News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HAMMERCON announces 40k 2v2 tourney: November 6th 2010, Hamilton Ontario!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Razing_Zozo

• HP>0=Victory
Follow link for more info:

http://hammercon.ca/node/83

Don't use all-caps.  -Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:36:03 PM by Mr.Peanut »
"So let me get this straight: You hit me once with your Bike, winning the assault, I rolled a 9 for morale and now my unit of 11 Firewarriors and 2 drones are totally wiped out... 13 to 1, and I'm scared to death cause T'om got killed??? Only the Tau"

Offline surfingspider

• Resist complacancy
    • Whitespace
Re: HAMMERCON announces 40k 2v2 tourney: November 6th 2010, Hamilton Ontario!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
Make sure you add this tournament to the wargames event calendar, http://aksakalaustralia.com/knowwhen/,that I'm trying to build up.

*plug*  ;D

b:h:w 36C-24-35

Harlequins, Tau, Sisters of Battle, Soviet Tankovy Bataljon, Soviet Strelkovy Bataljon, Waffen SS Panzerkompanie, German Imperialists, Polish Lithuanian Commomwealth, Moghul Indian - wait these are different games.. ah well.

Visual Listen: That Princess You Flatter: The Piass, Moi Dix Mois, Malice Mizer, David Bowie ;)

Offline Disciple of Nagash: GT

• Neophyte | Iron Skull recipient
  • Mike Mudd 2011 Sportsman Award recipient :)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »
I'll admit, I was all geeked out about this till I started reading the rules. Everything seems...overly complicated, for what seems like no reason. I can understand the restriction on unit selection, that sounds great. The whole way the tournament is conducted is overly complicated though, or at the very least, the way it was written. A straight up elimination tournament would be better it would seem, or a normal tournament setup would be best. The way the setup for each tournament is done is needlessly complicated also. Not sure what to say there, I read it over about 4 times and gave up trying to figure it out.
Reset my counters in prep for 6th:
Black Templars: 0/0/0
Dark Eldar (new codex): 0/0/0

Offline Razing_Zozo

• HP>0=Victory
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:13:09 AM »
teams of two, 500 points per army, double elimination tournament. The restrictions are standard for 'skirmish' style fights. Fast paces fights with defined winners and losers in each fight. Up to 32 players can finish a tournament in approximately 6 hours.

General WH tournaments (while fun) are lengthy and based on points from various sources (like bonus points for painting, submitting rosters early or using proper. force slots) This is meant to be a system focused more on the competition side of playing, while allowing newer players to field an army and participate without getting too invested in WH. This is also intended that you do not need to bring a huge army to a convention, 500 points is small and easily stored.
"So let me get this straight: You hit me once with your Bike, winning the assault, I rolled a 9 for morale and now my unit of 11 Firewarriors and 2 drones are totally wiped out... 13 to 1, and I'm scared to death cause T'om got killed??? Only the Tau"

Offline Razing_Zozo

• HP>0=Victory
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »
Main Details you should know:

2 versus 2 (team) skirmish tournament

Points per army: 500 (no point sharing between teammates)

Tournament type: Double Elimination
Rules

•    Required force slot: At least 1 Troop choice must be chosen; no other force organization restrictions
•    Entry capacity: 16 teams (32 players)
•    Each team will be seeded randomly and assigned a number between 1 and 16, which will be used during set up
•    Alliance Army Restrictions: None (i.e. Space Marines could team up with Chaos)
•    Mission Selection: Drawn to War System (see below)
•    Preregistration is required to secure a seat. Players needing teammates can be connected through the HammerCon 40k Tournament Team. Submit army rosters prior to Oct 31.
•    HammerCon 40k Tournament Team and Judges have full authority in all in game and tournament rules.
•    Players' games will be announced on game day. 1st round of event will be seeded randomly and then proceed in a standard Double Elimination Bracket

Special unit rules:
•    No 2+ saves
•    Max 2 wounds per model
•    Max 33 armour (Front+Side+Rear)
Violation of any Event Rules and/or Special Unit Rules could result in disqualification from the Event, it is each players responsibility to know and understand all rules presented. Judges will be present and available prior to and during the Event for any clarifications.

The remaining details are available on the link provided, though they main explain how elimination brackets work and the system for how map missions/types are chosen. Neither is too impoortant a detail to know, but they are there for those who want them/