News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Competitive 1850pts ork battlewagon hybrid  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
Competitive 1850pts ork battlewagon hybrid
« on: April 25, 2012, 08:06:43 AM »
As you can see not the most typical battlewagon list you'll ever come across, but was just wondering whether or not it is feasible nonetheless. As I think the war boss and bikes might give me a little bit more punch.

+ HQ +

* Big Mek
Choppa, Kustom Force Field

* Warboss
Cybork Body, Power Klaw, Slugga, Warbike

+ Elites +

* Meganobz
* Battlewagon
Big Shoota, Red Paint Job
* Meganob
Twin-Linked Shoota
* Meganob
Kombi Shoota-Scorcha
* Meganob
Kombi Shoota-Rokkit Launcha

* Meganobz
* Battlewagon
Big Shoota, Red Paint Job
* Meganob
Twin-Linked Shoota
* Meganob
Kombi Shoota-Scorcha
* Meganob
Kombi Shoota-Rokkit Launcha

+ Troops +

* Gretchin
10x Gretchin
* Runt Herder
Grabba Stikk

* Nobz (Troops)
Painboy
* Nob
Choppa, Cybork Body, Slugga, Warbike
* Nob
Big Choppa, Cybork Body, Shoota/Scorcha Kombi-Weapon, Warbike
* Nob
Big Choppa, Cybork Body, Slugga, Warbike
* Nob
Big Choppa, Bosspole, Cybork Body, Slugga, Warbike
* Nob
Cybork Body, Power Klaw, Slugga, Waagh Banner, Warbike

* Ork Boyz
* 16x Boy
16x Shootas
* Nob
Bosspole, Power Klaw

* Ork Boyz
17x Boy
* Nob
Bosspole, Power Klaw

* Ork Boyz
17x Boy
* Nob
Bosspole, Power Klaw

+ Heavy Support +

* Battlewagon
Big Shoota, Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job

* Battlewagon

* Battlewagon
To see more check out my blog

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Competitive 1850pts ork battlewagon hybrid
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »
I think your list will do fine...  There are a couple of things which I would change if I were to run the list...

1.  You might consider taking the PK off the boss and swapping it for a big choppa.  You can put the PK back on a nob.  THis way the boss can swing at initiative, taking out dreads and such (hopefully) before they swing on your nob.  He also still has the strength to go out tank hunting on his own...

2.  I noticed your MANZ BW's didn't have deff rollas...  I consider them essential for BW's.  If you can't afford the rolla, a plank will allow them to attack vehicals without getting out if they don't want too.

3.  You have no ranged AT.  With all those power klaws floating about, you'll kill tanks, but I'm concerned that opponents like eldar or DE are going to dance around you, popping your tanks until they've whittled you down to assault...  A couple of rokkit buggies might keep them honest...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Severyn

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Orks, Tau
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:57:01 AM »
Holy Battlewagons Batman!  ;)

I'm with Adam on the Buggies. They will pop transports and divert fire from hitting your high point stuff. In addition they can be used to control space, creating movement restrictions for your opponent.

I'd be tempted merge the Mega Nobz to 4-5 strong in 1 group, and use the points from the dropped Battlewagon/Megas on some Buggies.

I like the spread on the wagons as well. It's smart to put the Deff Rollas on the Boyz wagons, as it will make it difficult for your opponent to determine which BW to focus on. (Deff Rollas or Megas)

Definitely a solid list overall, and I think the Bikers will do nasty, nasty things.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:15:10 AM by Severyn »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »
A good start on a rolling thunder list, you will find it to be a good time on the table.

First change the MaNs to regular nobs, one with a boss pole, a pain boy, two with PKs, and the heavy armor or cybork are negotiable as you you will put them in BWs with rollers and/or rams and planks. This gives you lots of points for some squadrons of rockit buggies.

The green torpedo boss is good, and will be your landraider/monolith killer, good for all things AV14. I like him and your boss will serve you well, just don't split him from the squad too early as you will lose him to shooting. He is also good for assigning some of those S8 hits so you don't have to insta kill a nob biker. Speaking of which if you can swing the points give one of the biker nobs a PK, so the unit can still kill off monstrous creatures and tough characters.

Three squads of boys in battle wagons is just so much fun, drive a wedge and expand the gap, great fun for all (except your opponent)  :D

With six battle wagons, and rockit buggies, I don't think the grots will fit well, and will be left behind to fend for themselves. You may want to drop them and use the point for something else, or if you keep them on the list, leave them in reserve to come on and hold an objective later in the game.

Overall a great list and a formula that works, make sure to post some pictures of your army once you get it up and running and let us know how you do, (hint; batrep or two).

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak