News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40KO Takeshi's Castle! Sign up thread.  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
40KO Takeshi's Castle! Sign up thread.
« on: February 3, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »
Takeshi's Castle!

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the cult Japanese game show from the mid 80s, (if not ask wikipedia) where approximatly 100 contestants would enter to try and fight their way though challenges that range from the simple to difficult to so ridiclously impossible thats theres no stratergy except to hope for blind dumb luck. Its a format that can be readily replicated here.

Contestants enter in this thread, once there are sufficient members I'll start the game.
Each challenge will have it's own thread where the rules for the challenge are explained by yours truly in the style of the UK's versions commentator Craig Charles, its up to the contestants to work out a way past the challenge and to post accordingly. Those that pass go to the next challenge, those that fail are out. Obviously you get the mild amount of assistance and encouragement from General Lee (who I will find someone to play...)

Bear in mind that this is modelled on the TV show, therefore it is near impossible to win, most the challenges are unfair. So sign up now to the show concived as a 'live-action Super Mario game' exported to the US as 'Most Extreme Elimination Challenge' and now here for your entertainment. So what are you waiting for?

Current list of players;
FifthWindLegion
ETHERLORD
Rictio
YuenglingDragon
Naikee
Woozie
azore24
CheesyRobMan
Kludkerdunk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 03:25:04 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
Re: 40KO Takeshi's Castle! Sign up thread.
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »
HAI!

I'm in I will be the one dressed in urban camo and a blue 40th corp beret
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2008, 06:34:31 PM »
*SMASHES THROUGH THE WALL, FLIES THROUGH THE AIR AND NIMBLY ROLLS ONTO HIS FEET, IT'S GENERAL LEE!*

DO NOT WORRY MY FAITHFUL SOLDIERS, WE SHALL BE VICTOOORRRRIIIOUS!!!

EDAY!
GENERAL LEE
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2008, 06:54:04 PM »
Told you I'd find someone to be General Lee....

Yes, the ladies favourite, the Des Lynam of the east, General Lee, psyches up his one hundred kamikaze cousins to take on the castle!

And a customer already...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
A competition you say? A competition means a prize, and a prize means furthering the goals of the Chaos Gods! I will enter your silly tournament, and I will take that prize and rule this pathetic world.
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »
I'm in as well. I wear sparkly golden underpants and boots and a flowing purple cloak including a hood.
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline ETHERLORD

• proud member of Walberton Wargamers
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2008, 11:57:25 AM »
LoL.
Although i will most definatley not win, and my entry into this most wonderous of competitions will be met with contempt, i will enter none the less.

I will be wearing a big costume to make me look like knut, the bear from berlin.

~EL~
"you want me to re-roll my what test?!?!" the banshee screamed at her boyfriend.
Strategy Game it think you'll like. and yes it is my personal link.
a town named 40k online needs you in its populace. check out its thread in the "role-play" board.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »
Bring the pain!  And the fetid sewage that I will no doubt be dumped in!
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Naikee

• Wych
  • Dear, dear..
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »
oh brilliant, i dont mind sliding around in the mud, run into walls and be attacked by random Japanese people !

"Death is my meat, terror my wine."

Current w/d/l with my Slaanesh HOC: 3/1/0
last game against vampire counts 2500

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2008, 01:58:32 PM »
Although i will most definatley not win, and my entry into this most wonderous of competitions will be met with contempt, i will enter none the less.

Its traditional for no-one to win! However you're welcome to play, one of the main objectives of this game is to provide something that anyone can come and enjoy, unlike some of the longer running threads which can be difficult for new characters to enter.

All players are encouraged to find more players! (Otherwise no-one will get to round two!)

Offline Woozie

« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
Uh... can I be that one random Caucasian guy they have on the show every now and then?

PS. Glad you're doing it as Craig Charles, in the American version they just do crass voiceovers for everything everyone is saying.
The Imperial Guard: Winning Phyrric Victories since 25,000AD

Offline ETHERLORD

• proud member of Walberton Wargamers
« Reply #11 on: February 7, 2008, 01:02:39 PM »

Its traditional for no-one to win! However you're welcome to play, one of the main objectives of this game is to provide something that anyone can come and enjoy, unlike some of the longer running threads which can be difficult for new characters to enter.

All players are encouraged to find more players! (Otherwise no-one will get to round two!)
Amen to that brother!
i will reel in some more people with a takeshis castle home made vid! is that allowed rules expert?
"you want me to re-roll my what test?!?!" the banshee screamed at her boyfriend.
Strategy Game it think you'll like. and yes it is my personal link.
a town named 40k online needs you in its populace. check out its thread in the "role-play" board.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: February 7, 2008, 10:40:24 PM »
I am in!  Do we need to make characters?
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #13 on: February 8, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
i will reel in some more people with a takeshis castle home made vid! is that allowed rules expert?

Yes, this is fine.

Do we need to make characters?

Not really, you can define your costume if you want but it won't make a signifcant difference... although I've been thinking of use 'craigs ridiclous replay' to give people an extra life in reward for being suitably entertaining.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #14 on: February 8, 2008, 01:33:29 PM »
Buggu desu!

("I'm a bug!")

I shall wear orange and red fur as befits my avatar, complete with googly eyes. I'm fairly sure it won't stay orange and red (or dry or clean) for long...   :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Salami

• I'm a just unworthy of a custom title.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Remember Greenstuff.
« Reply #15 on: February 8, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »
So how will this be played? A challenge is posted and the most entertaining reactions will win?
May 2027: 40K 8th edition is released. The rules are now so simple that they embody the perfect emptiness of zen, accidentally causing thousands of players to become one with the universe.

June 2027: Someone complains on a message board that the 8th edition 40K rules, while the path to true enlightenment, do not feature realistic armour saves.

(Rictiovarus is the Tavern antichrist).

Offline Kludkerdunk

• Nervous as a very short nun at a penguin shoot
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »
Oh I must join this, sounds like endless fun  :D

My character is...The Hydronater! I wear a suit filled completely with water!  8)   

cheers
Kludkerdunk
74th Cadian
Commanding Officer: Colonel Kaze

W/L/D
4  2 2   

Last Game: 900 pts win against Marines.....it was a MASSACRE! :D He killed a sentinel and 6 guardsmen...I killed roughly 30 marines including a tooled - up command squad! And our luck was about average!

Quote from Spiteful on joining the 40th Corps:
In short it involves a ritual where you sell your soul to me, your body to goyder and your booze to rummy.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »
I think I can run with ten, although I think people are going to need three lives otherwise no-one will make it past challenge two let alone all the way to the end. Anyhow in the fairly relaxed manner that I have I'll let people join later on if any really want to.

So how will this be played? A challenge is posted and the most entertaining reactions will win?

Partly, although some are simple reaction time, some require an element of choice on the player that will have absolutly no relevence to whether they pass beyond blind luck. The first challenge of five will be up soon, and the good general will be there to lead you to storm The Castle (being of course the only one who's actually likely to get there...)

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
I run on stage screaming "栄光の名誉及び不完全に支えられたビット命令のため"

for glory honour and poorly supported bits ordering
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 05:35:11 AM »
*Draws up complex battleplans for the coming invasion*

There. All done.

*Destroys them, grabs his sword and runs off screaming*

EDAAAAAAYYYY!!!
General Lee
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.