News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wasp Assault Walker and WJP  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Wasp Assault Walker and WJP
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
Hey folks,

Recently picked up the Doom of Mymeara book. Looking into Wasps as an option in some of my lists using the Wasp Phalanx formation (pg 182). Now this formation bonus relies on deep striking the unit. However, I can't find any rules that allow them to deep strike on their own. Their jump pack, has specific wording and does not make them into a jump type unit (allowing them to deep strike).

Is this on purpose? I assume there are apoc rules, or other ways to play that can convey deep strike to them?

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Wasp Assault Walker and WJP
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:14:44 AM »
you need to give them Corsair Void Burners, it is a small cost per model.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 05:55:27 AM »
I'm referring to the normal, craft world wasp assault walkers. Not the corsair wasp assault walkers. They are, by name and wargear two different units. The formation I speak of, only refers to the vanilla wasps.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:03:45 AM by Partninja »

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »
Yeah sadly I believe the Corsair version with Voidburners is the only way to get them. I think its a misprint because they used to be able to Deepstrike. I don't have my book on hand... I'll check later today and go through it a bit.

Not sure whats going on with FW... they really need to do a FAQ. They were really good with responsiveness for awhile now they sort of disappeared. Probably has to do with the insane work load they have with HH books and producing plastics now.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 01:25:19 AM »
ok pulled the book out, the Phalanx formation give them the Cloud Breakers special rule, which is a beefed up version of deep striking. Much in the same way Falcon's get the cloudstrike rule when taken in a squadron.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:45:35 PM »
ok pulled the book out, the Phalanx formation give them the Cloud Breakers special rule, which is a beefed up version of deep striking. Much in the same way Falcon's get the cloudstrike rule when taken in a squadron.

Cloud breaker does not give them deep strike. It just gives them a bonus when they do. This is the problem, they don't have the ability to deep strike. Falcon's cloud strike formation specifically says they gain deep strike.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:49:03 PM by Partninja »