News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tzeentch Daemons Army  (Read 4129 times)

Offline sm3g

• Armies: Chaos Daemons 40k (1500pts and growing)
Tzeentch Daemons Army
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
So I have started my Tzeentch Daemon army, here are some photos:

Horrors (I have more photos to come shortly, and will take work in progress shots of the next batch I paint, these photos are a bit meh):

Daemon Prince (Almost finished - base needs doing obviously):

Flamers:

Post Merge: August 22, 2013, 08:48:42 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Here are some slightly better shots of the Daemon, now with armor plating.

Some finished Horrors

Have the first 5 photos of my step by step horror painting done, ill make a new post with these later when there are a few more
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:17:27 AM by sm3g »
Tzeentch Daemons Project Blog:
Tzeentch Daemons Army

Offline sm3g

Re: Tzeentch Daemons Army
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 04:04:48 AM »
HORRORS!!:
Here are some photos of my horrors during the painting process - I am in a tiny bit of a rush, if there is interest I can list colours etc used:

Basecoat:

First Layer:

Second Layer:

Third Layer (Drybrush):

Fourth Layer (Shade):

Fifth (Second drybrush over the lighter areas):

Details 1 - Basecoat:

Details - Pre Shade:

Details - Post Shade:

***After this stage I did have to tidy up some skin areas where I had gotten other colours on there***

Finished Models:

Some of the photos didn't quite turn out as well as I'd hoped but you get the idea!

« Last Edit: September 8, 2013, 05:44:41 AM by sm3g »
Tzeentch Daemons Army

Offline sm3g

« Reply #2 on: September 8, 2013, 05:44:00 AM »
Herald of Tzeentch:

Sorry these are the earliest photos I have of it, camera ran out of power and I wasnt waiting for it to charge :P

Re did the highlights last night, took some more photos this morning, not sure if I like them, also I currently hate how the fire looks

UPDATE 08/SEP/2013

Post Merge: September  8, 2013, 05:48:39 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

And now some WIP of my Changeling:

« Last Edit: September 8, 2013, 05:48:41 AM by sm3g »
Tzeentch Daemons Army

Offline Caustic

• Castellan Cawww!
  • Armies: Salamanders, 1k Sons & Daemons, Hochland Empire.
« Reply #3 on: September 8, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
Cool.

What other models are you planning to add to your collection? I will comment that posting 3 to 4 pictures of each model only will reduce the clutter in this thread, and if you have multiple daemons done a picture of a whole squad or all of them at once would give us a better idea what your army looks like in it's entirety.

Looking at the Herald, I feel that beyond the pink skin (which is well done) the rest of the model lacks that same quality with colors slapped on and no highlighting or shading.  Perhaps you could add some Earthshade to the beak and the clothes?

Also, the sequence of Mephiston Red -> Drakenhof Nightshade -> Evil Sunz Scarlet -> Yriel Yellow produces very neat looking flames and would be an easy upgrade from the flat dark red you're using now.

Keep up the good work!

Offline sm3g

« Reply #4 on: September 8, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
Cool.

What other models are you planning to add to your collection? I will comment that posting 3 to 4 pictures of each model only will reduce the clutter in this thread, and if you have multiple daemons done a picture of a whole squad or all of them at once would give us a better idea what your army looks like in it's entirety.

Looking at the Herald, I feel that beyond the pink skin (which is well done) the rest of the model lacks that same quality with colors slapped on and no highlighting or shading.  Perhaps you could add some Earthshade to the beak and the clothes?

Also, the sequence of Mephiston Red -> Drakenhof Nightshade -> Evil Sunz Scarlet -> Yriel Yellow produces very neat looking flames and would be an easy upgrade from the flat dark red you're using now.

Keep up the good work!

Fair enough, I can get some full squad/army shots going at some point.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah to be honest I really wasn't happy with how the fire turned out on my herald, especially since it turns out a lot better on the flamers that I did.

At the moment I have no idea what I am adding, I still have 5 horrors to paint and a chariot to paint..but really do not know what I am going to buy next, maybe some more flamers to make the squad bigger.
Tzeentch Daemons Army

Offline sm3g

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:40:25 PM »
Flamers:

Horrors:

Screamers:

Soul Grinder:

HQs:

I have 1250 points painted, tried to take a full army photo couldnt find a nicely lit area large enough, will have another crack tomorrow.
Tzeentch Daemons Army