News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The 4th 40konline UK tournament  (Read 16356 times)

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
Re: The 4th 40konline UK tournament
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2007, 09:10:28 AM »
i think those rules are ok... though im no sure about those special characters... some of those are really off... and unbalanced, which is the reason why they arent in the codeces as standard choices in teh first place... of course, the new eldar and dark angels ones are standard choices, and thats because they have been apparently "tested" and more balanced. overall though, im not adverse to using special characters... (until i get outrageously sexy lycra-clad pixieed by a captain lysander army!)

as a note to Erriond:

those contacts can be used to send pms to all, but you have to make sure the name is written EXACTLY right (caps, underscores etc...) in your recipients in order for them to receive it. you can send pms to multiples by puting a comma between each... you should be warned which people did not receive the message.

on to the dates:

24th of March
31st of March
7th of April

i should remind people that these are not yet decided, and so we can use this time to decide... i was thinking that we ould start a poll in the polling booth to get peoples votes, and then go with the favourite... perhaps this is an idea, and we can sendto link to everyone in the "interest list" above. although you have to be wary of unscroupulous members from across the globe adding random votes!?

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2007, 11:19:44 AM »
I've made one in this board:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=132330.0

Give me a shout if you want anything changed or added. :)
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline NaOtama

« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »
OK, I've lodged my votes. Now I need to get painting.

Offline Sergant Alexi

• Its a funny world
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2007, 04:14:41 PM »
Does your army need to be painted to go or is it just preferred?
Gari Fireguard 12th Company
500 pts
W/D/L
-

Last Game
-

Offline small_furry_spider

• Council Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • www.small.furryspider.com
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Sorry, guys, I can't make any of the dates (I could not move the thing on the 24th). Have fun without me. I seem to be cursed with these tournaments. I will make one of them, one of these days.

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2007, 05:56:51 PM »
For Inquisitional forces its fine but not for other armies that are not normally allowed to do so. In essence if you take an inquisitor you can do more or less what you please. But no one else!

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2007, 09:36:24 AM »
whiloe erriond finishes smoking his spliff!?

Does your army need to be painted to go or is it just preferred?

your army does not have to be painted... but its always nicer to have a painted force.

a note is that we are not being strict in the terms of GW and their tournies. (which is why we are allowing things such as chapter app units)

that said, the current awards will be:

1st place (Gold)
2nd place (Silver)
3rd place (Bronze)

Best Army

you will be awarded a banner to display in your sig.

i am looking at perhaps some others... though i would have to create new banners for these too...

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »
Can someone tell me how to send a message to everyone in my now quite long buddies list please.

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:42 PM »
what about best sportmanship...that nomally goes to the persong who comes last in GW tournies but it doesnt and if there is someone who stands out with great sportmanship then they can get an award!

hmm to errrond and g00gle as i dont know anything about the site is there anywhere for food ??

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »
hmm to errrond and g00gle as i dont know anything about the site is there anywhere for food ??

The community centre is part of a small array of shops. There is a fish and chip shop that i can walk to from the venues doors in oooh about 10 seconds, and also a newsagent which is about an extra 5 second walk...

Best Sportsmanship sounds nice, but i wouldn't worry about all the awards too much, just go play some games and have some fun :)

Painted armies are preffered where possible (and more likely to get pictures put up on the site) but are not mandetory. WYSIWYG is enforced a lot more however as Erriond as said already.

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
WYSIWYG is enforced a lot more however as Erriond as said already.

Indeed as noone likes to find out that that coke can on the table is in fact a landraider packing 5 terminators with assult weapons...

I will soon be sending out an email. Please please please vote here http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=132330.0 so that I can no what dates are more popular. I think we are currently leaning towars the 31st of March... It is quite important so that we can get things organised soon.

Thanks all and hopefully we will manage to get this show on the road pretty soon!

Erriond

Offline NaOtama

« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »

WYSIWYG is enforced a lot more however as Erriond as said already.

Well I spent last night gluing tiny bits of plastic together and running greenstuff down one edge to make books of st lucius for all my Veteran superiors. I now have a six volume set of the entire works of st Lucius (at no more than 2 mm tall.)

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »
Well I spent last night gluing tiny bits of plastic together and running greenstuff down one edge to make books of st lucius for all my Veteran superiors. I now have a six volume set of the entire works of st Lucius (at no more than 2 mm tall.)

Lol!

Nicely painted too I hope? :D

I need to work out what I'm doing with my 'Deathwing' at the moment as I have double the amount of special weapons they are allowed to field, and am considering turning all the sergeants to having thunder hammers... Or i could just buy some scouts and do a lysander wing or some alterantive :S

If I even want to field a terminator army...

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »

lets all hope your teams cant fend off banshee assaults like on saturday then!!!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #274 on: February 26, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »

Lol!

Nicely painted too I hope? :D

I need to work out what I'm doing with my 'Deathwing' at the moment as I have double the amount of special weapons they are allowed to field, and am considering turning all the sergeants to having thunder hammers... Or i could just buy some scouts and do a lysander wing or some alterantive :S

Hmmm... large amounts of eldar players... lots of AP2.... Terminator armies...

HELLOO!!!

:D
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline NaOtama

« Reply #275 on: February 26, 2007, 05:06:42 PM »

lets all hope your teams cant fend off banshee assaults like on saturday then!!!

It is the highlight, of my not very illustrious 40k Career to date, and I suspect it will be for a long time. :)

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #276 on: February 26, 2007, 05:33:14 PM »
hello the london crew! i'm back!

after a long brake (rl sucks!)

i'm back and instrested in competeing again (2nd place in the 1st tournement! lib that was a lucky win!)

so any one want to PM me when and where? please?

jim

ps my club is no more (but i still have the tables and terrain if needed)
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #277 on: February 26, 2007, 05:36:44 PM »
huzzah! the general lives! good to hear from you! erriond will be pming peeps with details soon... there is a poll in teh forum regarding the possible dates... and you can find the post code of the ocation a couple of pages back... its looking like bracknel gaming club...

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2007, 05:43:06 PM »
huzzah! the general lives! good to hear from you! erriond will be pming peeps with details soon... there is a poll in teh forum regarding the possible dates... and you can find the post code of the ocation a couple of pages back... its looking like bracknel gaming club...

voted (31) and thanks

jim
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline -bill-

• Haemonculus: 2007 London 40K Online RTT Champion
    • Pine Lodge IFAs
« Reply #279 on: February 27, 2007, 09:41:20 AM »

If you need some termis I've got 5 assault and 5 shooty deathwing you can borow plus a LRC

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/billperkinsifa/Dark%20Angels/DeathwingLandraidersquad.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/billperkinsifa/Dark%20Angels/DADeathwingAssaultTermie.jpg
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:48:31 AM by -bill- »