News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tyranid objectives  (Read 1544 times)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Tyranid objectives
« on: January 14, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »
Hi all, I'm usually an Ork player but I have a sideline in Epic armies and I'm taking part in the Tale of Epic Gamers over on TacComms, painting a 6mm Tyranid army this year. I'm thinking about what to use for objectives - they have to be small, preferably fitting onto a 25mm base. I was wondering about some of the extra biomorph pieces that come with Gaunts - would they work? Ideas all welcome.
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: Tyranid objectives
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
Genestealers come with a sac like pustular looking bit, that works well.  You could create your own bitz box bashed tyranid creature and call them objectives that they Tyranids want and the enemy wants because of a new genome, etc, etc.  Making your own spires works well, make them look like the Forgeworld spires, just smaller.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
What would you make spires from? Scything talons?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
I have these which would paint up nicely and may be the sort of thing you are looking for. They are based on 25mm bases, and sprayed in grey primer ready for painting.

If you are interested then I'd prefer a small renumeration  ;)

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »
Thanks chaps, I am sorted now  :)