News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 56% increase from the much loved Games Workshop marketing department  (Read 406 times)

Offline Matt Bellamy

• "Loren shall never fall when i still draw breath"
    • Arcane-library
I haven't really paying much attention to G Ws rumours but, i have found a distrubing rumour. I have heard that Gw is pushing the prices from £15 to £18 for your regiment/squad box sets. I started the hobby when these were first being release for fantasy at £10, this is TALING THE PIss, that a 56% rise, i already feel a fool giving my cash for this plastic amphetamine parrot, and this upsets me :(

Games workshop is playing a dangerous game, much of its money comes from children who play 40k, but i can't imagine any good parent allowing their kids to spend so much for such little. It has been almost 6 years from my humble 40k days when my friends could believe the prices then, but now its pushing me out of the hobby. I think G W should consider their actions, or young veterans like my self will look further a field for their fantasy kicks. :P

Sorry for the rant
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 04:59:15 PM by The Bladesinger, an Elf of athel Loren »
"Agile as a Wildcat.
Deadly as a Serpeant.
Strong as a Bear.
Graceful as an Eagle.
Fear o' foe!
For the Wardancer are upon you!

Battle hymn and of the Wardancers.

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
Re:56% increase from the much loved Games Workshop marketing department
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 05:04:58 PM »
Hmm.....well, CAV and Aegyptus has some REALLY nice models. Then again, so does the Fantasy Reaver series......

Maybe Void would be nice....

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline Matt Bellamy

• "Loren shall never fall when i still draw breath"
    • Arcane-library
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 05:11:32 PM »
Can u give us their URL, please ;)
"Agile as a Wildcat.
Deadly as a Serpeant.
Strong as a Bear.
Graceful as an Eagle.
Fear o' foe!
For the Wardancer are upon you!

Battle hymn and of the Wardancers.

Offline Eldanesh

• The One and the Prime
  • Ancient
  • Remember Sammy Jankis
    • Cool Mini Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 05:14:03 PM »
Not too worried here,...GW hasn't made a new Eldar model in oh, I dunno,..4 years?

This has always been a concern for players of GW games. I've seen the price scale go up about 6 or 7 times since Rogue Trader. And each time it's really for no other reason than 'they're GW, so piss off or don't play our games'. And be-atchez that we are, we go right back to our pimp. There's always been talk about GW pricing themselves out of the market, but until we get an independant miniatures games forum or contest or magazine, it's gonna be GW's show. I mean think about it, what was the last publication you picked up to look at miniatures that wasn't WD? What was the last major miniatures contest you saw or read about that wasn't the Golden Daemon?

The Laughing God laughs at you, not with you.

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 07:18:45 PM »
agreed gw is becomeing the microsoft of the minature world but its still a fun game to play
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...