News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: SoB 2000pts  (Read 1225 times)

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

SoB 2000pts
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:17:37 AM »
Whas thinking of going to a tournament in a couple of months with my SoB army, since I haven´t played so much with WH I would appreciate any tips that you might have.

Order of The Obsidian Gauntlet

HQ
Canoness  w/ Powerweapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, Book of St. Lucius and Jump Pack

Canoness w/ Powerweapon, Bolt Pistol, Book of St. Lucius and Litanies of Faith
7 Celestians w/ Heavy flamer, Sacred Standard; Veteran w/ Powerweapon and Boltpistol

Elites
6 Celestians w/ Heavy Bolter

Troops
10 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy flamer and flamer; Veteran w/ Auspex

10 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy flamer and Meltagun; Veteran w/ Auspex

10 Battle Sisters w/ 2 Meltagun; Veteran w/ Auspex

Fast Attack
7 Seraphims w/ 2 Hand Flamers; Veteran w/ Eviscerator and Bolt Pistol

5 Seraphims w/ 2 Infernopistol

8 Dominions w/ 4 Flamers; Veteran w/ Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino w/ Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher

Heavy Support

8 Retributors w/ 4 Heavy Bolters; Veteran w/ Auspex

7 Retributors w/ 4 Heavy Bolters; Veteran Auspex

Exorcist w/ Holy Icon

15 Faithpoints
2000pts
91 Models + 2 Tanks
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Purgatory

• Neophyte
  • Auxilium et Concilium
    • The Ailarian
Re: SoB 2000pts
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 09:55:55 AM »
HQ
Canoness  w/ Powerweapon, Brazier of Holy Fire, Book of St. Lucius and Jump Pack

Power weapons are scary at S3 :P Give her Cloak of St. Aspira, Book, Jump Pack, and then BP/MC-Eviscerator or IP/Blessed Weapon

Canoness w/ Powerweapon, Bolt Pistol, Book of St. Lucius and Litanies of Faith
7 Celestians w/ Heavy flamer, Sacred Standard; Veteran w/ Powerweapon and Boltpistol

Elites
6 Celestians w/ Heavy Bolter

Never been a real fan of Celestians, and I've never tried footslogging Canoness' either. So I can't give you any advice here.

Troops
10 Battle Sisters w/ Heavy flamer and flamer; Veteran w/ Auspex

10 Battle Sisters w/ 2 Meltagun; Veteran w/ Auspex

I play Mech, so I don't really know footsloggers, but I can tell you this: footslogging squads are best off at 12-14 sister/squad instead of the minimum 10.

Fast Attack
7 Seraphims w/ 2 Hand Flamers; Veteran w/ Eviscerator and Bolt Pistol

5 Seraphims w/ 2 Infernopistol

Get rid of the second squad to up your regular BS count. It will be horribly shot up before they can reach a tank most of the times anyway, unless you spend a whole bag of faith points on them, or you play with a LOT of cover. The first squad is nice, but could use another member for the optimal 8.

8 Dominions w/ 4 Flamers; Veteran w/ Brazier of Holy Fire
Rhino w/ Extra Armour and Smoke Launcher

I'm not against Dominions with Flamers really, I'm not against Dominions at all (heck, I have a squad of them with Storm Bolters in my regular list - even though they are rather bad). It's just that in a footslogging list, where you have only a single Rhino as the only transport on the board, this little tank will be so horribly shot up the minute you try and get into Flamer range, that it's not worth it generally. Unless you turn around and go all-mech, get rid of this unit entirely, and get more Sisters.

Heavy Support
8 Retributors w/ 4 Heavy Bolters; Veteran w/ Auspex

7 Retributors w/ 4 Heavy Bolters; Veteran Auspex

Exorcist w/ Holy Icon

Get rid of the Auspexes. Since the minimum infiltration distance is 18" in LOS, you'll have to roll really good on those 4D6 to make it worth the points. If you got rid of all the Auspexes, you could get another Sister, to go in the second squad.

The Exorcist needs Extra Armour and maybe Dozer Blades. Get rid of the Icon.

In short, your list lacks mobility. This isn't the end of the world though, since footslogging Sisters are built for resiliance, and not speed. To obtain resiliance, you must have larger squads than you have now though.

Purg

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:56:03 AM »
The first Canoness is going with the Seraphims, why did you think I picked 7 Seraphims and one character equipped with jump pack? ;)

The Canoness with Celestian retinue has been gold in my most recent matches, managed to turn a terminator unit to shreds without casualtys  ;D

The second Celestian unit is to screw with my opponent, it isn´t worth much points but can be a pain in the ass if you leave them alone.

The Dominons is gone but i´m going to include another member of the Seraphim unit since the tables i´m gonna play at has some good cover to hide behind and i´m counting at the speed keeping them out of sight, the plan is just to hunt down the most expensive tanks of the opponent and if they happen to die after they have accomplished the task then it´s just another faith point for me (The Emperor thought it was time anyway... or something ;)).

I had some points over that´s why the Auspexes is there, also I didn´t take the eight member in the second Retributor squad because I don´t want to have so many identical units.

Changing the kit on the Exorcist, didn´t know what to take for my last ten points so I just took the first item that was worth that particular amount of points  :D.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:10:07 PM by ((MiniDooMarn)) »
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Purgatory

• Neophyte
  • Auxilium et Concilium
    • The Ailarian
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »
The first Canoness is going with the Seraphims, why did you think I picked 7 Seraphims and one character equipped with jump pack? ;)

Don't do that ;) Seraphim will lose their Hit and Run ability if a Canoness joins them, and that disables them from one of their primary uses. Assault in your turn, duke it out for two CC-phases, Hit and Run in your opponent's phase, and then assault again. (simply put, but you get the idea)

The Canoness with Celestian retinue has been gold in my most recent matches, managed to turn a terminator unit to shreds without casualtys  ;D

The second Celestian unit is to screw with my opponent, it isn´t worth much points but can be a pain in the ass if you leave them alone.

Can't really agree or disagree here, as I never take Celestians. They are cool and all, and I have a squad painted up, but I never use 'em. To take a small squad of footsloggers with a Heavy Bolter seems useful enough to fill up points though, but I think that those points are generally best put in more regular Sisters.

The Dominons is gone but i´m going to include another member of the Seraphim unit since the tables i´m gonna play at has some good cover to hide behind and i´m counting at the speed keeping them out of sight, the plan is just to hunt down the most expensive tanks of the opponent and if they happen to die after they have accomplished the task then it´s just another faith point for me (The Emperor thought it was time anyway... or something ;)).

Good idea. Now up the first squad to 8, and have the Canoness follow them instead of attatching it. Give the Canoness the Blessed Weapon/Inferno Pistol combo if you intend to have her as 'phim support.

I had some points over that´s why the Auspexes is there, also I didn´t take the eight member in the second Retributor squad because I don´t want to have so many identical units.

Ok, but remember that 8 is generally the optimal unit.

Changing the kit on the Exorcist, didn´t know what to take for my last ten points so I just took the first item that was worth that particular amount of points  :D.

Fair enough, but Dozer Blades would be better ;) The ability to hide in area terrain, move out and shoot in your turn and move in again if it's shaken/stunned (extra armour!) is great for an Exorcist.

Purg

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 07:02:48 PM »
Good point on the Canoness, i´ll change the equipment if I find the points for it when I´m done filling bodies for the BS units.

Adding 1 additional Seraphim for both units.

Changing the kit on the Exorcist to Dozer Blade and Extra Armour.

Anywone else that has some pointers or improvements to the list? ;)
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Wombats

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »
>Anywone else that has some pointers or improvements to the list?

Rhinos, Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers all round - proxy them and playtest it - very few people look back. 

Try out multiple Exorcists before you buy the Heavy Bolters for the Retributors. 
Exorcists are the only long range anti-tank Sisters have. 
You'll find you won't be needing further anti-horde with the number of Heavy Flamers you field. 
Move and shoot capability is also valuable - your opponent will have a hard time denying line of sight to Exorcists, not so Retributors.  They'll waste some rounds moving. 

May as well deck the Celestians out with dual Meltaguns - Dual Meltaguns on a ten body Sisters unit is a bit of a waste as you've paid for a Divine Guidance capable squad but have no flamers to take full advantage. 

I haven't had bad experiences with Flamer Dominions but they didn't achieve much considering their points cost over a Sisters squad.  The diminishing returns means the third flamer is iffy and the fourth flamer may as well be a bolter, especially against 5+ armour saves where a lot of models are being removed so your template coverage is reduced unless its a million termagants spread in four convenient conga lines. 

Don't give up on Seraphim - mine often make it into assault with no casualties because they have three or so Rhinos to hide behind.  Let me know how the Inferno pistols go. 
Thought begets Doubt : Doubt begets Heresy
(Heresy begets you sent to bed with no dinner)

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 04:24:00 AM »
I´ve played Mech with my earlier armies and wanted to test footslogger for once.

I´m thinking of changing one of the Retributor squads for another Exorcist but i´m not sure yet.

Might try if I get some points over when i´m done with the changes.

The Dominions is gone at the moment and turned to the Troop side.

The Seraphims is still there, hunting tanks and new targets :D
Ancalla face mea laganum