News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Magos Biologis: Strains of Terror (Nid Army Pics)  (Read 128246 times)

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Re: Magos Biologis: Strains of Terror (Nid Army Pics)
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
Very nice Ramos.  I was wondering when you were going to post newer and updated photos.  Lets see more, the paint looks great!  I was debating whether or not to base my flying bases or to leave them clear.  Clearly it looks better to base them.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Ramos

« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2011, 06:18:13 PM »
Thanks BT. I agree on the based bases. They look more natural on the battlefield.
I'm starting now my hive tyrant. Hopefully i'll post again in a pair of weeks. I'm usually to tyred to paint when i arrive from work, but i'm hoping to finish the hive tyrant soon.

Thankfully,
Pedro Ramos

Offline Mr. Scrotato Head

• You all taste like chicken.
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
Some of the heavy hitters in Hive Fleet Antiquitus.

My first model.  The wings are GW Demon wings with Trygon/Mawlok talons on the tips.

My first heavy conversion project and my favorite piece, a Tyrannofex with Rupture Cannon.  The core of the model is a plastic crab that I bought at a party supply store for $4.00

My Harpy, still unpainted, took top honors at this years US Games Day in Chicago for Monstrous Conversion.  Couldn't believe it.

And my most recent conversion, a Tervigon.  This is built upon a plastic horseshoe crab toy that I bought off of Ebay.  I've always envisioned the Termigants exiting out of ports on the top/sides of the Tervigon as opposed to dropping out of the bottom onto their heads and then having to navigate a forest of talon legs.  Still need to do some final painting and polishing and of course base it.

More pics to come.
Jeff: Pierce.  Don't come over here.
Pierce: Screw you!  I'm coming over there!
Pierce: Medic!

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
Damn Dude!  That Harpy conversion is awesome!!!  I would really steal your inspiration if it wasn't for them generally sucking.  I will be sure to refer back to it when/if the codex and/or Harpy entry gets a revision.  And of course if there isn't a model produced for it.

« Reply #144 on: October 2, 2011, 11:44:09 PM »
Thanks MBT.  I really did enjoy making that conversion.  Like most 'Nid players I want the Harpy to be worth fielding.  It's a great model to make if you've got the time, but sadly just isn't worth putting in a list.  I've played him once (Still unpanited) and he went down faster than a Zeppelin at a Journey concert when everyone holds up their lighters and sings along to "Open Arms".  My fingers are crossed on the beast getting some love from any new flyer rules, but I'm not holding my breath on any GW model coming out soon.  How long have we been geeking over rumors of a second wave only to have the alledged release dats pass by again and again?  Not a lot of love going the 'Nid way from England these days.

« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2011, 10:33:19 AM »
The Swarmlord joins Hive Fleet Antiquitus!  The body is a current edition Hive Tyrant.  The head is from an earlier edition.  Bone sabres were acquired from eBay.  The base is by Armorcast.

Offline Ramos

« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2012, 06:39:36 PM »
The new guy and some others.

Offline Muffin

• KA-POW!
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2012, 06:17:32 AM »
Howdey
Been working on 'Nids on/off for awhile. My latest model for the swarm is a Flyrant with Dual Devourers

Models like this aren't complete with just a regular base

Hoping to add a wounded/dead Guardsman or Space Marine beside the bent piece of metal.
More pictures to follow I hope.
ROCK ON!

Offline Exalted One

• Maker of invisible seams
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45:55 AM »
Glimpses of the Hive Fleet Ereptor has been spotted from the edges of the known galaxy. It seems to have entered some sort of hibernation state, very little activity has been spotted. However, it seems to keep growing in numbers, whether it is due to being able to breed more creatures during hibernation, or perhaps it is simply gathering the fleet together and only seems to be growing.

That is to say, I havent been gaming fo ages, 'cause I've been really breeding more little Exalted Ones, but luckilly there has been some progress in my tyranid swarm as well.  ;D

//Exalted Edit; Hmm. I can see that I need to take some of those pics again. Most of them. :-P

//Exalted edit Vol. II ; Ok, stupid imageshack went from "free" to "pay to use", so my pics need to be hosted somewhere else. I wont edit the broken links just yet, but I will do something about them soon.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2016, 06:42:33 AM by Exalted One »
The glass is not half full. If its half full its not my glass. MY glass was entirely full! And bigger!

« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
WOW!!!  Absolutely stunning conversions and mass model painting.  I love your conversion, assumed Venomthroape, from the Red Terror model!

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »
So in the long void of when the tyranid board was slumbering, Hive Fleet Box Elder Bug got eaten by Hive Fleet Kraken, and the result was fantastic enough that the GW store in Minnesota gave them their own shelf:

The picture doesn't really do them justice, since the carapace details are basically invisible (they have orange edges and streaks), but they are so bright that they don't block out the sun, they replace it XD

Seriously, these things glow with angelic brilliance on the table top. It's been a long journey from my first crappy models, but I'm finally painting my nids in a way that does them justice.
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!