the dark sky and the heavy rain dripped of the chitin carpace...

Assault  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Eldar-assault-2.gif

The Great Harlequin and the Hive tyrant... 2 monsters and masters of Close Combat finally engaged in a battle which soon became legendary. The great Harlequin is an acrobatic fighter and with the help of flip belts and domino fields it's prowess was unmatched... The Hive tyrant was a beast solely bred for carnage with it's heightened reflexes and weapons skills, it's strength taken out of proportion... these were great fighters indeed. But the Hive Tyrant was already severely injured and the great harlequin had seen this. 8 hits were made upon the beast and with a 2+ save it could survive... a 3, a 3 and a 1...!!!! The carpace cracked open!! the Great Harlequin was glad this fight was over, but there were lots of more enemies in need of slaughter.
As the farseer got to his unit, he swiftly destroyed all the rippers before they had the time to strike but as the genestealers were still dragging down wraithguard after wraithguar they knew the difficulty of the oncoming battles

tyranids Turn 3
Move and Shooting phase  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-move-and-shoot-3.gif

As he saw the harlequin run, the Hive Tyrant blasted away with it’s barbed strangler to ensure it would not survive for sure. The accuracy and the blast range of the weapon was too strong and too big...
As it saw his leader go down, the zoanthrope blasted away a psychic blast towards the Great Harlequin and managed to wound it. As the Hive Mind wills it the carnifex blasts away with its barbed strangler and manages to hit the Great Harlequin. As the devastating blast is just too powerfull, the Great Harlequin crumbles to the ground.

Assault  http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Tyranid-assault-3.gif

The genestealers dropped another two more wraithguard, the rain slowed them down but their superior strength, toughness and armour made them equal opponents in this battle. They retaliate against the genestealers and smashed down three genestealers. Yet with their superiority, a single wraithguard got surprised by a charging termagant and died for his arrogance together with one more due to the genestealers.
On the other side of the battle was the farseer and his warlock. The snakelike raveners leaped over the slain wraithlord and struck a blow against the farseer. With response he took his singing spear stabbed it to certain death...

Eldar Turn 3
End http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/Hybrid-9/Eldar-end.gif

The Farseer did not see this fare well. He ordered his squads to get back to the outposts, where they would be much saver than in the ancient forrest. Only there could they contact rescue from this doomed world...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 05:10:15 PM by Hybrid-9 »
Sorry to say... but you'll get bitten when you click... I warned you!
http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38045765

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
Re: Tyranids vs Iyanden/Harlequins (1500 with selfmade plans)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
great batrep but i didnt use the map as i didnt have time, was pretty close at the start but you got some lucky roles. 4 stars (maps arent perfect, though i only looked at one)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline ::ËternaĺŇovice::

• A Hippies Version of Exterminatus
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 12:58:25 PM »
Nice game, well done report and congrats on the landslide of a win. Keep it up.

I started playing Tau three years ago, and now I'm dating a supermodel. Coincidence? I think not.

Current Projects: Slow Process of Ordering Warmachine Models. 0% Done.

I'm the Self Proclaimed Greatest Noob on 40konline!

Offline Hybrid-9

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 02:58:12 AM »
The maps aren't meant to be perfect, just to give you a quick view how things went  :D
this is just my second or third battlereport so it's definitely not perfect in any means...
and I found out that my brother used fortune in CC I thought, maybe it's possible (with eldar, you never know  ;D) his wraithguard squad wouldn't have lasted that long then.
Sorry to say... but you'll get bitten when you click... I warned you!
http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38045765