News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New to Eldar, New to 40k, New to this forum  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Gravity

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
New to Eldar, New to 40k, New to this forum
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »
Hey there guys.

After struggling finally getting through the verification questions after 30 minutes (I've never had my intelligence so deliciously insulted by a website  ;D ), I came to greet everyone here. I'm sort of a newbie in wargames.

I've been building miniatures since I was small and started building WHFB pieces more than a decade ago, but it's always been an on-off relationship. About a year ago, I've finally gotten together a group motivated in the hobby, both for Fantasy and 40k. Now Fantasy I'm more versed in (I have an Empire army and will surely build a Wood Elf army sometime in the near future), but I've also grabbed the Eldar Codex and assembled/painted my first Wave Serpent.

Having no experience with 40k and any of its armies, I come here looking for wisdom both in terms of fluff AND crunch - I'm building a Craftworld Mymeara themed force, something I'll surely be posting about sometime.  8)

So yeah, thanks for having me!

PS - Screw the cryptic verification questions, hahahaha.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: New to Eldar, New to 40k, New to this forum
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:22:28 PM »
The verification questions are a consequence of mass spam attacks from 2009/10.  It's unfortunate that genuine members have to go through them, but we have to keep the spam accounts out.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.  There's plenty of material in Eldar board and articles section which may be of interest to you, and you're welcome to post your army list in the Eldar board if you want some feedback on it.  Just be sure to read the rules first ;).  It's good to have another Eldar player on board.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente