News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 point mechdar list, revised post.  (Read 5144 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: 2000 points flank rush eldar
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 10:55:14 PM »

Eldrad-210

Seer council-245
8 warlocks. 2 with destructor, 1 with enhance, 2 with embolden,

Wave serpent-130
Spirit stones, twin linked eldar missile launchers

Yriel-155

6 fire dragons-123
Exarch with tank hunter

10 dire avengers-152
Exarch with dual catapults and blade storm

Wave serpent-145
Spirit stones, twin linked bright lances.

10 dire avengers-152
Exarch with dual catapults and blade storm

Wave serpent-145
Spirit stones, twin linked bright lances.

3 war walkers-180
2 scatter lasers each.

3 war walkers-180
2 scatter lasers each.

Falcon-180
Eldar missile launcher, holo fields, spirit stones.

moc-score

1.. Anti-tank potential; I do some decent mix of Anti-tank in there with the TL BL's and such... it could use a bit more but overall its Average...0.6
2.. Anti-MEQ potential; FD's and mass shooting for anti-mech... barely Above Average...0.7
3.. Anti-Horde potential; Here you have a good mix of shooting and big guy/AT supression,... Good... 0.8
4.. Ranged Firepower potential; You have a very decent mix of ranged firepower... Very Good... 0.9
5.. Assault potential; One, yes count them... One assualt unit... Average at best as some guys will know how to waylay them... 0.6
6.. Scoring Units / point level; 2 at this points level is bare minimum... and you may find it tough to keep them alive long enough to score with them... Average Due to some of the resilience factors... 0.6
7.. Durability or Resilience; Like I mentioned, you can reserve well, you have some decent resilience all around, so play style will be the biggest factor for your durability... Since I don't know your skill level that well, I would say the durability is barely Above Average.... 0.7
8.. Flexability; I see it being able to do well enough in all the deployment types, some enemies will give you a very tough go though... as your game plan looks a little one dimensional.... Average ... 0.6
9.. Mission Capabiliy; Low KP's, but Low scoring units too... other than that, its pretty Average... 0.6
10. Dynamics and/or Theme; I actually like the them in some ways... 2 named figures is not great; but it is one way to get some real bang for your buck... overall I like the walker idea to add to the Mech side of the list... so overall I see it as refreshing and that is a good thing... 0.8

Rating = 6.9/10 Others will score it differently; but I see this as a really good and fun list that would probably not do so well within a competitive atmosphere; but it would certainly give most armies a good run for their money. Its also a little refreshing to see something that is not all power gamer ideals... Good for you.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:32:40 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: 2000 point mechdar list, revised post.
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
Background: .25
Here, you've neglected to include what sort of environment this list is used for, who it will be facing, and how you want to approach the battle. While it looks like a take all comers tourney list, given my experience with other lists on this forum, one can never be certain. And generally Avengers that are mounted and kitted use bladestorm, but yours you state are used "lazily" in subsequent posts. The link to the batrep is useful, but a little more info about why this list has been made would be helpful.

Composition: .50
You are lacking any fast attack selections, though this is okay given the mechanized nature of your army. Your scoring unit ratio is on the low side, but your KP ratio is alright. Unit duplication is very high in this army, and this can be a two-edged sword.

Utility: .50
There's no real explanation of what each unit's purpose is within an overallplan of battle. As Lazarus mentioned earlier, the Avengers with bladestorm may not be the best bet for fast, mobile scoring units, especially where they don't intend to dismount - the cost of upgrading them might be better put towards expanding the capacity of the dragons, for instance. For the most part morale is handled as well as it can be, though without knowing your general plan of deployment [where the ICs are going] this is a little hard to discern. Most of your units do seem to be able to pack enough punch to handle their targets in a go, though whether offense is their primary purpose or not remains to be seen.

Flexibility: .75
The units in your army are directly redundant in many cases, meaning that should one fail to complete the priority task for a particular turn, another can step in. No applications are described for your units though, making it tough to gather how well they might fit together. Your army list does clearly exhibit a decent enough mix of firepower and combat, and like most mechanized lists, has multiple means of engaging the enemy granting you a fairly wide gamut of tactical and strategic options.

Ingenuity: 0
Unfortunately you've left it entirely to our imaginations to figure out how the list ought to be used, what sort of strategies are best and which are to be avoided, where potential weaknesses in the army might lie and etc. You don't really describe how your units interact with each other or how they can come together to achieve victory. Without these elements you've only got a shopping list; others may not be able to understand how to apply it in its current form. Finally, the list is very similar to many posted on the forum, and without specifying a new direction it can be taken, there's no reason to assume others won't have a fair idea of how to counter your scissors with their rock.

Total score: 2.0
What this list really needs is some attention to presentation - when a list gets reviewed, assume it will be linked up for others to reference in the sticky thread above, and that some visitors to the forum may just flip through that thread casually, want to see your list as an example of how to approach Eldar in 5th ed 40K and be unable to do so strictly with the info you've provided. Such lists need to clearly convey not just the units that will be used, but the how and why of the usage.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:30:19 PM by Gutstikk »