News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Why isn't more females around the message board?  (Read 17247 times)

the_mighty_brain

Re:Why isn't more females around the message board?
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2002, 10:02:08 AM »
I've decided we need mroe female posters here too.

I think you shoudl all follow my example  ;D

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2002, 10:05:15 AM »
Even though it is the thought that counts the effect isn't the same seeing as we already know your gender.
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2002, 10:08:35 AM »
It was worth a try.  ;D

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2002, 11:08:54 AM »
Girls playing DE? [Oh.....bad mental picture....sorry... .forget I said that] I'd figure they'd be more into Sisters of Battle. ....Ok, I'm going to pull my foot out of my mouth and slink into the corner over there, k?

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline Great Harlequin Marshmallow

• I AM the Puffed Sugar Treat...
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2002, 11:37:27 AM »
Sandman, you can come on out of the corner now.  
Anyways, I figure that eventually, another girl will join the board, and then we'll all fawn over her, leave Evonine out like yesterday's garbage, and scare the new girl off, while creating deep hatred in Evonine's DE evil-ness.  Or maybe I'm the only one who scares off the girls.  Usually, they all vacate my immediate vicinity when the two 40k players at my school start arguing about the weekend's match, and how those damn Terminators destroyed me (again).  I really don't care, because I prefer a girl who has a modicum of sense, and not just an airheaded thing that should never, ever reproduce, but most likely will.  I like girls that I can argue/debate with for hours, about anything and everything, and know that it's all friendly....there's the perfect girl...*dreams of this girl that probably doesn't exist, and if did, would hate me anyways*

Evonine + DE = Creature that will eat your soul, and never kill you
Jay
Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D: Greatest Movie Ever

Insane Army: Lieutenant of the 1st Platoon, 1st Insane Company, 1st Insane Regiment

Offline Evonine

• The Geeky Hottie
    • New Vision Studios
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2002, 03:39:00 PM »
  Well, I think you've figured out why I play DE :D.  Actually, a big part of it is because I like the spikey dark look of the army.....Sisters are just too goody-two-shoes looking for me! :)  Although, I have painted an entire army of them.....
  My runner-up choices for 40K armies are actually Chaos (most specifically Slaanesh and Zteentch), Eldar or possibly Tau......but anyway......
  I am trying to get more of my female friends interested in wargaming.....and hopefully get them on here....just don't scare them too badly if/when they appear!  ;D

Offline klardom

• Coffee: That which gives substance to life.
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2002, 03:41:53 PM »
very cool evonine.  more females in 40k is always a good thing, even if they do paint their SoBs in pink and purple!!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Offline Evonine

• The Geeky Hottie
    • New Vision Studios
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2002, 03:48:03 PM »
  Heehee...actually the weirdest I ever saw was in different animal prints...one was leopard, one was white tiger, one was orange tiger.....you get the idea....anyway, it drove me nuts!!!!   (Although that wasn't very far for me to drive, really!)

Offline Great Harlequin Marshmallow

• I AM the Puffed Sugar Treat...
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2002, 04:42:41 PM »
 Well, I think you've figured out why I play DE .  Actually, a big part of it is because I like the spikey dark look of the army.....Sisters are just too goody-two-shoes looking for me!

Know what this means, fellow guys?  WE'VE FIGURED OUT A GIRL!  We've done what millions of guys have tried, and failed!  We need to alert the media, before the vast female movement quashes our knowledge!
And speaking of being driven crazy, I just figured out that most people in Wal-Mart annoy the hell out of me...and I don't know why...

For the betterment of humanity
Jay
Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D: Greatest Movie Ever

Insane Army: Lieutenant of the 1st Platoon, 1st Insane Company, 1st Insane Regiment

Offline klardom

• Coffee: That which gives substance to life.
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2002, 06:22:38 PM »
lol, I think she more told us than anything dracon, but thats my openion

Wal-Mart = el diablo, because Its the only place that you can get anything in the pit of despair that I call my hometown

and an animal themed SoB army would be really weird, though I've probably already lost my sanity, so I don't think it would do much to me.

heh heh
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2002, 08:59:51 AM »
Do you think Evonine should recevie a lifetime EO award for being the most informative person of the opposite sex on EO? I mean can anybody think of any other female (aside from the 5 secs that The mighty brain went drag) that has done this much? I can't think of anyone. What do you think?
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2002, 10:40:59 AM »
Gawd, whenever I read this thread, I wonder how humanity ever got this far...

Evonine, and Quenture, wherever she is, are not creatures from another planet, guys! They are regular people, who happen to be of the opposite sex, that enjoy SF-based, table-top wargames! So what are they really?

GEEKS!!!

They're Geeks, just like YOU (and by "you" I mean "us"...)! Sure, they're geeks with no Johnsons, but they're geeks, just the same... 8) 8) 8)

So anyway, the point of all this is: Just CHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiLL. ..

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2002, 10:57:24 AM »
lol ya iv kinda wonderd that too ???

WELCOME TO THE LAND OF GEEKS!
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

Offline Evonine

• The Geeky Hottie
    • New Vision Studios
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2002, 01:29:37 PM »
 Heehee...you've figured out my big secret!   ;D   (Of couse, that's also why Rhaine dubbed me "Geekey Hottie...heehee)    That's probably part of the reason I've always had problems with normal guys.....they just don't understand how I can look like a normal girl and then want to go to the latest sci-fi or fantasy movie rather than some dumb chic flick!  :P  But then, that's why I find the term geeky to be much more of a complement than jock!  (I would never want to date a jock....no offense to any jocks out there....but then, if you are a geeky jock then I'd be happy!  ;D)  Anyway, enough of my rambling for now....heehee

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2002, 01:53:20 PM »
Perfect.

<Trying to look "Geek-ish">

Evonine, with you go to the Prom with me?

`Boss! < Laffin' his tail off...>

" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2002, 02:12:13 PM »
As one of the few farseers in my country (i live in sweden), have i forseen the end of the golden age.
And now i have seen the first sign: Men starting to understand women! I think it's time to abandon the world and construct craftworlds!!!
___________________ ___________________ _______
Who will join my side, who will escape before the fall?
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

• Geek of Geekyness
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2002, 03:52:45 PM »
*shrugs* its not realy that hard to understand..SOME girls
Wraithboss arnt you out of skool and married?? lol tisk tisk tisk shouldnt be hittting on younger girls ;D jk

Offline Commander Ikari

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2002, 03:58:50 PM »
But if u understands some, doesn't that make the way to understand the others harder?

• Geek of Geekyness
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2002, 04:44:54 PM »
yes in a way, some girls are easy to understand while others are just a lil more......"difficult" and as far as i know they can still surprise ya

Offline Commander Ikari

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2002, 04:51:29 PM »
Maybe it make's sense, but i still wanna abandon earth (Don't like it's inhabitants).