News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Killersquid's Projects  (Read 73686 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Killersquids Militarium Tempestus
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »
Congratulations on your victories and for defeating the Necrons :).

Like Cavalier, I really appreciate the nature photos.  There's nothing much in the way of wilderness around here, but I have been to other areas of the UK and continental Europe which are very picturesque, and those pictures remind me of some of these places.

I very pleased to see Spawn making an appearance in your army, as it's only fitting that you field some ;).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #181 on: November 2, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »
Thanks folks. My opponents army wasn't the greatest, and he was fairly new at the game. I gave him advice during both and after on his army and tactics. Also, was a good experience for me on how much effort it takes to kill Necrons!

The lake I was on, is right next to my house! The leaves are all gone now. We had 10cm of snow land on Thursday last week, but it was all gone by Saturday.

I finished painting my Scion army. Took out the inquisitor and am running a Combined Arms Detachment, and Two Hellrain Brigade formations in 1500pts.

I filmed a second battle report with my Scions last night with Skari of the Skardcast, so expect two battle reports to be coming out featuring my Scions in the next few weeks.

Here is the army all done.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #182 on: November 2, 2016, 11:19:25 PM »
 8) so sweet. They look great.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #183 on: November 3, 2016, 07:45:55 AM »
Again great stuff KS. Really an army to be proud of. The color choices are so unique they've really changed the way I look at the models. Paint jobs are so well executed too. Congrats on finishing your army man they are great. Looking forward to those bat-reps!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #184 on: November 4, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
Thanks folks!

I'm going to get in a practice game tonight and tomorrow, so I'll take some pictures of those. Also, the first battle report is up!

Warhammer 40k: Tempestus Scions vs Dark Eldar: Battle Report 1250 pts - YouTube
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #185 on: November 5, 2016, 06:35:10 AM »
Nice Bat Rep Killer. I feel like your opponent grabbing all the objectives to get 4 VPs early on really put you on the back foot and forced you to spread out maybe a little more than you would have liked. Thrilling stuff though, and I really thought you were going to wrest back control at a couple of points.

As to the army; it's looking fantastic. A really tight, cohesive force. Also, love the blue spot colour!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Ancient
Re: Killersquid's Projects
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2017, 08:38:41 AM »
Have not posted here in a while. Been working on a couple of different things. Started playing Bolt Action, and my LGS had our first leauge day last weekend (300pt games).

I also finished painting treasure, for a campaign we are going to play for a different game.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2017, 06:59:01 PM »
How good is bolt action?  I've heard nothing but good things.  Great pics by the way.  :)

• Ancient
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »
Bolt Action is a lot of fun! I've only played 300pt games so far. The rules are straightforward, and I really like the initiative mechanic.

I am playing as the Canadians. For our first league day, I had an officer, artillery spotter, one 10 man squad (with 2 SMG and one lmg), one 5 man squad with the same weapon upgrades, and a medium machine gun team.

Being in cover is great, but once you run into the open, your troops die really quick. The biggest mechanic is pin markers. Everytime a unit gets hit by shooting from an enemy unit, it gets a pin marker.

When a unit has pin markers, it has to make a leadership test with -1 per pin marker on the unit to do anything it's ordered to do, or they hit the dirt for that turn and do nothing.

A lot of the stradegy then is to advance in cover, try to pin the amphetamine parrot out of your opponent and then rush him. The artillery spotter is great at calling in a strike once per game, which can give out a bunch of pin markers.

Close combat is deadly too. If one side loses, all it's surviving models die. Combats never last more than one round. Certain weapons and skills make you better at melee, which is one of the best ways to deal with dug in enemy troops.

Moving onto 500pt forces, where I'll be adding a second 10 man squad, 6pdr anti tank gun, and a PIAT team (personal infantry anti tank).

After that, I am adding in my first tank, a Cromwell, which is 195pts on its own!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2017, 04:30:29 AM »
Cool treasure markers KS. What game are they for?

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2017, 07:31:04 AM »
Wow that looks freaking awesome KS. Bolt Action looks like a really sweet game. I love all the terrain and what have you and the models are cool too. Love the treasure markers as well.

Also I dont know why this happened, its a total disgrace on my part, but I'm really sorry I failed to comment after posting your freaking bat-reps! My god I'm sorry about that KS. So lets dive I think you played 3 great games. You were whooping the tar out of key units, played a really good cagey 3 games against the DE mastermind himself Skari. Your army looks absolutely fantastic and it was awesome seeing you pull off those surgical strikes and seeing that recycling unit do work. Must have been a blast playing an actual campaign with Skari. I'm super jealous...

Please do give us an update on what you plan on doing with your Scions. It seems like you are ready to move on from them... and start something new. Give us a run down on your 40k plans because I'm fascinated to see what you are gonna do next and the fate of Scions collection.

Anyway sorry again for that man, I did watch the 3 bat-reps. So anyway bud great stuff as always and do tell on what lies ahead for you in 40k and Bolt Action as well!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• Ancient
« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2017, 09:28:31 AM »
Cool treasure markers KS. What game are they for?

Frostgrave! My lgs is going to be starting a campaign soon. Frantically Working on my wizard and warband.

Wow that looks freaking awesome KS. Bolt Action looks like a really sweet game. I love all the terrain and what have you and the models are cool too. Love the treasure markers as well.

Thanks man!

No worries about the commenting, that's fine. The Scions are cool models, but the army doesn't really compete in the game right now. Riptide wing is a hard counter, and every army has one in it now.

Might be interested in the fall of Cadia detachment, which mixes imperial factions into one list. That could breath new life into the scion army.

Probably going to focus on my Harlequins for a bit, but I've had some fun mixing the Harlequins with the scions in 1850pts.

Painting projects right now is exclusively Frostgrave and Bolt Action. For 40k, I need to drive over an hour to play, but there is a place within 20min drive where I can play Frostgrave and Bolt Action.

I'll post some WIP of what I've been painting for those two games later.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »
Got board of KDK, and wanted to use my Traitor Legions book, so I stripped all my CSM and started new.

I have about 1250pts done so far. I have a helbrute, Aegis defense line, Lord, and havocs left to finish.

There is a 1250pt Event on Sunday, so I went to the LGS to practice.

I brought a Combined Arms Detachment (of Iron Warriors).

Daemon Prince (ML3, Wings, Fleshmetal, Spell Familiar and Tzeentch)

2 Chaos Marine squads in Rhinos
4 Solo Obliterators
3 Combi-plasma terminators
3 Bikes (melta)
1 Vindicator

He had

Lord (jump Pack
x2 10 man marine squads
x2 10 man cultist squads
x2 helbrutes
x5 raptors

Played Emperors Will

I had Tzeentch Firestorm, Boon of Mutation, Treason and Psychic Shreik as my powers.

Game ended Turn 6, with me loosing some marines, a rhino and a couple of obliterators, while he was tabled. Vindicator did nothing. Obliterators did most of the work this game. The prince treasoned one of the marine squads to kill one of the cultist units turn 1, and killed the marines in melee.

Gave the guy pointers after the game, and talked about how the traitor legions book could do some good work for his collection and talking about some of the mistakes he made.

Picked up some more models as an extra HQ choice and troops choice, so I can run my Harlequins in the Reborn Warhost.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
Those new paint jobs are looking sick! I'm loving all the blood and gore you're adding to them. I'm really enjoying the pose you gave that champion with the power claw, looks like he's ready to give someone a nasty backhand.
That daemon prince is just all sorts of wrong, but in a good way. Definitely feels sci-fi horror.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
I second that.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2017, 07:16:52 AM »
Dear lord KS... brilliant work! Wow... the paint jobs are incredible! I LOVE the hazard striping on the Marines.... never seen an Iron Warriors army look so aggressive... the paint jobs are just SUPER dynamic. Love the light kitbashing... and the MK IV armor only enhances that aggresive feel.

But dude... that Daemon Prince is hideous in the extreme... and I'm loving it! What a freakish spectacle. Its absolutley perfect in how bizarre it is. I love it!

So glad to see you back on the boards. Phenomenal stuff as always and cheers on the victory. I've got to catch up with you and get my World Eaters on the board.

Super stoked to see your Ynarri hit the table too. So jealous you got Sslyth... I love them! So underrated. Anyway great stuff man, you are killing it as always!

• Ancient
« Reply #196 on: March 22, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »
Those new paint jobs are looking sick! I'm loving all the blood and gore you're adding to them. I'm really enjoying the pose you gave that champion with the power claw, looks like he's ready to give someone a nasty backhand.
That daemon prince is just all sorts of wrong, but in a good way. Definitely feels sci-fi horror.

I second that.

Thanks folks!

Dear lord KS... brilliant work! Wow... the paint jobs are incredible! I LOVE the hazard striping on the Marines.... never seen an Iron Warriors army look so aggressive... the paint jobs are just SUPER dynamic. Love the light kitbashing... and the MK IV armor only enhances that aggresive feel.

But dude... that Daemon Prince is hideous in the extreme... and I'm loving it! What a freakish spectacle. Its absolutley perfect in how bizarre it is. I love it!

So glad to see you back on the boards. Phenomenal stuff as always and cheers on the victory. I've got to catch up with you and get my World Eaters on the board.

Super stoked to see your Ynarri hit the table too. So jealous you got Sslyth... I love them! So underrated. Anyway great stuff man, you are killing it as always!

Thanks. The sslyth is the 3rd cheapest HQ I could take ha ha, so a great excuse to buy that model. With the Ynnari Reborn Warhost, there is literally no reason to run Harlequins outside of Ynnari (all the pros, none of the cons), so I need to fill out the FoC. Thinking of picking up the Avatar of Ynnead sooner or later as well. I really want to paint that mini.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #197 on: March 22, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »
Nice! I'll third the praise for Mr Power Claw. Great pose, and excellent paintjob to back it up :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
Wowzers KS, sick painting on those Iron Warriors. I second what can said - they are really dynamic; quite a departure from the usual static, stoic marines that you see. The painting is terrific - I particularly like the hazard stripes and the added blood effects, but they are really good all round.

Killer little army that you have put together KS. Great work.

• Ancient
« Reply #199 on: April 2, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
Missed my chance to go to a tournament with these guys, thanks to some black ice and car repairs, so I'm back into painting.

Finished a cheap Chaos Lord for the Chaos Warband detachment (or a cheap HQ if I need him). For 1850pts, I'm thinking of a Combined Arms Detachment, and the Iron Warriors Detachment of Formations, so I'll need a chaos Lord. Also, chipping away at Cultists and some other things so I can run the army as a highlander force, which'll be fun.

Also, working on three more Windrider Jetbikes to finish off my Reborn Warhost Detachment for the Harlequins (and seven friends).

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria