News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Other 13th Company SW list  (Read 672 times)

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
Other 13th Company SW list
« on: July 10, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
This is a list that I'm building atm.
Troops and HS are done, all the HQ's, Elites and FA are in the process of being build.
This is more a fun conversion project then an actual competative list.
C&C appreciated

HQ
Wulfen Lord (joins Wulfen Pack A)
- Frost Blade, Belt of Russ, Thunderwolf, Wolftooth, Wolftail, Wolves 2x, Bear
265 points

Wulfen Battleleader (joins Wulfen Pack B)
- TH + SS, Thunderwolf, Wolftooth, Wolftail, Warrior Born
225 points

Elites
Wulfen Iron Priest
- Cyber Wolves 4x, Thunderwolf, Wolftooth, Wolftail
170 points

Troops
Wulfen Blood Claws 8x
- Flamer, P. Weapon
135 points

Wulfen Blood Claws 8x
- Flamer, P. Weapon
135 points

Wulfen Blood Claws 5x
- Flamer, P. Weapon
90 points

Wulfen Grey Hunters 7x
- Plasma Gun, P. Weapon, MotW, Wolf Standard
155 points

Fast Attack
Wulfen Pack A (TW Cavalry) 3x
- Wulfen 1: SS
- Wulfen 2: SS, Meltabomb
- Wulfen 3: SS, P. Fist
270 points

Wulfen Pack B (TW Cavalry) 3x
- Wulfen 1: SS
- Wulfen 2: SS, Meltabomb
- Wulfen 3: SS, P. Fist
270 points

Heavy Support
Long Fangs 6x
- HB 2x, ML 3x
130 points
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:16:36 AM by Zilverscale »

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kasrkin43

Re: Other 13th Company SW list
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »
List looks like fun. Ive always really liked the 13th company idea and started one several times but never finished a full 1k.

Youre hurting for mobility and it wouldnt hurt for a little more antitank weaponry given everyones inclination for mech armies but I like it. However I would recommend increasing the squad size of your blood claws to increase their survivability in combat.

Youre not going to win all your games but the SW codex is strong enough I think youll surprise yourself how competitive you can be with the thunderwolves and long fangs.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO UPLOAD PICTURES and use lots of chaos parts when you finally make this list. best of luck!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:35:24 AM by kasrkin43 »

Offline darkstar12984

• New member of 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 03:30:49 AM »
I agree with above and could be tweaked for some more effectivness but should look amazing and work more often than you think.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 08:31:26 AM »
List looks like fun. Ive always really liked the 13th company idea and started one several times but never finished a full 1k.

Youre hurting for mobility and it wouldnt hurt for a little more antitank weaponry given everyones inclination for mech armies but I like it. However I would recommend increasing the squad size of your blood claws to increase their survivability in combat.

I am lacking in ranged AT true. Though if need I can always ""waste""  some HB shots from the Long Fangs on a Rhino along with 1 ML to give it more chances to kill it. CC AT... well 2 units that 1 S10 model and 1 that has 2 S10 models in it is going to chop up some good armour :)

As to speed... 2 scary units of Montrously large Wulfen marines comming at you at breack neck speeds :D...some how a lot of my opponents under estimate cavalry/beast :)

Good point about the Blood Claws, sacrificed the 3rd unit, scratched it off ;) , which freed enough points to add 3 to the remaining ones.

Youre not going to win all your games but the SW codex is strong enough I think youll surprise yourself how competitive you can be with the thunderwolves and long fangs.

Have taken my previous Thunderwolf models to battles and 1 tournie they are great  ;D as are the Long Fangs  ::)

I wasn't happy with the Thunderwolf models, had 2 of the original 13th company Wulfen models on cavalry bases...foot print was ok...just the height was off IMHO.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO UPLOAD PICTURES and use lots of chaos parts when you finally make this list. best of luck!

Pictures will take some time as 1 not painted yet and 2 cam has gone missing!!!  :(

As to chaos parts, for the normal marines I''ve used the original 13th company boxes and converted some on my own by adding CSM parts/weapons/backpacks to the mix.

The Thunderwolf models...still deciding on either converting Rat Ogres (legs and body are roughly ok already as is the head..except the teeth) or converting the plastic or metal DP...plastic has go the correct legs I want...but the metal DP has a better defined PA.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:34:50 AM by Zilverscale »

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!