News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch  (Read 10245 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch
« on: February 16, 2003, 07:27:27 PM »
Hi, i just have a question. In a SOB army, could you posssibly include a squad of Deathwatch, and Inquisitor, and a squad of Grey Knight Terminators in the same army?  ???

If you can, This could be a VERY cool army of the Imperium (or Inquisition).
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Praetor

Re:SOB, Grey KNights,Inquisitors, and Deathwatch
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 11:58:37 PM »
No grey knights for SOB I think.

DeathWatch yes

and Inquisitors yes.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 12:30:34 AM »
On Portent and DakkaDakka, many people who already own codex: Daemon Hunters have verified that you could run Grey Knights as allies. My post is about an army list. I need ideas for an army list that contains Sisters of Battle, Inquisitors, Deathwatch, and Grey Knights. Can Sisters also take Assassins? Thanx.

Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Praetor

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 12:40:25 AM »
Yes they can take them

Army list sorry can not help you their since you are looking 2 of your 3 elites going to the inqustior and grey knights and 1 hq slot taken up from the death watch.

Offline FrozenFury

• Demon llama! Demon llama where?!
    • The Zone
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 01:50:47 PM »
Your "army of the Imperium" wouldn't be very fluffy.  The Sisters are on VERY bad terms with the Inquisition and the only Inquisitors they'd consider fighting with are the ones that will be out with Codex: Witch Hunters (Hereticus...).
A word to the wise is useless.  It's the stupid ones that need the advice!

If electrons make electricity, then to morons make morality?...

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 02:59:48 PM »
Hmm. I wonder why they dislike Inquisitors from other Ordos. Can someone tell me? Anyway, I think this army would look extremly cool on the table. Im workin on an Army list now. I'll post it up in a while.

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 08:46:40 PM »
First of all, some of them use very "impure" methods.  Secondly, they're a direct line of the Terra council, which the Ecclesiarchy has has always disliked since they sorta tried to "snuff" them out way back when (2nd ed. codex will give some more insight).

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2003, 02:12:10 AM »
You can have Daemonhunters in SoB armies. Because of Codex: Daemonhunters, you can have 2 Assassins from different temples, because Daemonhunters can have them from all temples. Also, you can use tasty stuff like Daemonhosts and that too. And Inquisitor Lords for HQ.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline ruprecht

• The Internet Movie Project
« Reply #8 on: March 4, 2003, 04:41:28 PM »
I think you could, if there's no rule that says you can't have two different types of allies.

I don't see why the Sisters should be on bad terms with the Inquisition - the DH codex clearly states that the majority of the Malleus are Puritan and that Sisters can take them as allies and vice versa.  I think you'd have a hard time justifying them fighting alongside a Daemonhost though...

ruprecht
Eldar of the Vantuin : http://vantuin.radsy.com
Order of the Burning Daemon : http://sisters.radsy.com

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #9 on: March 4, 2003, 04:51:26 PM »
Well that would be another case of GW re-writing the fluff then (I haven't read the fluff in the DH 'dex yet).  If you look at the 2nd ed. fluff, they weren't on very good terms...

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #10 on: March 4, 2003, 11:28:05 PM »
I know this may sound dumb, but in Chapter Approved 2003, where does it say that Deathwatch need cumpulsary filled to take them?

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #11 on: March 4, 2003, 11:37:47 PM »
So I'm guessing this won't be a tournament army because most tournaments dont allow allies or assasins.
http://www.players-society.com/wpsstuff/rules/WH40KCORE200302.pdf

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #12 on: March 5, 2003, 12:21:05 AM »
So I'm guessing this won't be a tournament army because most tournaments dont allow allies or assasins.
http://www.players-society.com/wpsstuff/rules/WH40KCORE200302.pdf

Allies are allowed, Just no Assasins. Besides, i wouldnt use assasins anyway.

Offline ruprecht

« Reply #13 on: March 5, 2003, 04:46:58 AM »
I think the tournament rules may be rewritten now that the DH codex explicitly includes assassins.  Seems a bit silly - it would be like disallowing Avatars or Emperors Champions.
ruprecht

Offline FrozenFury

• The Zone
« Reply #14 on: March 5, 2003, 05:32:55 PM »
They'll most definately be allowed now (since it will be a sacrifice of points since you have to have an assassin AND an inquisitor).  I don't think they tournies will change too much because of it.

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2003, 06:03:30 PM »
I know this may sound dumb, but in Chapter Approved 2003, where does it say that Deathwatch need cumpulsary filled to take them?

Can anyone answer this question for me? Please? Thanx  :D

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #16 on: March 6, 2003, 12:50:24 AM »
Here is another question. IF you take.....lets say, Grey Knight Terminators as allies, can you put a preacher in the squad and make it faithful? Could they then use AoF?  ???

Offline ruprecht

« Reply #17 on: March 6, 2003, 04:46:12 AM »
I think you know the answer to that would be no.  Nice try though.
ruprecht

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 6, 2003, 03:15:02 PM »
Only faithful Sisters of Battle units can be affected by AoF, so no allies. If you did that, only the preacher would benifit for the acts.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #19 on: March 8, 2003, 12:11:38 AM »

Can anyone answer this question for me? Please? Thanx  :D

Anyone? PLEASE!