News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nothing Special  (Read 315 times)

Offline Ser|ph^

• Newest
Nothing Special
« on: September 30, 2008, 02:26:06 PM »
a 1000pt SM army. no chapter yet.
the points are slightly off for sum, as the new SM codex isnt out yet, and i dont have the previous codex.

HQ: Captain w/Bolter; Power Weapon; Frag Grenades = 77pts
ELITE: (5) Termies w/Power Fist; Storm Bolters = 200pts?
          (1) Venerable Dreadnought w/2 DCCW = 112pts?

TROOPS: (7) 5xBolter; 1xLascannon; 1xPlasma Gun = 126pts
              (7) 5xBolter; 1xLascannon; 1xPlasma Gun = 126pts
              (7) 7x CCW; Bolt Pistols = 105pts
              (9) 8xBolter; 1xPlasmagun; 1xMeltagun [RHINO] = 205pts

That Leaves about 49pts left. il decide what to do with that later, maybe boost sum squards, or better wargear for my captain.
The idea is, 2 squads who can coverfire, and later take objectives (the two squads with plasma n lascannons).
Captain w/ the close combat tactical squad, the Venerable Dread, and the Termies all advance. each unit poses a dangerous CC threat. to add sum helpful boom later on, il have the big unit with rapid fire lovely weapons in the rhino flying about. move to the best location, jump out rapid fire/melta/plasma.

the captain n his squad, termies, n dread arent fully geared up. because im trying to provide the enemy with many dangerous options.

In a 1000pts game i dont think there will be too many tanks around, hence i hope the 2 fire support tactical squads will be enough. in a bigger game i would field sum fast attack (assault marine; small attackbike squad), a tank, and boost all the squads.

I realise the points are most likely wrong, but id just like sum feedback on the format of the army. new edition troops are much more important so i tried to field quite a few.  i kept things cheapish and effective. i think anyway :P

feedback plz.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Nothing Special
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »
A lot of this list will be illegal in the new codex. I suggest you bump up those squads (I'm assuming tactical marines) to 10 man.