News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Orkz (BIDP) vs Tau (pic Heavy) Done at last  (Read 2774 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
1500 Orkz (BIDP) vs Tau (pic Heavy) Done at last
« on: April 8, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »
Hey guys got  to try my orks again to day so here is how it went... But first the armies

Bluu in da Phase

HQ
(135) Ork Warboss on Bike, Stikkbombs, Cybork, P-Klaw.

Troops (Elite)
(655) Ork Knob Bikers – 10; Cyborks, stikkbombs.
     Waagh Banna Bum       Painboy wit orderly      Klaw wit BP       
     Klaw wit C-Skorcha        Klaw        Big Choppa       
     Big C wit C-Skorcha       Reg wit C-Skorcha       Reg wit BP       
     Reg.

Troops
(162) Ork Boys – 12; Knob wit BP and P-Klaw ~~ Trukk wit R-Paint, ram & plank
(162) Ork Boys – 12; Knob wit BP and P-Klaw ~~ Trukk wit R-Paint, ram & plank
(170) Ork Shoota Boys – 20; 2 Big Shoota, Knob wit BP and P-Klaw

Fast Attack
(70) Ork Deffkopta Rokkits & Buzzsaw

1499pts, 4 Scoring Units, 10 Kill Points, and 60 Figures     Here is my Ork army and the first unit is painted so far so I will not focus too much on my White blobs of primer.

Tau

HQ
Sahs'el 112 pts: Fusion Blaster, Missle Pod, DC with 2 x gun Drones, HardWired Multi-Tracker, Blacksun filter, Stims.

Elite
Crisis Team 98:
a) Twin FB, Missle Pod
b) Twin Flamer, Missle Pod
Stelth Team (6) 180 pts

Troops
Fire Warriors (12) 135; Shasui with Bonding Knife
Fire Warriors (12) 230; Shasui with BK, Devilfish with Pod, Tracker, Targeting
Fire Warriors (12) 130; Shasui

Fast Attack
Path Finders (5) 155; Devilfish with Pod, Tracker, Targeting
XV-9 Hazard team (3) 210 pts; 3 x Target Locks

Heavy Support
Broadside 80 pts; SMS, ASS
Broadside 80 pts; SMS, ASS
Broadside 90 pts; Plasma Rifles, ASS

1500pts, 3 Scoring Units, 15 Kill Points, and 63 Figures     Very balanced overall, and Gregs cowardly Tau are notorious for never failing a leadership test (at least vs me). Here is his army and check out how his paint scheme is developing into a nice earthy Green with Yello/biege accents and Brown bases... very nice in real life, and it suits the Tau.

Greg always brings wicked figures to a game, so take a second to look at some of his awesome figures. It should also be noted that we will be using Greg's dice for this game; and he let me use the "orky Green" ones.

We rolled up Annihilation with DoW deploy, Greg's cowardly Tau forced my Orks to deploy first; he mentioned something about Tactics, but the "boyz" missed that comment. Thus, I put the Shoota boys into cover and he lined up a typical gunline out of my range bracket. Here is what the Battlefield looked like:

He then opted to try to steal the Initiative, again with the tactics...  Look at what he rolled, and he actually called it before he rolled it... (lucky Barstitch)

Tau T1
Thus the Cowardly Tau army (aside from the Suits) come in from the table edge and unloaded its firepower into the Steadfast Shoota Boyz... killing 7; but there ok, as I had plenty more where those boyz came from... It was noted that due to superior Technology, the Tau made all of their nightfight range checks with ease, Greg was now using the Black dice that are known to roll one-two's, so banging out pairs of 4's consistantly was pretty amazing....

Orks T1
Two Deffkopta remain in reserves to Outflank; but the Rest of "Bluu in da Phaes" rolls on, notactics just a basic Charge toward da enemee... Shooting kills absolutely nothing as all 6 Big shoota shots fail to see the enemy due to night fight, da green dice fail me, but I give them a stern calling of bad names to smarten them up (hopefully)

The Score: Tau = 0kp, Orks = 0kp
Bit of an expected Start as nightfight does little for Orkz, while the covering terrain gave them some pretty awesome saves; they were wearing Muscle Shirts, not T-Shirts -- obviously)

Tau T2
Some reserves Burst suits (XV-9) show up via Deepstrike, and so do the Stealth Suits and the commander happened to be attached to those Burst suits. Ok, so not all Tau are cowardly but I bet they don't run into any assaults; even if they get the chance.... His Pathfinders helped DS a little; but their marker lights helped the Stealth hit on a 2+ (oouch)... The burst unit kills a bunch of Shoota's in shooting, while the Deffkopta eats a Railgun shot for instant death. Pretty well every other shot goes into the Knob Bikers, putting 1 wound on 2 guys; but failing to kill anything (Da Green Dice are doing der job)... The Shoota's staunchly stay fast as they roll a 4 for their morale check....The Tau use their movement very wisely to have the drones blocking the knob bikers advance, but I have a nasty surprise for them (because he is not quite in the right possition -- did I mention that I play mech-Tau as well,,, mewhaha)

Ork T2
One Deffkopta gets his engine fired up and arrives, going at the Stealth suits, the trukks then flank over to the West, while the Knob bikers set their C-Skorchas into posistion (2 fit with ease to hit on one Fish while covering some Drones)... I then shoot the drones with Big Shoota's all around (both Trukks and da Shoota Boyz), and as the Knobs shoot the side of a Fish their Skorshas happen to roast the remaining Drones outta da way... Deffkopta is to excited to shoot with any accuracy, and in assault the Deffkopta takes a wound and does nothing. Meanwhile the Boss with Knobs explodes one Fish and immobilizes and shakes the other.

The Score: Tau = 1 kp (Deffkopta), Ork = 3 kp (1 Devilfish, 2 x Gun Drones)
So the Tau draw first Kill Point; but the Orks respond well. I think my luck with saves is about to run out (well I am pretty well ooutta figures in Muscle Shirts) as I have two squids in bad spots, and the Knobs can't last too many rounds of that much shooting (and I actually think they will get even more bullets in the not so distant Future....

More to follow. I am working on it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:36:31 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: 1500 Orkz (BIDP) vs Tau (pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »
Tau T3
The Cowardly Tau bring their last unit (mixed Suits) in from Reserves via Deepstrike, superior Technology has them land in an optimal location. The rest of the Tau continue to set up the block on the Knob Bikers, or gain firing position to continue with their shooting. The Mixed Suits blow the Big Shoota off the most northern Trukk, and immobilize it. The Burst Suits & commander finish off the Shoota Boyz, and then all other available shooting goes into the Knob Bikers... 3 die and cause a morale check on the unit... they fail; but the boss punches one in the face to quell their intended departure, and they fall back into line without casualty. In CC (read this twice please) the stealth suits kick the crap outta the wounded Deffkopta before it ever got its buzzsaw started, they consol 2".

Ork T3
The Deffkopta fails to get his rotors working and stays in reserves. Both Slugga units dis-embark and set up to assault the Stealth and Mixed suits respectivvely; while the Knob Bikers adjust to go into the Squad of Fire Warriors blocking their way... In shooting nothing happens as I wouldn't want to loose a charge due to a failed morale check.... Mork smiles as the assaults begin; The Knob Bikers + Warboss allow the Tau Fire Warriors to fight before butchering them all and consolidating, the Sluggas vs Stealth suits has the stealth team dying to mass attacks, and the Slugga's vs Suits has the Suits also going down to mass attacks. Consolidation has the Slugga's advancing or going back to their ride, while the bikers get ready for the next road block unit(s).

Score after 3... Tau = 3 (2 x Deffkopta, Shoota Boyz)  Ork = 7 (FW's, Stealth, m-suits, 2 X Fish, 2 X G-Drones)
The Tau bag a couple more KP's to try to even things up; but the Orkz respond with even more butchering to actually advance their lead; but how long can the Orkz brute force work ?

Tau T4
The Tau set up a very strung out Road Block to hem in the Knob Bikers before drilling them with as many shats as they can muster, it should also be noted that they continued to use cowardly marker lights to improve their effectiveness, and 4/5 actually worked for this turn (way superiour Technology)... Thus the Warboss took 2 wounds, and 4 Knobs died in the fray of bullets, with the FW's right in front of them though, they easily decided to stay in the fight.

Ork T4
Deffkopta rotor was still not up to full speed, so he stayed in reserves. The Warboss breaks off and skirts the Fire Warriors to get possition on the Pathfinders, the Knobs line up on the Fire Warriors, while 1 slugga group advances into/through cover (run) and the other slugga's get back into their Snow-trukk and start moving towards the Tau Commander. Once again Mork smiles as the Warboss goes to work deflecting all attacks against him, and landing 5 kills to be-atcher the Pathfinders. The Knob Bikers then kill a bunch of Fire Warriors before the FW's pack their luggage and runn off the battlefield.

Score after 4... Tau = 3 (2 x Deffkopta, Shoota Boyz)  Ork = 9 (2 xFW's, PF's, Stealth, m-suits, 2 X Fish, 2 X G-Drones)
The Tau have met a wall (wall of Knob Biker that is) and have had trouble to deal with it... I don't think Tau expected then to be that resilient, as one failed LD test would have had them outta the game... So do the Tau have enough bullets left to settle the score, or will the Orks continue to butcher everything they get to ?

Tau T5
The Tau are not happy, as they real back to take in that last response.... Thus a Broadside sends a Railgun shot into the Warboss and end his day, The Burst Suits work on killing some Slugga's, The Commander bounces some shots off of the good trukk, and all other shots go into the Knob Bikers once again... The Bikers are all wounded now; but they are hanging in there.

Ork T5
Finally the Deffkopta arrives, and gets possition on the Broadside that just killed Big-Bluu (ork Warboss). The Bikers set to work on the last FW's, as the Slugga's get possition to get at the Burst Suits. In Shooting, the Broadside eats a Deffkopta Rokkit and explodes - denying the kopta its CC revenge. Slugga's Run, as the Bikers roll into the Fire Warriors. FW's last about 1 millisecond before they run of the battlefield.

Score after 5: Tau = 4 (2 x Deffkopta, Shoota Boyz, Boss)  Ork = 11 (3 xFW's, PF's, Stealth, m-suits, 2 X Fish, 2 X G-Drones, Broadside)
The Tau are way behind but the orks are actually running outta figures, so canGreg get another turn to try to eventheScore ?

He rolls another 6, and the game continues.

Tau T6

Tau Commanders shots bounce off the good trukk, Some shooting into the Knobs; but the green dice save them, and the Deffkopta eats a railgun bullet to inta-die... Burst Suits shoot the hell outta the Slugga's (again in Muscle shirts as they save a lot of it), and then jump into them. While in CC the Burst Suit gets a wound but the boyz are steadfast... Hit and Run fails for the Suits.

Ork T6
The Boyz in trukk work to get to the CC action... The Bikers line up on the Plasma Broadside, while the Slugga stand in CC..  Bikers waste their opponent while 1 Burst suit goes down but CC is a Draw.

Score after 6: Tau = 6 (3 x Deffkopta, Shoota Boyz, Boss, trukk)  Ork = 12 (3 xFW's, PF's, Stealth, m-suits, 2 X Fish, 2 X G-Drones, 2 x Broadsides)
I feel bad for the Tau (just kidding) but it is looking grim for them... Greg rolls another dice and the game continues.

Tau T7
The Braodside explodes the Trukk. While the Coomander gets into CC with the Boys. The Burst suits get finished off in CC but the Commander remains in the fight.

Ork T7
The Orkz look around and see that they have 3 Knobs ready to butcher a lone Broadside and 2 Slugga Units (abot 12 guys w/ 2 PK Knobs) going up against the lonely Tau Commander... They decide to start their evening cook fires early and allow those few Tau to slink away so others might hear of the battle....

Score after 7: Tau = 6 (3 x Deffkopta, Shoota Boyz, Boss, trukk)  Ork = 13 (3 xFW's, PF's, Stealth, m-suits, 2 X Fish, 2 X G-Drones, 2 x Broadsides, Bursts)
Ork Victory, and it could have been a clear massacre...

I would like to thank Greg for another great game... he won the last 2, so I was due to win eventually.... his army looks better each time we play, and he always brings a great hobby attitude to the table.... I would also like to thank GW Halifax for the use of their facilty...

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:20:25 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Captain Krash

• Yarrick's biographer
  • Captain Krash
Re: 1500 Orkz (BIDP) vs Tau (pic Heavy) Done at last
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »
Sorry to hear about your hand I hope all is well. Your batreps are more amazing every time I read them! Nice pics as well. Also nice use of the Warboss sad he died from a rail gun! Damn Str 10! Great game. Please keep them coming.

Krash

Incantation of Purity
May my flesh, blood, and bones stay pure,
May my holy aura repel the unclean,
And may I stay true to the Imperial Creed
- The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer

Yarrick's biographer

url="http://www.templecon.org/"][/url

Offline Lord Alliben

• Ripper
  • jo. Ph34r my l33t skillz. B4x4^2!
    • Alliben's Homepage
Re: 1500 Orkz (BIDP) vs Tau (pic Heavy) Done at last
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 05:30:21 PM »
Very nice batrep. Thanks for putting in all that effort. Really enjoyed reading about that game. Congrats on the win. Those Nob Bikers barely survived. Lol.