News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Doomrider for 6th Edition  (Read 3240 times)

Offline ozzfann0666

• Death is Overrated. Chaos is not.
    • My Dice Suck
Doomrider for 6th Edition
« on: October 15, 2012, 04:35:09 PM »
I know I'm not the only one disappointed by the lack of any new characters in the chaos book, as well as the omission of some great characters from the past. Well, I've created a profile for the Doomrider that I did my best to fit in with the current Chaos dex. I didn't have the book on hand, so the formatting may not be quite right, but please, I would love to get some input. The one thing I didn't put in was warlord trait, as I don't have the chart to reference.

HQ
Doomrider-260 Points
WS    BS     S   T   W   I  A   Ld   Sv
7        5       4   5   3    7  3   10   3+

Wargear
Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Mark of Slaanesh, Frag and Krak Grenades

Special Rules
Demon, Eternal Warrior, Skilled Rider, Champion of Chaos, Veterans of the Long War

Combat Drugs
At the beginning of each Fight sub-phase, roll once on the table below. The Doomrider is affected by the rolled Combat Drug until the end of the phase
1-2 Psycho-Stimm: Doomrider gets +d3 Initiative and Attacks. Doomrider takes a S4 AP- hit
3-4 Muscle Venom: Doomrider gets +1 S and T and suffers -2 Initiative
5-6 Reflexon: Doomrider’s Invulnerable becomes 3+ and he suffers -1 Toughness

The Doom Gang
The Doom Rider must be held in reserve and enter play via deep strike, even in missions that do not use those special rules. The Doomrider may be accompanied by a squad of Chaos Bikers with the Mark of Slaanesh, which gain the Deep Strike and Skilled Rider special rules. The unit may choose to forego shooting in the shooting phase that turn and if they do so may assault the turn they arrive from reserve.

Disappearing Act
If the Doomrider is slain by an enemy attack, roll a d6. On a 6, the Doomrider being removed as a casualty does not provide any victory points to your opponent as he escapes back to the warp seconds before receiving the killing blow.

Chaos Artefacts
The Doom Cycle
This is an ancient Chaos Bike, twisted by millennia within the warp. It functions like a normal Chaos bike (Toughness bonus already included in profile) with the following exception:
The twin linked bolter is replaced with Doom Rider’s Gushing Plasma Gun, which has the following profile.
Range: 12” S7 AP2 Assault 3 Twin Linked, Gets Hot!

Throbbing Daemon Sword
Range -  S+2 AP 3  Melee, Daemon Weapon, Pulse
Pulse: If a model is slain by the Throbbing  Daemon Sword, center the small blast template over it before removing the model. All enemy models under the template must pass an initiative test. Those that fail take a S3 AP2 hit with the Ignores Cover special rule.