News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Black Dragon Renagades Verus Swipers Defending Rabble [Sign In Thread]  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
On the eternally fair basis of first come; first served? ;D I have somehow ended up making the rules thread for the battle Swiper has been asking for for so very long. Unfortunalty having laid down his challange Swiper fogot to pay attention to his own deadline thus enabling the Black Dragon to launch a pre-emptive attack, even if it is with Farseer Telemnar looking the other way in order to be able to deny offical involvment and dirtying his Tavern's good name.

So there are two Teams;
Black Dragon Tavern Renagade Army - BDTRA (Attacking). Made up of AWOL members from the Black Dragon Defenders.
Currently fielding: Colonel Commissar Astor, Omnicron, Hymirl, Kyrano, BladeWind, greenstuff, & Azore24.

Swiper's Grand Liberation Army Against The Foolish Farseer Telemnar -SGLAATFT (Defending). Made up of the various people pledging themselves to Swiper.
Currently fielding: Swiper & Tricodex.

And theres the randomly attending Guild of Hecklers, Farseer Hedib'vre Foxilliath, Nubis and Xiou (no longer being a loner)

The Battlefield is naturally Swiper's Shack.

Todays rules.
Post a character sheet with the following format (note, if you have a special ability from previous wars then either add it in here or don't use it in this battle and keep it a secret). As normal people making god characters will be ridiculed.
Since theres not many in Swiper's camp and we've got to be slightly fair I may limit

Game Name: (Put your name here)
Race: (Are you a tree hugging elf?)
Side: (What team are you on?)
Equipment/Powers: (Got armour? Are you psychic or shapeshifing? It all goes here)
Weapons: (Guns, knifes, bombs, sharp sticks etc...)
Background: (So, who are you?)

Each player is allowed two actions per turn. One move action and one attack action. You may trade the attack action in for an extra move action, you may also trade in any move action for a non-combat action of approximatly equivlent lenght (switch a lever, drink a beer etc).
You may always attempt to make a defensive action when you are attacked, even if you have used up your actions already.

Characters all get 5 rough grades of health as a handy guide to how they're feeling.
1 - Fine (life is good).
2 - Minor injury (I broke a nail!)
3 - Major injury (Ack! I needed that hand..)
4 - Crippled (I'm going to crawl off and hide)
5 - Corpsified! (So you're St Pete?)

Characters that are corpsified are returned to life after the battle. And probably ridiculed a bit..

Objectives.
Attacker:   Slap Swiper until he stops misbehaving.
   Maybe Smash the Shack up a bit
   Escape without getting too many BDTRAs Corpsified.

Defender:Prevent Swiper being corpsified (and ridiculed).
   Prevent damage to the shack.
   Kick out the raiders from the Shack   

Don't worry, I'm not actually moderating it myself because I've found a nice, reliable, unbiased, good looking and all round great guy to actually do that. I'm just helping with the donkey work to get the show on the road (since someone who's name begins with 'S' can't organise his own wars...).

I will add a list of who's on what team as they join up.

---------------------------------------------
My next post that is in one message to avoid Makenshi slapping me for double posting.
---------------------------------------------

Oh wow! Invading Swiper! That sounds fun; I'll join up.

Game Name: Hymirl.
Race: Human
Side: BDTRA

Equipment/Powers:Modifed Viligante Mk3 powered battlearmour suit.
Features; Improved Strength, Gyrostability, Jump Jets, Neural interface system, Fusion power cells, Weapons gauntlet (left) with grenade launcher, Utility gauntlet (right) with grapple gun and wrist blade. Also has built in computer systems like targeters, infrared vision, medical scanner (standard sci-fi works really). Oh, And a go faster stripe on the jump jets.
And I've picked up one of the personal shield generators that Swordwind handed out ages ago, stops most lighter ranged attacks.

Weapons: Automatic pistol, Lance rifle (beam like energy weapon), variety of grenades (smoke, frag, concussion, emp & Psyk out).

Background: Formerly a Sergeant of a hard core anime style battlemech unit, Hymirl turned merc when his unit was destroyed in a bloody doublecrossing and ordered into an pre-arranged ambush. Forsaking his home and steady paychecks; he now adventures arcoss the multiverse killing people for money, irritating people and generally living it up

Always on the winning side!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 05:20:40 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Shade, Bankai King

Re: Black Dragon Renagades Verus Swipers Defending Rabble [Sign In Thread]
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2005, 07:59:40 PM »
Game name-Kyrano
race-wood elf
side-bdtra
Equipment/powers-healing powers,full grown fire breathing dragon,talks to trees,skilled swordsman,weak against shooting.

Weapons-shadow blade(makes me stronger),bow with 4 magic arrows that auto hit,dagger

Background-After his kinsmen and tribe were killled he vowed to find the killers and make the pay.He joined the black dragon inn to see if telemnar help him find the killers.So he joined the war
[CENTER

Offline Tango

• I used to be Tricodex
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2005, 09:14:27 PM »
Game Name: Sanctioned Psycher Tricodex
Side: SGLAATFT
Equipment/Powers: Telekinesis (Moving physical objects around with mind power. i.e. stopping a bullet, sending my dagger flying through the air ect.)
Weapons: Dagger
Background: Tricodex has had an unhappy life so far. He is only 13 years old but he has suffered more then most humans do in a lifetime. Psychers are generally despised and Tricodex is no exception. He escaped a routine purge when an inquisitor decided that such power would be a shame to loose. Tricodex is an accomplished user of telekinesis. He can literally bend reality. When the inquisitor died, Tricodex and the only other surviving squad member, Mad Adam went their separate ways. Mad Adam was killed in the last war as a BDD defender. Tricodex decided to join the next war, but this time on the wining side. Death to the BDD!

Edit: Can we call this the war of the Shack?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:13:00 AM by Tricodex »

Visit my invision RP forum:
http://s13.invisionfree.com/iSamurai
Yet another neko lover
Tricodex; tree-ko-deks

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 02:16:39 AM »
Ok a few pointers:

This war is against Swordwind - so I suggest that it is kill Swordwind - if I die it will be a tremendous shame, but the main objective of this war is the Death of Swordwind!

My army is called Swiper's Grand Liberation Army Against The Foolish Farseer Telemnar (SGLAATFT)

Game Name: Sgt Whiskey Swiper
Side: SGLAATFT

Equipment/Powers: Small shield - I have one left over from Telemnar as well, Cigars, lighter, bottle of whisky. Powers, 'Matrix Moves' for simplicity, 'Hatred of Telemnar...'
Weapons: Leman Russ Executioner - with Heavy Stubber, and Three Heavy Bolters, reinforced armour and targetters.
Twin 'Penitence' Pistols - with AP rounds, APHE Rounds. Flak Armour. Boltgun. Sweeping black Matrix style coat. Targetter sunglasses, linked with pistols. Sabre. Refractor Field.

Rubber Chicken Of DOOM!

You have too much stuff, a Tank and enough stuff for a normal character, either take a tank or your other stuff (or the rubber chicken if you really want). ~MTWC

Background: After betraying the Black Dragon in the last 'war' Swiper was furious at Foolish Telemnar's blundering attempts - and refusing to see that the whole 40kO community laughs at him. He created a rebel force - with which to destroy Telemnar and give the Inn to someone more deserving.

~Swipe.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:30:23 PM by Mak The Tavern Pixie »
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Small, Green & Spammish: Now with Extra Alcololz
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's the damn festive cheer?
    • Original Writings
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 07:29:34 AM »
Name: Xiou
Race: Freak of Nature
Side: The Guild of Hecklers
Equipment: Big pointy red stick*. Cloak.
Anything else: Is able to fly. Knows many forms of armed and unarmed combat. Is especially skilled with that big red stick you see. Pretty damn fast.
Background: Everyone knows me. I hate both sides, I just want to annoy them both.

*despite looking like an average stick it's effects are amplified by large amounts of power held within. Thus it has the power to kill with a solid blow, that or cripple quite easily and even knock down doors/walls. It is also incredibly durable.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:36:48 PM by Xiou »

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 12:52:50 PM »
Swipe: You can't really kill Telemnar/Swordwind in this attack since Telemnar isn't actually taking part himself (and is very much disowning the entire affair). So it would be somewhat unfair, of course if you beat off the attack of these freebooters that just happen to normally ally themselves with the Black Tavern then you could plan a battle yourself (this involves mildly more than hurling battlecannon shells with "I declare war written on them").

And SGLAATFT? Well, if you must...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Pvt. Dancer

• Dropped at the first sign of trouble
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 12:57:48 PM »
Name: Omnicron
Equipment: Clone Rifle, Clone Pistol, Cutting Laser, Jetpack, Hard White Armour (covering whole body and head), Binoculars attached to helmet and whip-cord and flamer :).
Side: BDTRA
Powers: Endure pain, Lightning Fast Reflexes, Self Defence

Background: Trained since childhood, to become a great soldier serving his master in any situation, being utterly loyal to his master and those with higher ranks.
His battle marks on his armour are from battles long ago, Omnicron painted some parts of his armour red
this is a pic of how you'll see him in action on the battlefield

Endure pain: Omnicron was trained to survive, even the hardest and most ferocious of enemies
Lightining Fast Reflexes: Being trained in the martial arts, he is ever alert
Self Defence: black belt says it all :D

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 01:48:29 PM »
Rifle, pistol, lazer, flamer and jetpack. Sure you've got enough there?

That's right folks, ectoplasm, the force which keeps the sun orbiting around me. Learn it well.

Offline Pvt. Dancer

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 02:01:25 PM »
No not really

I think i'll add something ;D

Offline Colonel Commissar Astor

• Hey sarge, what does this button d...
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 02:10:05 PM »
Name: Comissar Astor (certainly gets people laughing (cough cough splutter) but doesnt improve morale)
Equipment: Full Carapaced Armour
Weapons: Double SMG's, EDIT: As of now, no baneblade, as omni destroyed it  >:(, and a complete set of Philips Screw Drivers, courtesy of Telemnar.
Side: Bl4ck Dr4g0n 1nn 4 lyf!!!!
Powers: Philips screw drivers, Weak Nerves.

Background: A rather stocky but stupid fellow, Astor was recruited by the Imperial Guard for his maintenance skills. He was known for creating the only known remote controlled BaneBlade in existance, even if it was slightly unreliable. He is reasonably good at beating the horse turd out of most enemies (no need to beat it out of Swiper; he is horse turd.) and, obviously from the recent brackets, cracks very stupid jokes often. Allthough he is a trained commissar,he isnt very effective, and so is normally just called Astor. Allthough a thick sod, he is somewhat trained in tactics, and is helpful when repairing armour of sorts and several types of tank. He is also trained in sabotage, though things tend to blow up in his face most of the time.

Power rules:

Philips Screw Drivers: Astor has a complete set of Screw drivers. With these, he can successfully repair or fatally damage vehicles.
Weak Nerves: Astor, with his Weak Nerves, isn't very attentive and doesn't notice small movements as easily as most others, and cant feel light touches like wind or hear small noises like a silenced whizzing bullet (there. Thats my weakness given to you then  ;)). However, combined with his large structure and weak nerves he cant feel extreme pain and will be relatively calm when he dies horribly (which is inevitable).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 03:16:26 PM by Colonel Commissar Astor »

"Stop exploding you cowards!"
Colonel Commissar Astor, addressed to his men while fighting against the Eldar.

"Who brought the armed frisbee?! Bastards!"
Colonel Commissar Astor, pinned down against a Tau Drone.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 06:55:56 PM »
Rifle, pistol, lazer, flamer and jetpack. Sure you've got enough there?

HEY! Hes got more weapons than I have... I'm not sure that ought to be allowed...

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 07:20:18 PM »
Name: Farseer Hedib'vre Foxilliath
Race: Eldar
Equipment: Family Rune Armour, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Runes of Kickassery, Ghosthelm
Weapons: Witchblade, Shuriken Pistol
Powers: Fortune, Guide, Mind War, Psychic balls of death

Background: Seer Fox has such a long history that he may as well make a Wiki blog for himself; but his ego hasn't grown QUITE that large yet. Seer Fox appears in this war today to sit at the sidelines and heckle both sides, in SOME attempt to raise the standard of this game and to waste time before his infinitely more cool and worthwile war.

Special rules:

I am teh r0XX0rzz: Seer Fox automatically wins this battle, as both sides are technically his enemy. Therefore, as they are killing each other, it's a win-win situation for Seer Fox, and so he is always declared the victor in any fight. This entire war is a victory for Seer Fox and Seer Fox only.

Runes of Kickassery: Whenever Seer Fox uses his Runes of Kickassery, one randomy selected member of any side (though for some reason it's always himself) becomes the most kickass guy on the face of the planet, and cannot be hurt in any way, shape or form...well, even more than previously. He also smells REALLY nice.

Heckler: As Seer Fox enters this fight as a member of the Heckler's Guild, he is skilled in all manner of abusive, upsetting, and just plain rude language. Because of this, Anyone who is directly singled out by Seer Fox's heckling breaks down and cries for the rest of that round, either because he crushed their self-esteem into a spreadable paste, or just because a being of such awesomeness diegned to talk to them.

There we go.

Ciat,
Seer Fox
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:21:56 PM by Seer Fox »
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 09:11:44 PM »
Game name: Azore24
race: Eldar
side: Black Dragon Inn
Equipment/powers: Shining Spear jetbike, above average intelligence (for Eldar), strategic

weapons: pulse lance, shuri pistol, knife, twin-linked shuri cats on jetbike, plasma and haywire grenades

background: azore24 was born on Ath-Ron, a mid-sized craftworld on the edge of the Galaxy.  He is approximately 18 human years old and the most skilled S.S. on the craftworld.  He is smart, interesting, and has a bad sense of humor.  Get on his bad side and he will never let you forget it.  one day he felt like a drink and got sucked into this war, weee killing!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 01:51:05 PM by azore24 »
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Greenstuff

• Banned - Useless Petty Spammer
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 04:40:56 AM »
name: greenstuff
race: human
side: B.D.I
equipment/powers: Thick headed, harley davison
weapons: twin sawn offs, power katana,

background: little of greenstuffs past is known, it is said blah blah blah

greenstuff
User Banned - break the rules and get chucked out.

Offline Pvt. Dancer

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 12:12:46 PM »
Omnicron triggered the Baneblade's Smoke launchers for the foot soldiers to find before he left and was still busy to fly to his comrades

Offline BladeWind

• Infinity Circuit, Iconic Wizard
  • ~BW~
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 12:56:06 PM »
=Game Name: BladeWind
=Race: Eldar
=Side: BDD
=Equipment/Powers:
===Psychic Powers: Enhance, Embolden, Destructor, Conceal, Mindwar
===Equipment: Rune Armour, Personal shields x2, Falcon, Ghosthelm,
=Weapons: Singing spear, Witchblade, Shuriken pistol, Haywire/plasma grenades, Daggers x5
=Background: Having taken part in various Paths aboard a Craftworld, Blade wanted to test his skills, in search of a place to test this, Blade found a planet where Taverns and shacks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 03:57:58 PM by BladeWind »

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 01:22:53 PM »
Name: Colonel J. L. Nubis
Equipment:  Leman Russ Vanquisher (Hull Lascannon, Sponson Heavy Flamers, Command Tank, Ace Gunners and Sponson Gunners, Camo Netting),  Flak Armour, Flask of Vodka, Lighter, Assorted Cigars.
Weapons: Laspistol and Cavalry Sabre
Powers: None.  Humans don't have 'powers' you powergamers.

Background:
Colonel Nubis.  Known throughout the Forum for his fanatical devotion to Seer Fox, he has come to this pathetic excuse for a war to enforce the will of his master and to punish the powergamers and fools who rip off himself and Fox.  You have been warned.

Special Rules:
Protect the Master
Should at any time Seer Fox be attacked, Nubis must move to destroy any threats to him.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:34:49 PM by Nubis »
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 02:32:04 PM »
Let me just remind people that I will punish God Modders and equipment hoggers with avengeance, e.g.:

Equipment/Powers: Small shield - I have one left over from Telemnar as well, Cigars, lighter, bottle of whisky. Powers, 'Matrix Moves' for simplicity, 'Hatred of Telemnar...'
Weapons: Leman Russ Executioner - with Heavy Stubber, and Three Heavy Bolters, reinforced armour and targetters.
Twin 'Penitence' Pistols - with AP rounds, APHE Rounds. Flak Armour. Boltgun. Sweeping black Matrix style coat. Targetter sunglasses, linked with pistols. Sabre. Refractor Field.

Rubber Chicken Of DOOM!

You have too much stuff, a Tank and enough stuff for a normal character, either take a tank or your other stuff (or the rubber chicken if you really want). ~MTWC

Oh, and Omni, feelf ree to carry that stuff, but realise that I will play down your abilities for a simply reason: everyone here is basically the same as they're 'Special Characters', and you'll be bogged down by all those weapons, so if you want to move at all fast just stick with a ranged weapon and combat weapon or two.

~MTWC
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:47:16 PM by Mak The Tavern Pixie »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Inquisitor Yoda

• Lazerous Penguin
    • Original Writings
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 02:41:42 PM »
*cough* Omnicron *cough* taking *cough* way too beslubbering much *cough*

Oh and I've officially changed to The Guild of Hecklers for the time being.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 02:47:27 PM »
Guild of Hecklers? Well ok, but no big tanks for you people. Actually, we're fighting in the shack so extra ordanance isn't exactly against my objective so ok.

Omicron. No blaneblade allowed. Why not have one of those clone walker battletank thingies the AT-whatever it is...

background: little of greenstuffs past is known, it is said blah blah blah

Hmm, thats the most poor effort at a background I've ever seen in my life.. oh well.

this pathetic excuse for a war

This isn't a war, its an extended raid.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted.

Ooh, the moderator has spoken.