News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Death in the trenches- 72nd Trench Rats blog (UPDATED JULY 12TH)  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Catachan Devil Sniper

• Bad Trader Nuff said - BANNED
  • SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
As people has known, I have started an Imperial Guard Trencher army. When the Renegade list came out, I thought it would be something new and different to use. At this point in time, I don’t know if this will be a Renegade army from the IA5 or just using the Imperial Guard codex.

I want to do something that is new and different from what other people have done. 90% of the models in my Trencher army will be not be from the 40k line of models but I will be using Warhammer Fantasy models.

Just for a small taste until I can get some pics up, I will be using Men at Arms for my basic Guardsmen and I will be using Flagellants for conscripts.

I will post some pics of the models I got so far by the end of the week. This will be one hell of a longggggg blog because this is going to be a whole army blog. I don’t have a model for my Captain of my command sqd yet but that is later.

I am always up for questions and comments about this army.

The Emperor Protects
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:01:25 PM by Catachan Devil Sniper »
You can take over ANY goverment with the right amount of TNT!
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

Owner of a 1990 Buick Riviera, 08 Kawaski Ninja 650R Motorcycle
GS for the Xbox 360 now is 10,135 pts

• SEIG ZEON!
    • Auzzie'z HQ (Gundam, 40K, tanks and airplane model builders talk and read about models)
Re: Death in the trenches- 72nd Trench Rats blog
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »
I know it has been a while and I havent even had a pic up of one trencher yet but I got some very WIP pics.

^Those are going to be the Guardsmen.

After hearing the terrable news about our docts are going away, I thought that these guys will turn to Chaos. And I can hopefully use them in the campaign agasint Aislinn to aid my Night Lords. At least I will get them done by next jan by the time I leave for boot camp.

The Dark Gods...kinda protects...
« Last Edit: June 1, 2008, 10:14:34 AM by Catachan Devil Sniper »
Vin Diesel made a go cart that ran on the hopes and dreams of orphans, it goes fast

Armies: Zeonic Guard 'Zeon's Devils', 72nd Trench Rats, D-99, Night Lords 'Razors in the Night', Imperial Fists, Emperor's Dragons (SM), Tau

• SEIG ZEON!
Re: Death in the trenches- 72nd Trench Rats blog (UPDATED JULY 12TH)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 06:30:25 PM »
I know I know mods, I havent touched this post in a while but I have been busy with stuff...

Anyway, I got a small update to show that this army isnt forgotten. I got my 1st box of Workers Rabble (I dont remember what they are but they are from WF). I am going to give them laspistols, lasguns and flamers. Problem is, they come in boxes of 10, and I need 20 for a troops slot. But I got enough on my plate right now. Anyway, here are some small updates:

^Some of the Guardsmen. Still working on the arms^

^1st of the Officers for the army^

^Proud of how the steel body armour came out using the washes^

^Hmm...what is that sign on his chest armour...^

^Bodies of the workers rabble^

^more rabble^

^So take a guess why I posted a pic of a 'Dark Angel' ;)^

I know I am not the best at painting, I am good with plastic card and swarpinp out parts, but I think I am getting better. I started to do highlighting on cloth.