News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequin 5th ed army list  (Read 8167 times)

Offline Farseer Amidas

• BAD HOBBIT!!!
Harlequin 5th ed army list
« on: January 14, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »
Hello all

Sorry if I am asking a stupid question, but is there a link to a 5th edition army list for harlequins??

Thanks
Amidas

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Harlequin 5th ed army list
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »
There is no such animal. One of our members is making a fan-list in teh Forge right now, there is an entry in teh Eldar Codex as to the Harlequins, and the 40konline Codex will get an update eventually.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:03:42 AM »
A Harlequin theme Eldar army is easy to do with the newest Eldar Codex - Here is one I built last year for a local tourney - (several pages and blog posts)..

http://web.mac.com/torg_or/Torgs_Project/home/Entries/2008/6/3_Harlequin_2k_Army_Project.__-_It_Begins.html

The army is very fluffy (as I played Harlequins in the RT era (the beginning)... its a difficult army to play and very unforgiving - but its a blast from the past.  Just use your imagination and some "counts - as" substitutions and your good to go.

-d

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:19:22 AM »
That's a lovely army, and legal to play, which is a bonus, but it is not quite the accurate representation of the RT-list that at least the EO/40konline Harlequin Codex strived to be. The 5th ed reqork will aim to be that, but then, of course, it will jsut be fan-work, and not a legal armylist. As things stand now, it is either one, or the other, unfortunately.

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:37:21 AM »
Agreed - its not exactly what we had in the RT era (the compendium lists were so much fun)... but its legal and its just one example of things you can do and still be legal. Even the Wraithlords wern't in the original Harlequin lists... not until the CJ stuff - which is something that I don't look at as full harlequin fluff or lists.  The CJ stuff was over the top - and was not fully to the original work in the RT era.  It was nice fan-work - which GW allowed to be published in their CJ hobby mag... but it was never acceptable at larger events to play that I was looking at doing.  Although I did play it locally for fun.

I ended up changing things in my list a few times - and still have a couple more changes in mind.  The biggest things I missed were a solitaire which is really a balancing act - with the various options when doing "counts-as" ... most opt for phoenix lords or an Autarch for him... I am leaning to going with Yreil.

It would be nice to have a viable CC jetbike option - I ran mine as guardians - but it would have been nice to have better CC abilities. 

- anyhow - I have reviewed the experimental lists in the past - but not having the ability to play it in even local tourney events has kept me with doing fluffy - counts as lists.

-d

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:42:01 AM »
It was nice fan-work - which GW allowed to be published in their CJ hobby mag...
   The list in CJ 39 was GW's, not a fan-work.

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 12:05:54 PM »
hmm I had thought it was submitted work to GW for CJ.  It was pretty OTT for gw stuff.. but at the time perhaps that was inline with what they were doing.  I stepped away from 40k around 2nd ed... and didn't start playing again till 4th.  But it was my understanding the most things in CJ were experimental - It was done by gav thorpe...so I guess its fairly official lol... i did forget that bit.

The list in CJ also didn't mesh with the GW list that came out for EOT as well... another reason I had thought it wasn't fully official GW studio work. 

Anyhow - I would like to see a bit more new stuff from GW on the Harlequins - perhaps a phoenix lord option for the Solitaire, some CC jet bikers , and some other troop options - the venom was also interesting.

I will have to take a look at my compendium and see what else is missing...

-d

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 08:19:36 AM »
very nice lil army you got, I got a lot more harlequins, but you have a lot more harlequin jetbikes than me lol.
But then again I probably have more eldar units :p

I'm working towards growing more harly bikes.

I really wish GW did some effort to make some lil harly codex. A lot of people still have a whole bunch of harlies and it's a very easy way to add another army to the 40k world.

The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Torg_OR

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »
yeah - it would be nice to have a new and complete army codex for the quins'... similar to the witchhunters or deamon hunter books for the imperials.

I have lots more harlequins - all the "storm guardians" are old harlequin figures - along with the 2 units of elites there are 25-40 of them... and I have a few more.  Not including the new ones which I have not had the time to paint.

- bikes are fun... again the codex rules are lacking ... but still fun.  Ebay have lots that come up from time to time.  Luckily most of mine I picked up looonnngg ago lol.

-d

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 01:50:16 AM »
I have now posted my first version of the Harlequin codex in the sitckied thread. Looking at it I have found some tragic flaws in the math, especially in the pricing of certain units, but it is at least a start. Bikes are back - at 34 points each!