News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Members of the Black Library, step forward and introduce yourself.  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
While I do not directly suggest any path of the harlequin and exodites as we  have for the craftworlds, I think it is time to have the members of the exodite and harlequin community introduce themselves, and perhaps have a list of those who are members.  So, I ask you all to introduce yourself, state which army you play, and perhaps a bit about your gaming experiences with them (main army, side project, fluff addict, etc.).  I feel we could have much more of a community feel here, and we should.

I am Algavinn of Biel-Tan.  Harlequins were actually 2 of my first 4 40k minis I purchased almost 20 years ago.  I sport perhaps 1500-2000 points of harlequins, and have used them on and off through the years as their own army, and love using them in my normal Eldar armies.  I have no exposure to the exodites beyond fluff, but would love to make some cool models for kill teams or combat patrols for them.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Members of the Black Library, step forward and introduce yourself.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 06:06:46 AM »
This is going to be a mighty short roll-call... :)

Hi, I am Rasmus, the moderator of this particular edge of the Eldar Board since 2002.

I started playing the Harlequins back in RT, and have been hard at it ever since. My Harlequins grew into an Eldar Host (a pretty big one at that, over 20k), but now I have sold most of it off, keeping only the Harlequin Masque intact. It now stands at 4.5k just about, and I play it almost exclusively to playtest the EO Harlequin list which I have been responsible for since its inception in mid-2003.

I have a rather jumbled Exodite-army as well, but this is another piece I am selling (Here, in fact.) as I do not play it anymore, not since 3rd ed.

I have also ran the EO Pirate List, but due to lack of interest this was dropped a long time ago now.

The Harlequins are my first 40k-love, and will remains just that, and with my long-running history with the warrior-clowns, publication in Citadel Journal and involvement here and elsewhere with them, I have somehow grown into something of an authority on them. It seems that too few others pay enough attention to them, which is a crying shame.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:33:45 AM by Rasmus »

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 11:19:55 AM »
(sadly I think you're right rasmus, if nothing else, most of them just dont check the board but rarely)

A crying shame it is indeed....I mean really harlequins are the coolest part of the Eldar fluff imo.

Thanks for sharing Rasmus.  The harlequins have always been special to me, and I've always wanted to partake in exodites and pirates.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
I'm Ambience 327 - aka Matt. I've been a huge fan of both the Harlequin and Exodite fluff since I first got my hands on the 2nd Edition Eldar Codex way back when. I always like the "fringe" armies, the ones that nobody else is playing. (Which is partly why I'm also a HUGE Adeptus Arbites fan.)

I have all the parts I need to make up a decent sized Exodite army, with plans to use it as both a counts-as list with the current Eldar codex, as well as with my own home-brew rules (the more satistying option) when playing friendly games with those willing to allow it. Thankfully, my small gaming circle is quite open to home-brew rules, so I know that part at least will work out just fine.

I also have a very small amount of harlequins converted from Eldar and Dark Eldar plastics, with plans to do some more, and possibly actually get some of them painted some day! Again, this will be used in both counts-as form, as well as home-brew form.

I've always loved working out new rules and new ideas for 40K, and I've been quite busy lately creating lots of new rules for 5th Edition 40K, including my beloved Arbites, Exodites, Harlequins and (the only complete and ready-to-share) Codex: Spyrer Hunting Party!

However, my Exodite and Harlequin codexes (codecii?) are both nearing "completion" as well, and will be ready to share with the masses, and ready to receive comments and criticism as well. I'm sure people won't like every decision I've made, but I hope it will at least help spark your own creativity! So as soon as I have them ready, I'll be sure to share them here.

One question, would I actually want to post them here, or just post them in "The Forge" with a link added here for those interested?

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 06:58:17 AM »
You can post them in either place to be honest, but crossposting links "Hey! Look at my thread in [board]!" is not ok, so please don't.

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 04:34:29 PM »
Well Hello there....I have to say that Quins are about the only aspect of the Eldar army that I enjoy. I've owned a large force of Quin models from way back in the day for a long time now. Right before the new dex came out, I was toying around with the idea of making an all Quin force with the old Harlie Codex, but I dropped the idea, and I converted to the current codex. I maxed out my Elite choices, took a Great Harlie as my Autarch, and used the remaining models as Storm Guardians. I also worked in some Pathfinders, and Dark Reapers out of a Death Jester group.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Shadows Revenge

• The All Knowing
  • Armies: Dark Eldar, Raven Guard
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 03:48:10 AM »
Well, might as well toss myself in.

While I dont have a standing Harlie army yet (still finishing my DE) they are next on my list. I already have plans on how to convert them and have tested them in both the WD codex and EO codex.

I fell in love with Harlies about the same time I fell in love with DE (right after the start of 4th) but couldnt bring myself to starting either as they were fringed armies. Finally after finishing with my Nids and selling them for high profit (love when a new codex rumors come out, drives up demand  ;D ) I chose to finish my DE as I wouldnt need that much converting (dont have the time or money to buy bitz) While Im not a fluff god like Rasmus, I pride myself on my knowledge of a fluffy nature (sad I know...) and am great with tactics and list building.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »
Wyldhunt here.  Sorry I'm so late to reply to this thread. 

I started playing 40k quite recently (within the past year), and still consider myself to be a newbie.  I mostly play with proxy armies as my budget for gaming simply can't support all the armies I want to play.  I play Craftworlders, Dark Kin, EO-Harlequins (that is, Rasmus's codex,)  and have been playing around with Khodexus's dark eldar codex as well.  Oh, and tyranids.

I tend to play very odd eldar armies (such as ones that use a phoenix lord and then spam a single aspect) and very cliche dark eldar armies (I just like having that many dark lances to shoot XD.)  I'm still trying out different combinations with Rasmus's Harlequin Codex. 

I plant o go to college next year to become a game designer, and take pride in creating new units/rules that people enjoy playing.  Not sure how good I am at that yet, but one can always improve, right? XD

Offline numspha

« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2010, 02:48:42 PM »
At the risk of threadomancy, I'd like to add my name to the rollcall. I might add to the "Introduce Your Troupe" thread too, but this seemed like a better place to start.

My first 40K miniatures came in a Regiments of Renown box which I picked up almost 20 years ago. I've dabbled with other Eldar, but I keep coming back to the warrior-troubadours. I like the splash of colour, elegance and laugher in the grim dark 41st millennium.

With 5ed I decided to get back into things, and, once again I almost decided to go for Eldar for versatility and to be more roundly competitive, but it was something that Rasmus quoted that really pulled me back to the 'quins and it was this: "All their wars are merry and all their songs are sad." It's even better with Chesterton's previous line plus the stanza before.

So add me to the list. Getting back into the game I've learned once more that I'm not really an Eldar player ... Harlequins is where it's at.

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2010, 03:18:32 PM »
Threadromancy in threads like this isn't really a problem, due to the type of thread it is, which should really be a sticky.  Especially as this forum is so slow moving its not like its cluttering.

Thanks for sharing your story.  I do love seeing that people are still out there actually playing their harlequins.  I honestly havent fronted them as a single army in probably 3-4 years....but hell, I don't even play Eldar anymore.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
Well, might as well toss myself in.

While I dont have a standing Harlie army yet (still finishing my DE) they are next on my list. I already have plans on how to convert them and have tested them in both the WD codex and EO codex.

Funny I'm going through the same thing, but probably in bigger scales : (
But I'm not going to wait to have all my DE painted to start doing harlies, fi I can I plan on doing some of my harlies this year, I'm pretty sure they'll be in the new DE dex :p, evne if they aren't they'll be great apco allies.

Hi I'm Kharandhil, I've been officially collecting harlequins since about 2 years.
I love all Eldar, that's why I do every possible eldar army I can.
I started doing eldar around 96-97, then immediately started doign dark eldar when they came out. I always wanted to do harlequins, I knew the models existed, but didn't knwo how to get them, untill I discovered ebay and when I had enough money I slowly started buying all harly models.

Right now I have almost all harly models(just missing 2), which I'll get some day for sure on ebay. I also have a harly dreadnaught. I have doubles, even triples for some of the models, like death jesters, etc...
Since I play both eldar armies I figured they would be very nice allies, I get to use them in apoc, though they're unpainted : (

Reason why I don't paint them is because I'm too busy with my Dark Eldar, and I'm a perfectionist , my harlies will be top quality, the only harly I have painted got me the third place at my local GW painting competition.

I havn't play harlies much, I have tried the old codex from 2000, but I don't do any battles with them anymore. They're not painted, and I mainly have infantry, I could make a full army, but now I just have the models because they're so cool and it would be cool to see a huge harlequin core within my eldar or dark eldar apoc army. (both those armies are clearly apoc size)

I have around 2500 pts in harlies.

If they ever get an official GW codex I'll start expanding to have a real army, else I'll get see my harlies as a huge battleforce for apoc.
I can make around 7 squad (eldar harlequin squads from codex)
Each wth leader, death jester, etc...

If GW ever releases an exodite codex or any other eldar codex, I'll start it for sure. If GW gets into harlies more deeply once again, I'll follow! For now I just lay low with my considerable large harly force.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline popsical

• BANNED: Now I can't pretend to ragequit
  • Mass debating: a filthy group affair!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 06:46:48 PM »
I must add my name to the list. I have collected every Quin fig ever made andx love them all. I started them in RT 40k and loved them from day one.

Sadly GW have forsaken us, and we must remain a forgotten footnote to their global conquest!
Until our rebirth i have just one thing to add in their (GW's) direction: Yaa boo sucks to you, you uncaring buggers!  :P
These are my thoughts and opinions.
I am no more right or wrong than you or any other.
I reserve the right to agree/disagree with anything i please, as do you.
Forums are an arena to exchange ideas, not brow beat and shout down others.
Miss-interpretation of posts is common.

Offline archangel1

• Newest
« Reply #12 on: April 7, 2010, 10:24:46 AM »
Hi There,

I am new to this forum, but have been collecting Citadel minis and playing Warhammer and 40K since the days of metal bases!
I have always had a soft spot for the Eldar and they were my main army until 5th ed arrived. At that time I suddenly became rather tied up in a new job, in a new area and my wargaming dwindled to the monthly arrival of White Dwarf and the odd codex.
I am now trying to get a bit more balance in what I do and have blown the dust off my paints, opened the books and have drawn up a new army list which I am gradually collecting and painting; Harlequins!
I am really enjoying all the fluff, discusions and debates on this site where I have been ghosting for some time and thought it was about time that I showed some support.
I'll pop my most recent army list up on the 'Describe Your Troupe' post.
Cheers
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
Welcome to 40konline. Enjoy the Community!
I hope that you can be inspired to continue and build on yourS Harlequins, and make them into a telling force in the months to come.

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: April 8, 2010, 03:08:51 AM »
Don't forget to bring us some pics and whatever background and reports on your masque!  Welcome to 40ko!

Offline Jest of Death

• DJ LF job in Harlequin Troupe, will work for food.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 02:51:47 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Jest of Death.  I got interested in Harlequins and Exodites after playing DoW1 the original game i got interested in the hobby.  After playing around with my friends space marines i purchased my own space marine army.  About a year into playing I went about an hour to play at a new gamestore that a friend of mines showed me that had a lot of more players.  When I went I saw this one army that caught my eye, which was a Harlequin Masque.  I couldn't help but continue looking, and when I saw the Death Jester... that was it.

Since then I have been slowly buying individual pieces of Harlequins and Exodites to add to my current Masque.  Their mainly like a showcase thing but I have played them once with a friend.

Im mainly a fluff nerd for them, and a horrible painter of them!

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »
Welcome to the harlie section.  I hope you enjoy your psychic ninja alien space elf clowns as much as I do mine. :)