News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Thoughts.  (Read 8575 times)

Offline RAVEN KRW

• Abyss Lord
  • Let Slip The Dogs Of War
    • Ravenstone
Your Thoughts.
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:38:24 PM »
Well Where do I begin.
The Britsh Police force is nothing more than a farce especially Humberside Police.

On the 21/09/06 A incident occured where a school girl was been bullied by an older girl the situation escalated when the mother of this younger girl who was been bullied told the bully I've got my eye on you. Well things were then made  worse when the girl went to her mother told a pack of lies and holy war broke out on the bullied girls families doorstep. The woman who can only be politly discribed as an animal behaving like a wild baboon went bonkers assaulting the family inside their own home yes Inside their home well when the 999 call was made did the police come out even though they could hear the attack going on. NO.
No one came leaving a bloody fued getting worse.
Whats even worse the police reassured this family that officers would be coming out. No one came. The police then started ignoring the innocent family's calls.
Apparently its perfectly fine for someone to cross the threshold of your door way step into your home and assault you then get away with it.
According to humberside police they have a procedure to follow and thus will only come out if this happens on more than three yes three seperate occasions well Im totally disgusted with this and outraged at the thought.
Someone who enters your house and assaults you is able to get away with it. What the hell are the police there for.

What are your thoughts on this matter do you think its ok.

Not forgetting this
Unfortunately things will not change until the political geography of Hull changes, and the people stop voting Labour. When Hull was named worst place to live in Britain, Prescott our Deputy Prime Minister no less came on our TV screens blustering on about how millions of pounds is being spent redeveloping the centre.

This work should have been done decades ago. 
He is fooling no one. Yes, Hull has a large number of teenage pregnancies, poor education, crime, and a drug problem. These are the symptoms of social deprivation caused by years, no decades, of political neglect.

Hopefully soon we well see the back of the Labour party in Hull and that fat parasitic, political slug John Prescott.

~Raven.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 01:10:04 PM by Hulls Raven »

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Re: Britsh Police Force. Your Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 02:52:56 PM »
Reading that quote made me do a quick double-take. The phrase "This work should have been done decades ago" leapt out at me. Now what you seem to be saying here, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that you're blaming the Labour government for promising to do what you feel a completely different party should have done some time ago? Do I have that right? And if so, is that not a little like accusing the current Bush administration of not pulling the US Army out of Vietnam earlier?
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline ersatzkommando

• Back from the warp
  • Armies: Sisters of Battle (primary) Dabbling in CSM
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »
Where in UK do you live? (pure curiosity on my part)
It sounds similar to the more troubled areas in Sweden. That means the ghettos of Malmoe. Gothenburg and Stockholm, not some small towns in the middle of nowhere.
It's OK to be angry but you have to remember that the police is not an independently supported military force which can crack down on any injustice with impunity. It's funded by tax money. By your elected government. If you're sick of it you have to vote for another party in the elections. Apart from that all we can do is complain and complain.

Offline chaos0xomega

• Hilary Clinton FTW!
  • Fabricator-General of being banned.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »
Well, judging by the post and his screenname, I would say he lives in Hull. Just a hunch  ;)

Personally, I think the British police are a joke. No guns? That's just sad.

BANNED!
This user has been banned for regular breaches of Forum rules.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:09:45 PM »
Not all police work is hot lead and blood in the streets oh troll. You'd be surprised how often it is not necessary to actually attempt to kill the person you are either seeking or actively apprehending.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 09:16:50 PM »

The problem is that they are underfunded and over-bureaucratised and so don't have time or resources to deal with things as they should. They're under-staffed too, but there's not a lot they can do about that - there is beslubber all community spirit left in this country and people just don't want to join the police force. Lots of people in Britain seem to dislike the police on some arbitrary anarchist principle that they can't even define to themselves, and then there are the criminals and semi-criminals who see them as a threat.

Personally, I think the British police are a joke. No guns? That's just sad.

We don't have an armed population, and there are crack firearms units on standby to deal with gun crimes. It's a system that works so far. If streetgangs with guns become more of a problem then that might change - right now it's still mostly knife-crime, but illegal guns are still increasing slowly.

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Our Little Red Friend - Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »
We don't have an armed population, and there are crack firearms units on standby to deal with gun crimes. It's a system that works so far. If streetgangs with guns become more of a problem then that might change - right now it's still mostly knife-crime, but illegal guns are still increasing slowly.

Well I do read in a news sometime ago that last year in UK, two men on motorcycle wielding a samurai sword actually stormed a shop and held the shopkeeper at blade point....it was robbery.

While I am not familiar with the British police system at all (other than their cute hats), are they adequately equipped to deal with sword-totting criminals ?
Signature Pending Update :P

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 09:28:18 PM »
While I am not familiar with the British police system at all (other than their cute hats), are they adequately equipped to deal with sword-totting criminals ?

Don't confuse "do not routinely carry firearms" with "can not carry firearms." This sounds like a hostage situation and that would explain the caution rather than any hardware missing at the time.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 09:33:45 PM »
Well I do read in a news sometime ago that last year in UK, two men on motorcycle wielding a samurai sword actually stormed a shop and held the shopkeeper at blade point....it was robbery.

Not especially, but then again we don't get many swords being used in crimes. It's very rare - though there was another example I can think of from a couple of years ago in my county, when an ex-civil servant who'd been fired unjustly (or so he felt) went bezerk and killed his former boss with a katana. A terrible crime of course, though you have to admire his style - you don't expect that sort of thing from a British civil servant.

In cases like these, the armed rapid-response teams are called in, so it ends up as guns vs swords in favour of the cops.

Blades are quite common, but they are almost always just knives. The police have good training, body-armour and long extendable batons, plus pepper spray, so they can deal with a knife-wielding criminal.

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 01:23:48 AM »
There's a couple of rozzers who attend my Tae Kwon Do classes, and they are, I'd like to make clear, as hard as nails. Even though there are severe limitations on what they can do in the act of arresting (put simply, if you leave a mark, you're in trouble), they can still dish a lot of crap out. Do you know what a truncheon can do when wielded by a 90 kg policeman? It's surprisingly effective.
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 05:28:18 AM »
I have to say that the British police are one of the best forces in the world, precisely because they don't have guns.
Guns tend to put police officers on a bit of a power trip and can turn a force of normal blokes into a bunch of arrogant, bullying bastards.
The emergancy firearms response squads are perfectly adequate for our needs.

More on topic, while this incident certainly isn't a one off, I have to stick up for the police to a point. They are underfunded and undermanned and really do have to make this kind of decission. It's tough, but it's understandable.

As for it all being Prescotts fault, well that's a real laugh.
How come the Tories didn't rejuvinate Hull all those decades ago? It's Thatcher's England that turned Hull into a dump in the first place, but you only blame Labour for taking their time to put it right?
Come on.

Dizzy

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 08:56:00 AM »
Don't confuse "do not routinely carry firearms" with "can not carry firearms." This sounds like a hostage situation and that would explain the caution rather than any hardware missing at the time

Well the robber got away actually...but in any case, when a British cop (with no guns) spotted a robber with a huge blade, what would they do?

when an ex-civil servant who'd been fired unjustly (or so he felt) went bezerk and killed his former boss with a katana. A terrible crime of course, though you have to admire his style - you don't expect that sort of thing from a British civil servant.

Wow....is Katana a common popular weapon in Britain? second time I heard they are used for crime over there. Where did they get all these swords ? Are they liberally available in any cutlery store ?

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »
when an ex-civil servant who'd been fired unjustly (or so he felt) went bezerk and killed his former boss with a katana. A terrible crime of course, though you have to admire his style - you don't expect that sort of thing from a British civil servant.

Wow....is Katana a common popular weapon in Britain? second time I heard they are used for crime over there. Where did they get all these swords ? Are they liberally available in any cutlery store ?

Sarcasm is not helping anything now is it. No they are not available in cutlery store. And I do believe one needs a licence to own a sword as large as a Katana, but I may be mistaken. As with all illegal weapons, people always find ways to get them.

CM

Offline Ixe

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2006, 09:25:11 AM »
I just think England's domestic violence laws need a shot in the arm, is all.  In Duhmericka, there have been a lot of fairly recent reforms.  They used to just separate the couple for a little while and then leave and nobody was ever prosecuted.  Now, some states have laws that people guilty of domestic violence must be prosecuted no matter what, even if the abused person refuses to testify.  And pretty much all the states have harsher penalties for domestic violence than for regular assault.  Lawmakers have finally started to realize what a widespread problem it is and crack down on it.

Of course, a neighbor coming into your house and beating you up is another matter.  It's not domestic violence at all, it's plain old aggravated assault and there's no excuse for police to ignore it.  But hey, if the cops are too useless to care, the family could always bring a civil suit of battery against their attacker...

Offline RAVEN KRW

• Abyss Lord
    • Ravenstone
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2006, 10:09:06 AM »
What I'm having a hard time with is trying to understand why the Humberside Police force didn't come out when the 999 call was been made the person taking the call quite clearly hard the assault and abusive behaviour going on yet sent no one out. Secondly this wonderful police force then said they would send some one out yet no one turned up. Then after repeatedly trying to contact the police who didn't want to answer the call or return the calls made they finally said that its not proceedure to investigate this. The assaults have to go on for more than 3 occasions before they will act. Is that a wonderful police force does it sound wonderful. I don't think so.

The trouble is with idiots like that protecting the innocent its no wonder people literally take the law intro their own hands.

Infact the British police are a joke and Im a Britt. Secondly the the Humberside Police force have a reputation for been useless and a joke. Infact they have such a bad reputation that they have been under investigation on many occasions.
Humberside Police are Hulls Police Force.

~Raven.

Offline Killing Time

• Infinity Circuit | I put out on the first date | Tarrin's Sullied Cunning Stunt Double
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2006, 10:19:51 AM »
Well I can see that Humberside may need to get their act together as it seems that they are indeed a bit of a joke.
But I don't think you can lump the whole of the British police force into the same basket. On the whole, they are far from being a joke. Indeed they are the envy of the world. Just ask a Frenchman or a German which police force he'd rather have and they'll often say the British.
Mistakes are made (and monumental cock-ups as well by the sound of things), but at least our lot aren't as corrupt as the Russians or the Italians, as brutal as the French or as trigger happy as the Americans.

Dizzy

Offline RAVEN KRW

• Abyss Lord
    • Ravenstone
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2006, 10:25:24 AM »
I don't think the Americans in L.A. Or New York,Florida infact many of the American states have a very effective police force and a good reputation to go with them.

The British Police force are next to useless. Many Britts will agree with that statement.

~Raven.

Offline Killing Time

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »
I don't think the Americans in L.A. Or New York,Florida infact many of the American states have a very effective police force and a good reputation to go with them.
This statement doesn't make any sense.
If you mean you DO think that many American states have police forces with a good reputation then I don't refute it.
But you're still more likely to get shot during a police action than you are in the UK.

The British Police force are next to useless. Many Britts will agree with that statement.
~Raven.

And many Brits read The Sun....that doesn't make their opinions worth listening to.

I don't agree with the statement and I'm a Brit.
I have witnessed many instances of the usefulness of the British police wheras you cite one instance of uselessness to disparage the entire force.

Dizzy

Offline Ashman

• Fear of Bovines. | Cool title here until Devern thinks of something better
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 10:48:37 AM »
Infact the British police are a joke and Im a Britt.

It seems to me that you are hardly in an unbias position here. I can tell that you are very upset and angry by this occurence, but it does not give you the right to make sweeping statements about the British Police force as a whole. In fact, my experience (technically my brother's, after a nasty chav attack) with our local police has been very satisfactory.

And I'm sure even more will disagree. Just because some people would agree does not make it the case. Please cease your sweeping statements.

CM

Offline Captain Leonidas

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Sword of Santiago
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 10:50:03 AM »
Sarcasm is not helping anything now is it.

While it doesn't help, I do hear some rumours how easy it is to get long bladed weapons in UK....and the two incidents I have read seemed to confirm this one way or another.

Plus, one of a few of our very own member here (UK-wise) actually owns swords.

And my other wonder is....for all of long bladed weapons, why katana as a weapon of crime ? Why not a regular bastard sword (which I presume easier to get than an exotic Eastern bladed weapon)