News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Question about harlies.  (Read 745 times)

Offline dark-reaper109

• Beware of Evil Plot Bunnies!!
Question about harlies.
« on: March 27, 2005, 09:47:35 AM »
I'm thinking about adding some harlequins to my army to spice it up . This is what I'm thinking about adding.

1 Great Harlequin, phase field, shuriken pistol, harlequins kiss, bio explosion ammo,d field, dread mask=146
1 solitaire, phase field, power weapon, explosive ammo, shuriken pistol, d field, dread mask= 171
5 Harlequin Troops, 2 harlequin kisses, leader with pistol, explosive ammo, power weapon, haywire grenades=189

Total=506

I might also add a shadow seer but until then I would like to hear opinions from other harlie players. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 10:38:06 AM by dark-reaper109 »
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Question about harlies.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
1. Try to give powerblades to the Great Halequin for more attacks
2.get rid of the power wepon for a kiss and get rid of the bio ammo as you want this guy in assult not shooting.
3.The harlly squad has way to much stuff get rid of the neruo disruptor on the troupe leader and get rid of the fusion pistols. You want these guys in combat as they are not really good shots with BS3. If you really want them to tank out tanks give them hay-wire gernades.

I highly recomend the shadowseer above the GH because his powers will greatly enhance the life of your troops. I give mine Riveblades,Shurkien pistol,D-feild for 111pts

And god luck with the harlequins.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 03:42:15 AM »
Are you planning on this as a legal army? In that case you need to legal troops, so you might want to drop the Solitaire and get more harlies. Leadrers are not generally worth it at low points either.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • quod me nutrit, me destruit
  • Armies: Harlequins, Eldar, Space Marines, DeathGuard, Nids
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 07:36:00 AM »
as an addition to a normal eldar army this could easily replace a squad of banshees.
on the other hand though, i think the squad of banshees is cheaper.

harlequins as a stand alone army are interesting to say the least, yet as an additional combat unit in an existing eldar army they never gave me much of an edge outside of 2nd edition games. for third or fourth edition they are just to expensive pointswise.

i blieve that with opponents consent you are indeed allowed to add one elite, one hq and one troop choice of harlequins to an eldar army.
it might be interesting to add death jesters to an eldar army and give them brightlances. this is quite expensive but they are a good unit of independant characters (hard to kill that means) to take out tanks and the like. in that case the rest  of your eldar army can concentrate on producing more starcannon shots for instance.

personally i'd go with the advise of killersquid to take the shadowseer instead of the great harlequin, tone down the troupe and maybe add a harlequin to it as well, improving it's survivability and combat effectiveness greatly.

i slightly disagree with the powerblades idea since it renders the harlequins kiss useless. basically it would make you pay twice where you can opnly use one of both so you might buy yet another extra harlequin for that amount of points (well almost then)