News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: what i took to conflict  (Read 411 times)

Offline quintese

what i took to conflict
« on: March 18, 2007, 06:10:44 AM »
well after a month of head scratching this is the list i took to conflict

Hive Tyrant (Quin) ~ winged, warp field, 2x scything talons, toxin sacs (+1 S), flesh hooks, adrenal glands (+1 ws), symbiot ribbers
(188)

Hive Tyrant ~ 2x twin linked devourers, toxin sacs (+1 S), enhanced senses (+1 BS), psychic scream
tyrant guard (176)

12 x hormagaunts 120
12 x hormagaunts 120

Ravener ~ rending claws & scything talons
Ravener ~ rending claws & scything talons
(80)

Zoanthrope ~ warp blast, psychic scream
(65)

the 1st game was against Tau with table quarters mission, i won victorious slaughter (lost 8 hormies and 1 wound to Quin from a fire warrior in CC!)

the 2nd was against Eldar in seek and control, i won victorious slaughter.
i won the choice to go 1st but i let my opponent go 1st, they laughed at me for doing so until on my 1st turn when they had moved and fleeted towards me i assaulted and took out every heavy weapon except a wraith lord 

3rd game was against Iron Warrior seek and destroy, i thought my list was a bit cheesy but damn!! i won by solid victory this was indeed a great match, i may write a bat rep up even for this! i mean aw some.

so i had 28 Pt's and 10 from having a painted army, i should have received 10 or at least 5 favourite army Pt's, and 10 Pt's for sportsman ship. so when it came time for the awards i came a whopping 5th, and leaving many people(including the winner) scratching there heads. he had 47 i had 38 Pt's

Quin

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
Re: what i took to conflict
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
What point level is this?  For a non-godzilla list, you sure had a very low number of models...

Anyways, grats on the wins.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 05:18:44 PM »
It appears to be 750 pts.

Well done, Quintese.  Tyranids don't usually shine below 1000 pts but you did great.  I guess it is probably difficult for other armies to handle 2 MC's at that point level, especially when one is a Flyrant and the other has a 2 wound ablative shield.

I would want to see the score tallies.  It really seems like you should have gotten some extra points from something.  Are you sure you get 10 points from just having a painted army?  Usually it's a graded score.  A person might get a 10 for an army with a lot of attention to detail and conversions and whatnot.  Unless you have an army like that, of course.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline quintese

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 05:03:10 AM »
yeah it was 750 pt event, my list was 749.

they were giving 10 Pt's if u fielded a fully painted army, the best painting award was a separate set of Pt's and i doubt i would have scored there(much to mine and my partners efforts)

as for it being small, i did kinda make the army based around the tyrants, the hormies were aw some for just tying up people and at 12 in a brood they took a hell of a beating. and the raveners were purely in the 1st 2 games for objectives and in the last to lend a rending where needed.
i fired my thrope 11 times all torny, hit 3 times killed a banshee in the 2nd game and took of the demolisher cannon of the iron warriors tank in the 3rd turn and therefor stopped any units from suffering a template :D (i fiddled behind covers until i could maneuver the thrope into a shooting posy) i think it made a great 65 pt use.

i will get around to a bat rep soon before i forget everything.