News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop to Go Their Separate Ways in 2017  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/9/a-new-path-forward/

This is disappointing news in my opinion.  I rather liked some of their role-playing collaborations, and even though the standard of editing and proof reading of some of the books was a bit of a let down, the concepts and narrative were well executed.

If anyone wants to pick anything up, I'd recommend making it a priority before the year is out, as it doesn't seem as though they will retain any of the collaborative works in stock come 2017.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop to Go Their Separate Ways in 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »
I've played none of the 40k games they made, so I'm nonplussed about this. I heard good things about the world conquering one, but I never found the price worth it for something I might never play.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop to Go Their Separate Ways in 2017
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2016, 04:22:06 PM »
We've done drunken Dark Heresy and drunken Black Crusade. Fun games. I've got a pile of their 40K RP stuff for Heresy, Crusade, Only War, Rogue Trader. Good background material while maintaining the grim darkness we've come to expect.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.